Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Seattle Seahawks Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Shedite27 wrote: »
    7 points conceded in the 3 quarters that the game was competitive. I'll take that. I especially liked Bobby Wagner WWE sack

Ya it was the best the defense has played all year. But being realistic there is still no pass rush, and the defense got torched by Mullins in the 4th. If they had gotten the 2pt conversion then it would have been a nervous end
    On a positive note though DJ Reed did a good impression of Jamaal Adams when they sent him on the blitz

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Not just Adams, but Dunlap and Harrison will join the defense soon. Add it to the offense and there's no-one I'd fear in the NFC, except maybe the Bucs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Not just Adams, but Dunlap and Harrison will join the defense soon. Add it to the offense and there's no-one I'd fear in the NFC, except maybe the Bucs.

Is Harrison going to be put onto the roster for the weekend? Still on the practice squad AFAIK

The Seahawks Nest podcast expected him but true, I don't remember him leaving the practice squad yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

That was a dreadful quarter of football. They will have to turn things around soon or its curtains!

• Advertisement

Praying for some Wilson heroics but even with that it looks like the defence is not going to get a stop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Not good. Not good at all. The defence woke up more in the second half, but Russ had a really bad day. Probably the worse I have seen him play, and I dare say it, probably the main reason we lost today. Say what you will about the defensive in the first half, they came back. But Russ threw some mind boggling interceptions.

I hope Dolphins bring it tonight, we need them more than ever now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Got lucky with the Dolphins beating the Cardinals. Might even stay 1st in the NFC.

6-2 at the half way mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭akenno

Results really went our way in the late games. Main issue with loosing the 2 games now is that our wiggle room is practically gone. 3 games into the tough 5 game stretch and we are 1-2. I'm still disgusted about that Cardinals loss. Game yesterday was a complete bust from the get go. Bills looked at the defence and just went to town on them. If Dunbar wasn't fit to play why was he? I'd rather have a fully fit player that can at least come out of his breaks fast whereas Dunbar was so far off the receivers. In the second half they brought the house on blitzes and there's only so much you can do that before teams pick up big plays like they did on the screen pass in the 4th quarter. They were right back in the game down 7 points and Adams gives away the penalty on third down, and that was all she wrote.

Wilson was really off. The 2 interceptions were bad mistakes. Running game really needs Carson back, cos teams don't fear Dallas or Homer so the play action pass are non existent.

Onto next week now against a fresh Rams team coming off a bye and hurting after the loss to the Dolphins. This is must win in terms of the Number 1 seed. Hopefully Griffin and Amadi will be back fit and Carson too. Rams will have receivers running all over the place so the defence will have to be disciplined. On offence it comes down to one man and that is Aaron Donald, have to stop him at all costs. I expect Wilson to bounce back. Ramsey will probably be on DK for the game, so I expect Lockett and Moore to step up.

A terrible decision by Russ leading to an interception, terrible call to not go for for 4th and inches, and terrible defense looking like it will cost us. We're not looking at all like a playoff team. The coaches need to turn this around now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,363 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Jalen Ramsey is very good at covering Metcalf. He’s the only player that I’ve seen take him out of the game

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Jalen Ramsey is very good at covering Metcalf. He’s the only player that I’ve seen take him out of the game

I don't know if its that or Russ or Pete just decided not to risk it.

And I may have been too harsh on the defense. Despite being terrible they obly conceded 23 points (up until now). Theres plenty of blame to go round

This loss is definitely more on Carroll and Wilson.

Paleface wrote: »
    This loss is definitely more on Carroll and Wilson.

The interception right before halftime was criminal. Looked like he could have ran it in untouched, but threw it 25 yards for an int instead.

Of the three losses so far the only one that they were comprehensively beaten in was the Bills game.

The Cardinals game was a toss up at the end and I think they would have won last night if Wilson had played like his usual self. It was as bad as I've ever see him play.

Third in the division now but the Cardinals and Rams have yet to play each other whereas we have played them both on the road.

Thursday nights game is huge now!

Thursday nights game is a big one alright.

But even with a loss, we then have

@Eagles
    Giants
    Jets
    @Washington

Its very possible to be 10-4 with the games against the Rams, 49ers to finish the season which would be a good position to be in.

Big big win

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭al87987

Good to see Dunlap making a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

That win was too important. Now, unless we make a massive screw up over the next few games (Which should be relatively easier to win that the last few....but this is the Seahawks so LOL WHAT'S THE POINT OF WINNING BY A LARGE MARGIN, HEART ATTACKS FOR ALL!!!) we are in good standing to take the division.

Great to see the defense click like they did, and for Russ to get over whatever the last two weeks were.

Huge win indeed! Now a Rams loss against the Bucs would be the icing on the cake.

The team have a mini bye now to recuperate before playing the Eagles on MNF.

• Advertisement

Paleface wrote: »
    Huge win indeed! Now a Rams loss against the Bucs would be the icing on the cake.

The team have a mini bye now to recuperate before playing the Eagles on MNF.

It wasnt spectacular numbers, Wilson was solid, 2 TDs for approx 200 yards and no turnovers.
    We leaned on the run game, Hyde was very good, had multiple runs for 10 plus yards.

Defence easily game of the season for them. Kept Murray from getting any of his runs in (think he only had 15 yards). And kept him under pressure all night. Plenty of hits and a safety too.

Massive win last night, if they lost it would have been a tough ask to get a division win. I really enjoyed the game, defence looked grand. They were able to get pressure on Murray and actually get a few sacks and hits which was nice to see. Flowers did well on Hopkins, hopefully he will get some confidence from this and will play better when hopefully Griffin is back for the Eagles game. Hopefully the defence has turned the corner and will be getting healthier over the coming weeks.

Offence did well, O Line was as good as expected with all the moving around after Pocic was ruled out. Having Hyde back made a difference. When he fumbled the toss near the end I almost had a heart attack. Rams and Cardinals run in is much tougher than ours. I'm uneasy about these next 4 games but that is the Seahawks way. At least we will have a stress free Sunday now.

Glad I woke up last night now, and watched the second half. A massive win not only in terms of overall record but also the division match ups. I'm looking forward to a chill sunday too

Concerned about The Rams after their win last night. Expected them to lose that one which would have given us some wiggle room for the final stretch.

They haven’t managed to string more than two wins together so far this season but I wouldn’t be surprised if they go on a run now.

That was a good Sunday with the Rams and Cardinals dropping games. 49ers are getting healthy now and will be hoping for a good run of results. Luckily they are the last game on the schedule for the hawks. Just win tonight now, and then take sole control of the West.

Yep, good set of results so far this weekend.

Time to put the foot down and pull away.

Yeah big opportunity now, win tonight, with Giants, Jets, Washington in the next 3, good opportunity to get to 11-3 with Rams and 9ers the final 2.

Rams/Cards play next week too

Classic Seahawks, playing down to an opponent.

A meh performance but never looked like losing.

Scoreboard flattered the Eagles.

8-3

Giants in Seattle next Sunday

Just saw the highlights and it looked like they struggled to get going on offence at times. A few failed 4th down attempts and they kicked more field goals than I was expecting given the score line. Still a win is a win and tops off a great weekend in terms of other results.

Two home games against the NY teams up next. A loss in either of those would be a disaster frankly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Josh Gordon reinstated

Advertisement