Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Jumpers are Coming 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Got to be a chance Envoi Allen ends up in the Champion Hurdle. If he's as good as they think he is and the owner wouldn't have any fear of it. He's going chasing next year anyway so makes no difference. I wouldn't fear anything with him.

Who are you, and what have you done with Wickla?!?!!

Debuchet just won a race

I REPEAT

Debuchet just won a race!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 WicklowBravee

akelly02 wrote: »
    Is this the real wickla as roger would say

It is I. The special one is back

Who are you, and what have you done with Wickla?!?!!

I have come to the conclusion that Envoi Allen will win the Royal Bond and at Christmas and then he’ll win the Irish Champion Hurdle and Champion Hurdle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Debuchet just won a race

I REPEAT

Debuchet just won a race!!!

what a hound. fair play to them for getting it to win one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Unexcepted looks a nice one for Willie Mullins and McManus there.

Hosed in after 2 years off the track.

That Annamix is some cliff horse!!

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Lostintranslation to announce himself on the big stage on saturday, then goes on to win the king george .

I have him backed him for the GC and to complete the triple crown also but I'd kinda like him to sidestep the KG.Can't get away from the KG/GC same season stat

I have him backed him for the GC and to complete the triple crown also but I'd kinda like him to sidestep the KG.Can't get away from the KG/GC same season stat

He will have to be a kauto star class of animal to do that, and i dont think we will see the likes of him for a long long time

• Advertisement

what we think lads
    are we accepting that this is the same wickla as we all know and love!!!

I The special one is back

I’m already on fire with my predictions lol

Gypsy Island out for the season

I am absolutely gutted about this

Feck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Gypsy Island out for the season

I am absolutely gutted about this

Feck

Just sent that ffs, she was in my 10 to follow on here :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Ah bollox

So....Footpad.......now what are we thinking!?!

For a horse that was looking at the CC last year, it now seems to be looking at 3m+ this year
    When he jumps like that he is something else

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

So....Footpad.......now what are we thinking!?!

For a horse that was looking at the CC last year, it now seems to be looking at 3m+ this year
    When he jumps like that he is something else

20's with Ladbrokes for the King George Roger. Think big pal. Grease them up and ride them.

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/national-hunt/king-george-vi-chase-/winner

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    20's with Ladbrokes for the King George Roger. Think big pal. Grease them up and ride them.

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/national-hunt/king-george-vi-chase-/winner

Already on Altior for the KG lad, think he is made for the trip personally, and the flatter track

Will footpad go to kempton or stay at home ? Would be very interested to see him in KG but owners might want Jacob on BDM

Laurina is a monster BTW
    She wins whatever she goes in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Will footpad go to kempton or stay at home ? Would be very interested to see him in KG but owners might want Jacob on BDM

Laurina is a monster BTW
    She wins whatever she goes in

She didn’t win the champion hurdle

Some mares can come in season around early March so it always smart to be careful when getting stuck into them for the festival.

Laurina jumped lovely yesterday and looks to have a future over fences. She has a great engine, I would just be careful about any Cheltenham aspirations. She did underperform at last years festival, it needs to be said.

It is undesirable and unfortunate that certain stables prefer to be not as forthcoming with information about their horses to the general public on or before a race. These same stables seem to prefer keeping the punters in the dark, they prefer to have that edge and to keep that info to themselves.

I have been stating for years that it should be compulsory for trainers to declare if a mare is in foal or not prior to the race. They are not prepared to do so, which is not surprising considering the shenanigans the modern vets are up to with the best mares out there. In the same instance trainers should be forthcoming about the general health and wellbeing of a mare before a race, if she has come into season I think they should be letting punters know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

aidankkk wrote: »
    Feck i was thinking the 25/1 antepost for the CH was the same as finding money in the road, he is a certainty to place at least. (Thank feck i didnt back it yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Very poor from Thomas Darby at Kempton there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Yeah he jumps like a snooker table.. Won't be up to much as a chaser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

When looking to educate a horse that's not exactly a natural over a fence Dickie Johnson is the last thing you need.

lemush wrote: »
    When looking to educate a horse that's not exactly a natural over a fence Dickie Johnson is the last thing you need.

Can never bring myself to back a Hobbs chaser.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Any chance we'll see Sizing John this season, or is he for the knacker's yard?

Slattsy wrote: »
    Can never bring myself to back a Hobbs chaser.

Jayzis, Defi ain't too bad Slattsy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 PooPooPooPoo

Well that Dlauro was out for the run today anyway. Massive late drift before the off told all.
    I'm not saying that this was a bent performance but the horse jumps like a stag and wins as he likes at Belharbour and then puts in that dog**** run today. Doesn't look great.

Champion bumper winner entered Sunday in Fairyhouse

lemush wrote: »
    Champion bumper winner entered Sunday in Fairyhouse

Ah here , you will have to be a bit more specific than that?

https://www.irishracing.com/card?race=Fairyhouse_Sun_1st_Dec_2019_3_40&prc=088&prd=201912011540

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

Lads have they said which race is going when the mares chase comes in in 2021? I'd be thinking the bumper will go myself but haven't heard. Maybe the Kim muir is also a front runner.

BoldReason wrote: »
    Lads have they said which race is going when the mares chase comes in in 2021? I'd be thinking the bumper will go myself but haven't heard. Maybe the Kim muir is also a front runner.

I can't see them dropping any races, they can throw 1 extra race in anywhere surely?

Honeysuckle V Beni is shaping up to be some race
    Honeysuckle very tempting at the price
    Tis a better race than the fighting fifth ffs!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Honeysuckle V Beni is shaping up to be some race
    Honeysuckle very tempting at the price
    Tis a better race than the fighting fifth ffs!!

Savage field. Penhill has got some support today so probably goes too.
    AJ can't be dsicounted going for 4 in a row either.

Honeysuckle the pick though.

Savage field. Penhill has got some support today so probably goes too.
    AJ can't be dsicounted going for 4 in a row either.

Honeysuckle the pick though.

I honestly believe Beveur D'air would do well to even place in this race if entered

I honestly believe Beveur D'air would do well to even place in this race if entered

Harsh.

buvaur has a stone in hand of most of them on ratings?

I can't see them dropping any races, they can throw 1 extra race in anywhere surely?

Pretty sure they already said they would not be extending the festival last 28 races.

The Cheveley Park boys have another absolute machine.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Some roll of honour for that bumper in previous years

• Advertisement

Harsh.

buvaur has a stone in hand of most of them on ratings?

Would you be confident BD would finish ahead of Beni, Honeysuckle, Penhill and AJ around here AK?

nope i wouldnt rodge

but to say he would struggle to place is harsh .

nope i wouldnt rodge

but to say he would struggle to place is harsh .

I have never been his biggest fan, I have to admit, but the only one of those I would say I would be confident he would beat would be Penhill
    I think Honeysuckle is something special
    Beni could still be anything
    AJ at this race, would anyone be surprised if she won it.......

I have never been his biggest fan, I have to admit, but the only one of those I would say I would be confident he would beat would be Penhill
    I think Honeysuckle is something special
    Beni could still be anything
    AJ at this race, would anyone be surprised if she won it.......

itl be a great race alright.

i still thik Buvair wins the champ hurdle in march . very poor race this year

Over 2 and a half Buveur would likely be up against it alright. If they sent that lot to Newcastle though over 2 he'd be close to even money. I doubt they will race him over 2.5 again after Aintree tbh.

have any of us spelled his name right :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Any chance we'll see Sizing John this season, or is he for the knacker's yard?

In the Racing Post two weeks ago, Robbie Power was asked about who he'll pick in the Gold Cup if he's to choose between SJ and LostinTranslation. He said it would be a good headache to have, and SJ was working well at home. There was talk of him being entered in the Hattons Grace but hes not in the 5 day decs. Should be back soon though.

I really fancy Champagne Classic for the 4 miler at Cheltenham. I see he's running in the Drinmore. Hoping he doesn't win that and tempt connections to go RSA. But if he stays on into 3rd I'll be happy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

The Hennessy on Saturday looks a poor race i’m even looking at Daklondike at 40/1 as an ew interest, has fine course record and does go the race having checked Pipe’s site, his price is going but if same price on the day 6 places ill back again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Slattsy wrote: »
    I really fancy Champagne Classic for the 4 miler at Cheltenham. I see he's running in the Drinmore. Hoping he doesn't win that and tempt connections to go RSA. But if he stays on into 3rd I'll be happy!!

3.4 miler now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Well that Dlauro was out for the run today anyway. Massive late drift before the off told all.
    I'm not saying that this was a bent performance but the horse jumps like a stag and wins as he likes at Belharbour and then puts in that dog**** run today. Doesn't look great.

It burst blood vessels I think

• Advertisement
Advertisement