Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭bren2001

If you try your card too much, they effectively block your account sign up for 24 hours. At least that’s what they told me when I switched from Argentina to Turkey a few months back. I just went gift cards for that reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

As others have posted, my account was shadowbanned today.

What grates me is that they only took the payment for another month a couple of days ago, was subbing through turkey for 6 quid or whatever. They have been going through some inflation by the way, its increased from a couple of euro in less than 12 months.

Told the wife I probably wouldn't renew, asked her what we used it for and she said peppa pig lol

T..T...T...That's all folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Was going good until it asks me for mobile number to send code

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Set up a new account via India, used Revolut and all good again, €7.34 for the top package

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭w4ntedman

Same here with Revolut but avantcard worked no problem. Might be a case of trying cards until one bites ( until they crack down in India too at least)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Cheers lads, Turkish one stopped today so followed the steps above, went as far as paying with Ireland, turned on vpn for India, confirmed, had to press restart membership again went through steps and now back working… for this month at least

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭pelluci

Had the exact same problem, so tried it with AIB card, and it worked (someone above said they did it with N26 as Revolut didn't work, but their friend was the opposite, so it seems to be random as to which card will work.....maybe just a different one to what you used previously).

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Same here, turkish account kicked today.

But just tried India account with revolut but not working for me, I get to verification step, and verify on revolut I get the error "There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use."

Im on express VPN to india when I do it

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭w4ntedman

I couldn't add Curve when setting up the India account so used avantcard but it let me add Curve as a back up without a problem. No idea why

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Luna84

Yesterday I was watching a show for a bout 2 mins and kept getting errors which never happened ever but I said must be an issue then tried to watch today and got kicked out and Netflix was asking me to subscribe. It was a good ride while it lasted but the kicker is I only last week paid for this month. How will I cancel that payment from Revolut or do they stop taking my Lira now?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭robbie000

Same as everyone got kicked from my Turkey connection and same for another account I setup for someone else.

Using VPN can go through the motions but it's the SMS front Turkey that's stopping me completing.

Anyone any ideas how to get that or another workaround. Not paying €20 a month for Netflix.

Cheers

Rob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭PapaBooje

VPN set to Ukraine (using VPN Unlimited), payment with Revolut debit card - €9.99 for Premium plan, no questions asked. Better than Irish rip-off rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭clint_silver

you can get temporary website accounts to send verification SMS codes to. Google "receive verification SMS in <country of choice>" and try one of the websites

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭bunderoon

This worked for me. I used my Android phone with Winscribe App. For Netflix Payment I kept my card as before. Stayed with Turkey aswell.

I did use a once-off revolut digital credit card to pay for the SMS service. I wasnt going to put my debit or credit card into that site..

Thanks a millon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Re what library you see being based on where you are or where you sub - short answer is it depends. If you have an EU account then you will have your home country's library when you go anywhere else in EU. So if you have an Irish account and go to spain, you'll still have irish library.

If you have a non EU account or you travel to a non EU country with an EU account then you'll have the local Netflix.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I tried that, but any card I tried failed, so it was just easier to set up a new account and start all over again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

same here. turkey sub got kicked..

using vpn trying to renew ,revolut card got me the "problem with your payment" error. my aib CC wanted turkish phone number..

not sure whether to bother with the likes of india or keep trying with turkey using process above. deffo not paying irish prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Mine was also canceled today. They took my payment last night and they refuse to give me a refund and told me to take it up with my bank. Feckers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭bunderoon

Try the sms route with your AiB card. Worked for me.

mrrandom1233:27 pm

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/121812288#Comment_121812288

Sure

Using Macbook. Connected to Windscribe VPN in Turkey

Used Chrome Incognito. Signed into my Netflix account and went to sign up again.

Entered my Curve card details. I was then asked for a Turkish phone number for Netflix to send vefiication code via SMS

Created account https://sms-activate.org/en. Topped it up by 1$.

Go to Activations on https://sms-activate.org/en - select Netflix as service and Turkey as country. Add to cart and buy.

Enter the number given to you on Netflix and then you should see the verification code appear on https://sms-activate.org/en

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

Pakistan seems cheaper than Turkey, Rs 1,100 (€4). Anyone try there with a credit or gift card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Tried signing back up again with Revolut which I was using but "Problem with your payment" keeps flashing up. Tried with G2A gift card but I'm getting the same message. Logged in via Windscribe VPN.

Got it working in the end by making a new account. Added Rev card as backup payment. If it doesn’t accept payment from the Rev card when the gift voucher expires I’m done.

Post edited by jakdublin on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭G1032

Thanks for this. Unfortunately didn't work. Get through to sms verification with Curve card. I get the verification code but when I input that code on Netflix it tells me there was an error processing card. I was 100% not going to bother with any of this, yet here I am still trying to get back in🙈🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

Tried this to reactivate my Turkish account only this time I was using Argentina VPN, used same Revolut card as with Turkey only this time it worked. Got to the SMS verification, used same service as you. All worked. I never realised Netflix premium €10 in Argentina at the moment:(

well, better than €20 anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

People using Irish bank cards for India what kind of charges will u pay? or they are covered in ur txn currency conversion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Got it to work with my PTSB debit card.

used an incognito tab and a new gmail account.

VPN off, and signed up with new email address.

Went through to select the plan, and tot he screen where you select you payment method, and stayed there

Turned on VPN to India, clicked the browser back button twice to return to the plan selection screen, which will now show the plan in rupees

Selected to 499 rupee plan

Then clicked the next or continue button to go back to payment selection screen

Keyed in my PTSB Debit card, then asked to validate via the bank app, did that and it accepted it.

Was then brought to a screen and asked to enter a phone number, I just ignored it.

Signed in on netflix app and its all good for now !

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭robbie000

I ended up just buying the Netflix gift vouchers loading them up on the account as it kept blocking trying to add Irish bank card and prompting for turkey mobile number.

It looks like I might just need to add Turkish Netflix vouchers going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,633 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Netflix premium plan in Nigeria is 4400nk which is roughly €2.70 which is surely worth a try

The internet isn’t for everyone

Ugh. F*** this

Windscribe. India. Getting through to card verification. Confirmed card on Revolut. Then get the 'appears to be a problem with payment method..... '

Same with Curve

And same with N26

Edit. BOI debit card worked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

I am trying India on VPN but keeps showing price in dollars. Anyone had this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Yeah I had that earlier today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭lordsheepface

this worked for me using expressvpn (pick india via singapore for the server - signup for their annual plan and you get 7 days free. if you cancel within 7 days you wont be charged) and a curve card

did not work with windscribe or solid vpn (aka vpn unlimited)

did not work with n26 physical card or revolut virtual card

no sms verify required. the only suggestion of sms was if i wanted to add a recovery phone number which i did not.

it cost me 7.25eur (649 indian) it would seem

Using VPN Unlimited but no go so far

Tried my alma mater of Turkey but won't work despite trying various cards and using an SMS service to verify using a Turkish mobile

have edited my post slightly which will probably help you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

How does this work in Ireland since we don't have ads? €25 for Sky TV and Netflix, even if you have access to the TV channels by other means, is not as bad relatively speaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Mobius2021

I have VPN Unlimited - India didn't work so went with Ukraine.

Hope that works long term. If it doesn't they can stick my sub up their holes 😁

Just got Nigeria to work. Using my Irish card

Guess we'll see for how long but comes in less than 3 euro

Had to start with new email so history gone but I'll get over it 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I was cancelled today. It was working last night. I was subscribed in Turkey for at least a year and a half.

I spoke with the Live Chat in a bid to try and update my card details directly. It was pleasant and structured at the start - I was informed my account was cancelled to "protect members against unauthorized charges" and that they "sometimes cancel accounts that show signs of unusual activity". I played dumb and said that I hope my revised card would solve the issue.

The tone changed.

"Your account is cancelled"

Why?

"We have noticed the activity on your account does not match the same & this activity is not aligned with the practices to the country you are in".

"Do not use this account. Do not keep anything linked to this account."

The agent knew what was going on as well as me, and this was clear from how they phrased things outside of the stock answers.

I'll be fine, and I've other ways of getting media, but my parents are big users and it's hard to justify the large monthly cost for the service. Convenience over quality. And that's now €8.99 paid tonight for the basic service for them - 720p only.

what did you get for 3eur? the max package or the basic one?

• Advertisement

how much did it cost and for which package please.

Now I've 2500 Turkish Lira in my Revolut. Lol. Keep or sell 🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Mobius2021

€9.99 for the 4k package

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

My lira payment was refunded automatically by netflix in the last few minutes

Forget that.it might have been me paying today in lira. Refunded 20 e

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭user060916

Got cancelled, tbf I only really value Netflix at around €10 for the top plan anyway so just going to leave it a month or two and see if I miss it.

No wonder everyone is moiving to dodgy boxes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,684 ✭✭✭This is it

Got sorted via India

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mrrandom123

Actually I don't think you don't get the ads. But no 4k and more importantly only 1 device

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,633 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

4400nk is the max package in Nigeria which is €2.73

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement

Seen the same stats on a couple of websites re netflix prices, that Ireland is the 4th most expensive country in the world for Netflix subscription. Nuts money here. It's not within an asses roar of being even nearly worth it.

https://www.comparitech.com/blog/vpn-privacy/countries-netflix-cost/

Advertisement