Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atlantic Storm Watch 2014: February/March

Options
1434445464749»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Hooter23 wrote: »
    There are signs that after next week it will become dry and settled but its too far away to be certain yet :rolleyes:

It better hurry up, I seriously need to get the hall door varnished. It's been 100% impossible to this point lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

When my mate was driving me home earlier, I could feel the warmth of the sun...fo'real! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Hooter23 wrote: »
    There are signs that after next week it will become dry and settled but its too far away to be certain yet :rolleyes:

Cold and settled, or warm and settled?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Cold and settled, or warm and settled?

At the moment it looks like warm and settled with temps reaching the mid-teens still about a week away but signs today are still good for decent weather next week hopefully.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Spring 2014 thread open here
    Let's keep this one for discussing potential windstorms
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

South East kerry very stormy at the moment.. Has been building all day. Some real strong gusts.
    Anyone else experiencing similar unexpected winds.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Its very strong in Athlone at the moment - was building steadily all day, but wasnt expecting it to be as strong as it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

Quite windy in Galway now. But we've seen worse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

CB19Kevo wrote: »
    South East kerry very stormy at the moment.. Has been building all day. Some real strong gusts.
    Anyone else experiencing similar unexpected winds.

There's been a few strong "gusts" in the last hour or so here in Cork city North, wasn't expecting that, got used to the total calmness of the last couple of weeks very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Strong gusts here near Ashbourne. Very noisy. Off topic - was great to get all the dogs blankets dried today on the line!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

it's windy here in cork city. nothing to see here, move along

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

maringo wrote: »
    Strong gusts here near Ashbourne. Very noisy. Off topic - was great to get all the dogs blankets dried today on the line!

We did the exact same thing, lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

When can we expect the winds to abate, noisy aul day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

vicwatson wrote: »
    When can we expect the winds to abate, noisy aul day

Depends on one's location, 18:00 hrs Thursday 20th but a noticeable drop from about midday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Some hefty enough squalls of wind in the last 4 or 5 hours at the folk's house here in west Mayo. Cold front will begin to push through in the next couple of hours which should bring it to an end.

14032003_2_1918.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

absolutely miserable in Cork now chucking it down and pretty windy (nothing like a few weeks ago mind) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

northgirl wrote: »
    absolutely miserable in Cork now chucking it down and pretty windy (nothing like a few weeks ago mind) :)

We're hardened veterans now, I'll take a CatVII Cyclone Thingie to make us take notice of anyrhing anymore ~~ a little windy and a little rain, didn't spot me sleeping at all. Smug grin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭weisses

Relatively light winds and Clearing up rapidly (nice blue skies ) ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

weisses wrote: »
    Relatively light winds and Clearing up rapidly (nice blue skies ) ...

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭weisses

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Where?

Ooh sorry

Dingle

I removed location recently .. will get it back in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

Met Eireann has heavy wintry showers forecast for tomorrow!! Has anyone else picked up on this and is the forecast credible at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

looking at tv three there andseems it will be more the northern part of the country which gets the worst, 70 to 100 km per hour winds tomorrow,
    getting colder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Fairly windy here in north mayo at the moment, been a funny aul day too, sun then rain then wind and back to sun, and now wind again.

Advertisement