Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ALDI SUPER 6 - Now starts Thursdays UPDATED

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Hard as rocks
    I normally leave mine in a window at home, they soften/ripen enough in a few days.
    Still not as tasty as other pears, but wont grumble at the price.

Thanks - will give em a miss this time

• Registered Users Posts: 30,185 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

viv2 wrote: »
    Up to 59c for the new offers. Why dont they have them the same price. Some weeks its 29c then 39c now 59c. Still cheap but annoying that they vary the price.

Its generally to do with the deal they can get off suppliers. Thats why the price changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I believe Richard Bruton is currently drawing up legislation regarding low cost selling of fruit and veg,so no more Christmas deals at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

kneemos wrote: »
    I believe Richard Bruton is currently drawing up legislation regarding low cost selling of fruit and veg,so no more Christmas deals at least.

Nice to see he's focusing on the important matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

kneemos wrote: »
    I understand that Aldi, at least, I don't know about competitors, do not force their Irish veg suppliers to absorb the cost of the discounts - they are borne by Aldi and presumably funded by higher margin on other products or by increased overall sales by attracting customers to come in the door.

I stand to be corrected but I think Aldi is regarded by suppliers as a relatively decent company to deal with if the product meets the agreed standard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭otterj

todays?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

otterj wrote: »
    todays?
    leeks
    courgettes
    pears
    oranges
    mini veg
    carrot & parsnip tray

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

otterj wrote: »
    todays?

same as last week -
    Offers available between 21st April to 7th May 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

Mango was on special offer in Tesco last week - I bought a couple which ripened eventually but with no flavour! Rubbish....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Zw4xPvyl.jpg?1s1t08D2l.jpg?1
    fAJeIIBl.jpg?1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Tesco's is very good this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

As someone who generally isn't that impressed with most of Aldi's F&V offerings, there was really good flavour from the flat mushrooms this week!

Similarly, punnet of nectarines at 0.99c were absolutely delicious, on a par with M&S ones

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Lads does the Aldi Super 6 on meat only happen from time to time or is it a regular thing ? I make up 2kg batches of chilli every month or so and freeze it so I'm always on the lookout for offers on mince and diced beef

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Lads does the Aldi Super 6 on meat only happen from time to time or is it a regular thing ? I make up 2kg batches of chilli every month or so and freeze it so I'm always on the lookout for offers on mince and diced beef

Every 2 weeks different offers, the first 2 weeks (3 weeks ago) there was 6 items for €3 and had Mince and Diced Beef in it, the second set of offers on offer 1 week already are €4 and it's chicken breasts, whole chicken and other stuff.

Check www.aldi.ie and there is also a super 6 for meat products, check down a few pages in Bargain Alerts and you'll find it, all the info is there.

EDIT - here ya go

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057203948

Nice one, thanks for that, must keep my eyes peeled for it from now on:)

From 22 May to 4 June;

Broccoli 500g
    Courgettes 2pk
    Oranges 4pk
    Red Apples 8pk
    Pineapple each
    White Potatoes 1.5kg

All 49c per pack/each.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Great list this time around - thanks for that prodsc

Wonder what the meat super6 is this week.

Seaneh wrote: »
    Wonder what the meat super6 is this week.

Maybe try here;

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=90485235#post90485235

!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Thats an extra super six. Wonderful

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭camz09

Down to 37c in Aldi Mulhuddart today. Also, almost all fruit and veg on sale, got berries down to 11 per kilo compared to Lidl's berry sale, 12 per kg I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Am I the only one that thinks theh super six meat is kind of crap?

I was expecting it to be at least half price, but it's only like .70c off.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »

Beats full price all the same.

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »

Some of them have been good. Whole chicken for €2 the other week was a great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

€2 pack of Strawberries in Lidl are properly delicious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

VO6yHq1l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

The Aldi apples on the super 6 are pretty poor quality. For the 10c extra I'm sure the Tesco bag would be better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Gotta say, im lovin these supermarket wars :D

• Advertisement

Gotta say, im lovin these supermarket wars :D

Me too, Aldi are keeping Tesco honest on fruit and veg, not much else though...I hope Tescos market share keeps getting haemorrhaged by Aldi and Lidl, when it goes sub 20% maybe then the Irish consumer will see prices in Tesco that are on a par with their UK stores. They've been profiteering here for too long so it's nice to see their chickens coming home to roost.

Advertisement