Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My dog, my garden and neighbours cat

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,743 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Piehead wrote: »
    Why are you lying? Just go back a page or two and you will see a link

Apt username is apt

And as has been said to you, the regulations do not mention dangerous dogs, it’s only the website in cork that inaccurately states that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Why are you lying? Just go back a page or two and you will see a link

Apt username is apt

Piehead. Take great care not to post in this disrespectful style again. It is a requirement in this forum that if you disagree with others, you must be respectful towards them.
    Thanks.
    DBB

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Piehead

And as has been said to you, the regulations do not mention dangerous dogs, it’s only the website in cork that inaccurately states that.

It’s the city council website.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Oh God such drama - fighting like cats & dogs!

OP - is the cat still at it??
    Is it dead yet?
    Have your neighbours cooped on to their cat care and border protection responsibilities yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Oh God such drama - fighting like cats & dogs!

OP - is the cat still at it??
    Is it dead yet?
    Have your neighbours cooped on to their cat care and border protection responsibilities yet?

Not much drama this week, they chased it out once I know of and didn't get close like they did the week before. Haven't seen the cat come as close to the house as before, it's always close to escape route.
    None of the cat owners here keep them in, I don't know if it's possible to even keep a cat to your own property is it? It actually doesn't bother me with the cats that have cop on roaming, it's this one that has no cop on. Of course the one hit by car should be a lesson to them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

It’s the city council website.

Looks like something written by Alan Tobin.
    Plenty of elected councillors spout nonsense and ill informed opinions. Seems like one is on the Cork Council.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

Having a very similar issue in mu estates WhatsApp group. A owner of about 3 Cats is complaining about dogs, who live in the same row barking. Now we have a big wall that runs at the back of our gardens, her cats spend their days running along the walls. Driving the dogs mad. It's getting to the stage where dog owners cannot let their dogs out.

Surely cat owners should have the same responsibility as other pet owners to keep their animals under control and neusience free

Is there anything that can be sprayed on walls that repells cats ? I'm starting to worry that the cats will be poisoned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭Rosahane

piplip87 wrote: »
    Having a very similar issue in mu estates WhatsApp group. A owner of about 3 Cats is complaining about dogs, who live in the same row barking. Now we have a big wall that runs at the back of our gardens, her cats spend their days running along the walls. Driving the dogs mad. It's getting to the stage where dog owners cannot let their dogs out.

Surely cat owners should have the same responsibility as other pet owners to keep their animals under control and neusience free

Is there anything that can be sprayed on walls that repells cats ? I'm starting to worry that the cats will be poisoned.

Get a bit tub of cheap grease in a motor factors or agricultural co-op and smear it along some of the top of the wall. Thet will stop the cat walking on the wall!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭Rosahane

As OP requested. This is the legislation which will be relevant to your issue in the worst case scenario:

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2013/act/15/enacted/en/print#sec11

Also relevant will be this:

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/1986/act/32/enacted/en/html

Under what legislation (other than animal cruelty) is a cat a "protected animal"?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Rosahane wrote: »
    Get a bit tub of cheap grease in a motor factors or agricultural co-op and smear it along some of the top of the wall. Thet will stop the cat walking on the wall!

Grease is toxic to cats as they try to clean it off themselves and then ingest it and advocating any form of cruelty to animals is not allowed in this forum.

Please don't post in this thread again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Something like these will do the job

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKPJJ58Hj0Gppn0S8j3GzhrTD3_ewXXdHP_XdyzPJvaLdSdWfRDqysQgTSVQ&usqp=CAc

Advertisement