Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What brought a smile to your face today?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

I have discovered the light fluffy tasty savoury yumminess of Rice Cakes!! :) Would always scoff at any food anyways remotely healthy but dayum these things are goodness personnified!! :) Can't stop eating them now.

The chocolate covered ones for a treat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

My boyfriend asked me to move in with him today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

I have discovered the light fluffy tasty savoury yumminess of Rice Cakes!! :) Would always scoff at any food anyways remotely healthy but dayum these things are goodness personnified!! :) Can't stop eating them now.

salt and vinegar snack-a-jacks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

akamossy wrote: »

!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

I randomly texted my boyfriend today saying "I want a jelly snake."
    (Bloody addicted to those things)

He stayed and worked from my place today and when I came home an hour ago, I discovered three packets of jelly snakes under my pillow. Sitting here smitten and stuffing my face with them. I'm anyone's for a bit a sugar! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭TheBeardedLady

akamossy wrote: »

Obviously you'll refuse 'till you get married. Terrible carry on!:mad:

What made me smile? Having enough sleep last night and being in better form for it. Also this cup of tea I'm drinking. First one all day!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

I asked my 16 month old "what does the cow say" in irish and she said mooooooo haha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

My Spanish flatmate's sister got married a few months ago. Supposedly in his region it's traditional for the guests to all get a present from the bride/groom/family. The women all got a pair of fancy shoes and maybe a bottle of wine, the men got a bottle of wine and something else I think. My flatmate has been waiting for ages for the pictures of the wedding to come through because he wanted to sit down with people and show them off. Part of his plan was that he got the shoes and wine for the people he'd show the pictures to. He decided to give the presents out today because he's been waiting too long for the photos.

He gave me a bottle of wine (in a fancy bag!) And apologised for not being able to get the shoes in my size. It's so adorable. I'm beaming that he's been thinking of me. :D

The fact that this time next week I'll be getting ready to get my flight home to Ireland to see my family and friends. I LOVE going home more than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,268 ✭✭✭✭fits

Had an amazing work Christmas party in Finland last night. So much craic and we danced until six. I love my colleagues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Being asked out on a date :O eekkkk!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Awesome work party last night, got to kiss the hottest guy I work with also :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

I work in TV News, a strange and bloody stupid industry that my old-school parents know little about.
    Chatting to my Dad today and he told me about some journalist from a local station back in Ireland who had contacted him about a story he's doing on the fishing industry (he works for a fishing co-op)
    He basically forwarded me the email yer man sent him, following their conversation, in case it might be a good 'contact' for me.
    From reading the email it was clear my aul dad had been gushing about me, working in a 'top notch' job in the 'big city'...'she's obviously very talented'.
    My Dad is a man of few words and even fewer emotions so the thought of him yapping away about me and my job on the phone to this random journalist, who was trying to quiz him about the fishing industry and probably rolling his eyes to himself, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :):)

Got a Whatsapp from one of my students in my morning class on the way to work this morning to say they're putting on a breakfast for me for Christmas at the office. Got there and they'd bought cakes and made lovely coffee and we sat down and had a great laugh together. We didn't speak a word of English the whole time which wasn't very teachery of me but hey! It's Christmas! So much better than teaching the smelly Present Perfect at 9 in the morning. Got the proper fuzzies from that. So nice of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 shaz90ish

Every evening, walking back from work to see all the streets lit up. Its soo christmassy and peaceful :)

a very close friend brought me to a gig in Dublin tonight. Paid for the whole lot and said its a Christmas present. It was a great night and I'm even smiling typing this up.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Free Lindt chocolate at Archway tube station this morning :D

shaz90ish wrote: »
    Every evening, walking back from work to see all the streets lit up. Its soo christmassy and peaceful :)

Can't beat Ireland for that magical, Christmassy feeling. 3 days!!

Wine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Few sociable drinks this coming evening. FacebookThumbsUp.png

• Advertisement

The barman was farting a lot last night. He was very proud of himself. It was very funny. It was a really relaxed night in the pub, very Christmassy with everyone chilled out. That made me smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭BadMoonRising

Watching the scenes just shown on the news from Dublin airport of people returning home for xmas, the excitement of it all has melted my frozen heart :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,268 ✭✭✭✭fits

Watching the scenes just shown on the news from Dublin airport of people returning home for xmas, the excitement of it all has melted my frozen heart :D

I came through on Thursday, and the sheer emotion of the place totally got to me, and I had a few tears... even though I was only home six weeks ago. :o

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I came through last night and my main feeling was relief after a very bumpy descent and landing in a turboprop!

I have a smile on my face today because I now have all the paperwork sorted for my wedding :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

Gave a good friend of mine her Christmas presents today. She was delighted with them and it made me feel all warm and fuzzy. The first Christmas presents I've given out this year. Delighted with myself. I really love Christmas. I'm a big kid at the back of it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

JaseHeath wrote: »
    Gave a good friend of mine her Christmas presents today. She was delighted with them and it made me feel all warm and fuzzy. The first Christmas presents I've given out this year. Delighted with myself. I really love Christmas. I'm a big kid at the back of it! :)

Aww that's really sweet. I am actually now more excited to see people's reactions to my presents to them rather than excited to open mine. I put in a lot of effort this year so here's hoping their reactions will be :D

Received some potentially bad news at Dublin airport when I got home Saturday about a family member that's upset and worried us all and we won't know anything for definite until the NY but it also means my parents are here in Ireland for Christmas instead of travelling to the US like they were supposed to and my sister and her family booked last minute tickets and all flew home to spend it here. Every cloud has a silver lining and all that and it's lovely to be surrounded by them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Received some potentially bad news at Dublin airport when I got home Saturday about a family member that's upset and worried us all and we won't know anything for definite until the NY but it also means my parents are here in Ireland for Christmas instead of travelling to the US like they were supposed to and my sister and her family booked last minute tickets and all flew home to spend it here. Every cloud has a silver lining and all that and it's lovely to be surrounded by them all.

I thought that a few months ago. We were in the funeral home the night of my grandmothers removal. It was towards the end, just before leaving for church and the guy came in and said 'We're going to do the final prayers and close the coffin, so family only please.' We looked around and realised that the room was so full because it was full of our family. A sad occasion, but we were all in it together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I love my doctor! She is so nice and kind. I always leave the surgery with a big smile on my face. She's a credit to her profession :).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Seeing the first babies of the New Year on the RTE news. Aww, and with their older siblings, so cute.

Advertisement