Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭loudymacloud

A few jerseys from Ali Express, Galiber Energie Elite shorts, new Schwalbe tyres, couple of drinks bottles

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I recently ordered a pair of Galibier Pro 6 Endurance bib shorts and their VentUltra Gilet along with a couple of pairs of socks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Paddigol wrote: »

Chapeau sir! Looks lovely :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

sort of n+2 :D

ICAN p9, 150mm rear travel, Chinese carbon 29er frame, gets good reviews and is used as an open mould frame for one bike brand that i know of (evolve bikes)
    27.5erCarbonEnduroBoostFrameP9150mmTravelSkyBluePainting2.jpg?v=1589441532

Ragley Big Al 29er
    prod188240_imgset.jpg?maxheight=1200

I will be doing nothing but putting bikes together until christmas :D herself will be delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

I love the colour of the ICAN frame!

I’ve finally managed to track down a reasonably priced BlipBox for my cheap etap TT groupset. Things are rare as hens teeth!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Confirmed remote for the rest of the year, so pulled the trigger on a second cleva vacmaster air mover/ fan for the pain cave.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

Haven't cycled in a few years after no longer needing to for commuting. Got an itch to pick it up again the last few days but soon realised there was no new ones around in my size and budget. So picked up a stop gap on done deal for €200, happy out!

522485.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Deano12345 wrote: »
    I love the colour of the ICAN frame!

I’ve finally managed to track down a reasonably priced BlipBox for my cheap etap TT groupset. Things are rare as hens teeth!

i actually got mine custom painted in the same colour as this hightower:

HIGBLU.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Treating myself to a pair of Galibier Equipe bib shorts. Hopefully they will be as comfy as most people hereabouts say.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I recently ordered a pair of Galibier Pro 6 Endurance bib shorts and their VentUltra Gilet along with a couple of pairs of socks.
    My Galibier order arrived this morning.
    Two lovely touches in it - a free Liberté Multi Scarf (free is always good :)) and also a handwritten note on the copy of the invoice saying "Ride Safe Seth".
    I'm very impressed!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I've a top cap that you can attach my light/camera too. Not sure if its a good idea but it was only 5euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

My Galibier order arrived this morning.
    Two lovely touches in it - a free Liberté Multi Scarf (free is always good :)) and also a handwritten note on the copy of the invoice saying "Ride Safe Seth".
    I'm very impressed!

They're brilliant for that kind of thing. I ordered their light overshoes during the winter time, they included a free pair of the neoprene ones with a handwritten note saying they might be more effective at that time of the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭D13exile

Took the plunge and ordered new bib shorts that are the most expensive I’ve ever bought:
    1. Assos T Equipe Evo bib shorts
    2. Castelli Competizione bibs.

Up to now I’ve always bought the Galibier range but a painful rear end (that new saddles and bike fits just can’t relieve) is making me desperate to try anything up to and including paying €290 for two pairs of new bibs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

The bibs aren't the problem unless your pain is coming from skin chafing? Which you said it isn't, I think.

No amount of bibs or adapted clothing is going to alleviate an orthopedic issue on the bike unfortunately.

But they are really nice bibs and I'd love a pair of the Assos in particular :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I think shorts are very personal, and I would notice if I'm wearing different (and supposedly similar level) shorts.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

D13exile wrote: »
    Took the plunge and ordered new bib shorts that are the most expensive I’ve ever bought:
    1. Assos T Equipe Evo bib shorts
    2. Castelli Competizione bibs.

Up to now I’ve always bought the Galibier range but a painful rear end (that new saddles and bike fits just can’t relieve) is making me desperate to try anything up to and including paying €290 for two pairs of new bibs.

You need to try a new saddle not shorts.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

• Registered Users Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Topeak Joe Blow Booster tubeless pump for my first attempt at fitting tubeless tires.

Topeak Fuel Tank top tube bag to give a bit more food storage / clothing options for my first attempt at 200k at some point in Sept hopefully.

Not sure which I am dreading more

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Saddle bag, inner tubes, front and back lights, Cartridges Inflaters, water bottle & holder.

Want to get this tshirt, requested that colour but with 'VELO' instead of bike to give it that French coolness/air of sophistication.....
    link. They have very similar t-shirt with VELO but I prefer the graphic colours on the 'BIKE' one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Just ordered some Galibier 3/4 bibs from their sale. Not tried their shorts before and some of mine are on the way out

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

A new shakedry jacket as I think the XL is a bit too big for me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Waterproof phone holder from Adverts. Cheap as chips, sits centrally. If it's not great, no big deal, happy to try it before spending €30+ on one
    https://www.adverts.ie/other-bike-parts-accessories/lixada-waterproof-bike-phone-holder-case-with-handlebar-mount/20901913

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭cletus

Weepsie wrote: »

What height/weight are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,786 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Bar tape - never rewrapped my bars before, how hard can it be?
    Fingerless Mitts - time to move (slightly) upmarket from the Lidl/Aldi ones I've been wearing.

really only ordered to use my CI voucher.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

5'11, and currently about 70-71kg. It's not overly big, just flappy on sleeves. and because it's just a bit loose, the necka area might be a weak spot. I had an Idro that I mistakenly bought in medium that was just way, way too small. I bought this jacket before lockdown and I was a few kilos heavier but by the time I tried it out, of course a bit big.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Weepsie wrote: »

I’m about your height but 20kg heavier and the XL fits me perfectly. One of the best things I’ve ever bought

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Bought an MTB in the Canyon sale this morning with a 'massive' €100 off. Something to tootle around with the 6 year old on.
    The curious thing is, if you go directly to the bike it is at full price and not shipping for a month or two.
    If you follow the Sale link it is in stock (being packed already!) and €100 off

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭cletus

The seesense handlebar bag is supposedly in the post to me, having been preordered back at the start of August

*edit* it's no longer in the post, it's now on my bike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Ordered from Tredz this morning:

Ordered Processing...Est. Dispatch 22/09/20

Are they normally that slow?

Advertisement