Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seattle Seahawks Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Paleface wrote: »
    Huge win indeed! Now a Rams loss against the Bucs would be the icing on the cake.

The team have a mini bye now to recuperate before playing the Eagles on MNF.

It wasnt spectacular numbers, Wilson was solid, 2 TDs for approx 200 yards and no turnovers.
    We leaned on the run game, Hyde was very good, had multiple runs for 10 plus yards.

Defence easily game of the season for them. Kept Murray from getting any of his runs in (think he only had 15 yards). And kept him under pressure all night. Plenty of hits and a safety too.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭akenno

Massive win last night, if they lost it would have been a tough ask to get a division win. I really enjoyed the game, defence looked grand. They were able to get pressure on Murray and actually get a few sacks and hits which was nice to see. Flowers did well on Hopkins, hopefully he will get some confidence from this and will play better when hopefully Griffin is back for the Eagles game. Hopefully the defence has turned the corner and will be getting healthier over the coming weeks.

Offence did well, O Line was as good as expected with all the moving around after Pocic was ruled out. Having Hyde back made a difference. When he fumbled the toss near the end I almost had a heart attack. Rams and Cardinals run in is much tougher than ours. I'm uneasy about these next 4 games but that is the Seahawks way. At least we will have a stress free Sunday now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Glad I woke up last night now, and watched the second half. A massive win not only in terms of overall record but also the division match ups. I'm looking forward to a chill sunday too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭Paleface

Concerned about The Rams after their win last night. Expected them to lose that one which would have given us some wiggle room for the final stretch.

They haven’t managed to string more than two wins together so far this season but I wouldn’t be surprised if they go on a run now.

That was a good Sunday with the Rams and Cardinals dropping games. 49ers are getting healthy now and will be hoping for a good run of results. Luckily they are the last game on the schedule for the hawks. Just win tonight now, and then take sole control of the West.

Yep, good set of results so far this weekend.

Time to put the foot down and pull away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,428 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah big opportunity now, win tonight, with Giants, Jets, Washington in the next 3, good opportunity to get to 11-3 with Rams and 9ers the final 2.

Rams/Cards play next week too

Classic Seahawks, playing down to an opponent.

A meh performance but never looked like losing.

Scoreboard flattered the Eagles.

8-3

Giants in Seattle next Sunday

Just saw the highlights and it looked like they struggled to get going on offence at times. A few failed 4th down attempts and they kicked more field goals than I was expecting given the score line. Still a win is a win and tops off a great weekend in terms of other results.

Two home games against the NY teams up next. A loss in either of those would be a disaster frankly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Josh Gordon reinstated

What the hell Seattle?

That was one horrific offensive display. That was reminiscent of the Charlie Whitehurst led seahawks.

The offence has been gradually getting worse since the Bye week :mad:

I thought it was the fact they were banged up at running back with Carson and Hyde out at the same time. When they've come back it hasn't fixed it.

They are too reliant on Wilson throwing miracle deep balls and good defences are shutting down Metcalf or at least making sure he's rarely wide open.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Vudgie

God that was bad, even in Q4 with time running out you never felt that we even had a chance of making it interesting.

I really don't think we will do anything meaningful this season at all and we will be finished pretty early.

Couldn’t have wished for a better match up this week after what happened last Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Nice to rack up another win but you couldn't learn anything from that game.

You would actually feel sorry for the Jets they are that bad.

Easily the worst team I've seen the Seahawks play.

Huge stop on 4th down on our own 1 yard line in 3rd quarter.

TD now and the Rams are done

That was actually more comfortable than I thought it would be.

D keeping the Rams to 9 points and no TDs. Huge improvement as the seasons gone on.

Dare I say it, the stuff of champions. Defense immense theoughout and the Offense ground away against tough opponents to come through in the end. That's got to make confidence sky-high.

• Advertisement

Anybody want those picks back for Jamal Adams? Probably came up with the biggest play tonight in tackling Henderson down. That defensive stop was celebrating like a scored touchdown for me anyway!

Awesome defensive display, offence got things going in the second half

Schneider being interviewed by Detroit for the GM job :(

Not correct. The only story is that they are interested in him. He has also come out calling it "rumours". Make of that what you will.

https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1345830724348252162?s=20

Predicting a low scoring slog tonight.

I think this game is the first in a while that Seattle have no injuries on the OL and therefore should have a good chance of protecting Wilson. If that happens they should win.

Also if Goff is not fit and Wolford starts the odds must surely be in Seattle’s favour. It would be a low point in the Carroll era to be eliminated in the playoffs at home by a stand in QB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,072 ✭✭✭OU812

Only stream I could find tonight is En Vivo and the entire commentary is Hispanic and I’m very confused. Also a little buzzed, but mostly confused...

What a dreadful performance on offence. If the Rams had a fully fit QB they would be home and dry long ago!

Season fell away spectacularly on offence. Needs to be looked at over the off season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭human 19

Havent been following the seahawks in any detail , but given the WRs they have, is it mainly an O-line problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭al87987

Horrible to watch that. Penalties and play calling costing us big time. A really deflating loss.

• Advertisement

human 19 wrote: »
    Havent been following the seahawks in any detail , but given the WRs they have, is it mainly an O-line problem?

Rams have the best secondary in NFL, kept the WR'ers closed down most of the night.

I would not have expected the season to end that way after the first half of the season. Defence did everything they could last night. Akers broke off a few runs and Goff was very fortunate that Adams with only one arm wasn't able to make a play on the duck to Kupp.

As for the offence, pick any adjective for awful you want. The game against the Bills broke the offence. Schotty looked to have figured it out but once the deep shot was taken away, there was very little left. Outside of Lockett and Metcalf nobody on the offence would fear a defence. The addition of Josh Gordon would have really helped. But the NFL is making an example of him, whereas they allow Antonio Brown to catch touchdown passes from Brady without an issue.

The O Line was getting constantly beat and whats worse is beaten really quick. Any time they did have a decent pocket for Wilson he was seeing ghosts and running into pressure. At times he just has to let the ball go. I know that we are able to get those scramble plays out of him holding the ball but nice quick passes to keep the defence honest would have really helped him find his rhythm. The pick 6 was a great heads up play by Williams. Swain could have got to the block better and Metcalf could have gone to ball instead of waiting for it to get to him but how often is a back going to make that type of a play. The fact it was the only interception off that play this season tells you all you need to know.

Another off-season of soul searching for this team. Another playoff game ending in the same manner. Carroll isn't going anywhere. Maybe they make a change at OC but unlikely. No first round pick this year and question marks over a good few starters make it an interesting off-season.

human 19 wrote: »

It's better than it was. IMO the coaches bear most of the responsibility for not halting a severe slide on Offense over the second half of the season. They need structural or personel changes or it'll be the same story next season. They've gone out of the playoffs with a whimper 3 seasons in a row.

akenno wrote: »
    I would not have expected the season to end that way after the first half of the season. Defence did everything they could last night. Akers broke off a few runs and Goff was very fortunate that Adams with only one arm wasn't able to make a play on the duck to Kupp.
    The mood back at the start of the season was very much "we're overachieving". Looking back now, a 5-0 start looks like we were dominating, but in reality we were reliant on miracle plays from Wilson most games. That run runs out eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭al87987

I really think we lost the game in the 1st half. Should have sold out to stop the Akers run a little more and forced Walford/Injured Goff to beat us with their arm.

Wilson's regression in the 2nd half of the season killed us, seemed to be holding onto the ball a little longer and delaying his scrambling.

Wilson was very poor by his own standards for the latter half of the season. Uncharacteristic interceptions, over thrown passes and not getting rid of the ball when nothing is on to prevent sacks.

However last night the entire offence apart from Carson and possibly Lockett were crap. The OL was terrible in protecting Wilson even after Donald went off injured. Metcalf, Hollister and Dissly all dropped catches that they should be making. Hyde was non existent. As was Olsen who obviously wasn't fit to play.

Changes are clearly required ahead of next year.

From reading about Pete Carroll's press conference, he is not making any coaching changes. He also wants to run the ball more next year. But I don't think it's as bad as it sounds. Because they can run the ball, they just need to do it better. No point in running the ball to get 1-3 yards on early down, they have to be able to make bigger runs and then open up the passing game based off of it.

Schneider's contract was extended, and Schotty sacked. This does not displease me.

Carroll and Schottenheimer obviously rubbed each other the wrong way over the course of the season. The "philosophical differences" quote and the fact that Carroll confirmed he got involved in the offence mid way through the season are both telling.

• Advertisement

Paleface wrote: »
    Carroll and Schottenheimer obviously rubbed each other the wrong way over the course of the season. The "philosophical differences" quote and the fact that Carroll confirmed he got involved in the offence mid way through the season are both telling.

Yeah, if you said Schotty was gone immediately after the game I'd have been happy. But it appears as if Carroll simply wants to run the ball, and handcuff Wilson into not turning the ball over. Schotty should have made better adjustments but it feels like Carroll has stepped into the offense to have his say.

Expect an extension for Carson and for us to return to 2018 and run the ball all the time.

Shane Waldron, QB coach for the Rams, is going to be the new OC. I'd summarise what I've read so far as "quite positive" and looks like he could get more out of Russ.

Certainly from the looks of it, it is a step forward. Always hard to know but we can live in hope. Hopefully we won't be back here next year after a demoralizing playoff loss.

Article in The Athletic today detailing how unhappy Russ is with his lot and that his team have given the Seahawks a list of four teams he'd be willing to go it. He's had a few rows with Pete and feels he's not being listenes to. Its not that he's damanding a move but he us waving it in front of their faces. This seems to have some more validity than previous "Russ out" rumours and is worrying.

Weirdest thing was that the Bears were on the list

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

If I was the Seahawks I'd get rid of the entire coaching staff and front office rather than trading Wilson (not even getting into how the dead cap would kill them on top of it).

As a 49ers fan I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he forces his way out. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,942 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Pete Carroll is a great coach, he'll sort it all out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Weirdest thing was that the Bears were on the list

It's why I know it's just a negotiating technique, he overplayed his hand with that nonsense. But he's after getting Chicagoans all excited. There is no way the Seahawks would trade with Chicago for him, obviously, given they couldn't get an even mediocre QB in return in the trade.

But it's irrelevant because there's no way they are letting him go anyway. If they do the whole front office should be run out of town. The impression I have from the outside is that Wilson is frustrated with his role on offense, and to be honest watching the way he was used last year, he's dead right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

eagle eye wrote: »
    Pete Carroll is a great coach, he'll sort it all out.

Pete Carroll is a great coach, but that doesn't mean he can sort everything out. On balance, it's difficult to see Wilson move on, but something is definitely off. I really don't understand why he would consider leaving Seattle. They are perennial contenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

D9Male wrote: »
    Pete Carroll is a great coach, but that doesn't mean he can sort everything out. On balance, it's difficult to see Wilson move on, but something is definitely off. I really don't understand why he would consider leaving Seattle. They are perennial contenders.

I still think he'll stay but people seem to be forgetting how toxic things ended with Carroll and other star players recently.

Carroll is a good coach but I think he is overrated by many - with the quality of the players he has had for the last decade to me he has underachieved. They had the back to back Super Bowl trips, which were a great achievement, but in no other year did they even make a conference championship game. When you have a top 5 QB making the playoffs is really the floor you should be aiming for each year.

And the 2021 schedule! We're getting closer!

September 12 at Indianapolis Colts
    September 19 Tennessee Titans
    September 26 at Minnesota Vikings
    October 3 at San Francisco 49ers
    October 7 Los Angeles Rams
    October 17 at Pittsburgh Steelers
    October 25 New Orleans Saints
    October 31 Jacksonville Jaguars
    Bye
    November 14 at Green Bay Packers
    November 21 Arizona Cardinals
    November 29 at Washington Football Team