Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

New Home wrote: »
    48 also has a 7.99 deal with 100gb data and the same deal as GoMo for calls and texts.

Sorry I meant to say 48 and not Three.... with all the mvnos these days, it's easy to get the wires crossed.
    jim

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Got this email from Gomo. Competitions this week.

Email
    We are super excited to celebrate our 1st Birthday on the 15th of October!

Since we launched as the newest mobile network provider in Ireland just 12 months ago, over 250,000 (¼ of a Million!) of you have joined GoMo and we are so happy that you are part of the GoMo Family!

To celebrate we are running amazing competitions across our Facebook & Instagram accounts from Monday 12th to Friday 16th of October. These competitions are exclusively for our customers as we only want members of the GoMo Family to win!

Prizes Include
    iPhone SE
    Samsung S20 FE
    Huawei P30 Pro
    TCL 10 Pro
    1 year FREE GoMo
    Huawei P Smart 2020
    & more...

Head over to our Facebook & Instagram pages to find out how you can be in with a chance to win!

As you already know, with GoMo you get...

All Calls. All Texts. All Data.
    99% 4G coverage
    A price for life!
    In our first year we’re thrilled to have won Best Billpay Mobile Phone plan at the bonkers.ie National Consumer Awards 2020 and Best SIM-Only Mobile Phone Plan at the Switcher.ie Mobile Awards 2020 so you have the reassurance of being on an award winning network.

Join The Movement

Thanks so much,

GoMo

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭maniac2003

Anyone having an issue with voicmail? Im just getting sikence when i dial it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kat1170

maniac2003 wrote: »

No, seems to be working okay.

Used it today. No problems.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I haven't used it recently, but the last time it did that to me, pressing # a couple of times made the automatic prompt say "Incorrect options, try again".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭baldbear

I can't call international numbers . Only copped today. I wonder is this my phone or Gomo..clueless here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭DopeTech

baldbear wrote: »
    I can't call international numbers . Only copped today. I wonder is this my phone or Gomo..clueless here

Are you putting the country code on front of the number and dropping the 0 e.g+442890848411

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

All new customers have international call baring active you can see this on your my GoMo account , you need to contact gomo via live chat on website or email and ask for the international call bar to be removed.

CVB

Check Bar Mobile Services in the Account Details section of your GoMo account. There is an Allow International Calls option there. Also if you have made other international calls (or other out of bundle calls) this month, just beware that once you reach €30 charges, no further charged (out of bundle) calls are allowed until the following month.

Jim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭baldbear

DopeTech wrote: »
    Are you putting the country code on front of the number and dropping the 0 e.g+442890848411

Yes. I checked this. Call says I'm calling a number in let's say Glasgow and goes straight to ended. No dial tone.
    My Gomo account says international calls aren't barred. Previous to Gomo with Eir I called home from the UK with no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

Yes. I checked this. Call says I'm calling a number in let's say Glasgow and goes straight to ended. No dial tone.
    My Gomo account says international calls aren't barred. Previous to Gomo with Eir I called home from the UK with no problems.

Better NOT to use GO MO for international calls. Too expensive. Tesco Mobile quite good value for international. Also try certain Apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

Is the internet speed on gomo usable now if you go over the 120gb limit per month?

When it was 80gb you could not even load a website within about 30 seconds so basically useless but has anyone exceeded the limit lately and has first hand experience?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I've never had any problem with the speed, I'd say it was more linked to the strength of the signal from "your" mast than the capping of the data.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭higster

I’ve trawled though posts but didn’t see it mentioned anywhere. When I lose power/power off phone it looks for sim pin code every time. This normal/is there a way to turn this off?

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭timetogo1

higster wrote: »
    I’ve trawled though posts but didn’t see it mentioned anywhere. When I lose power/power off phone it looks for sim pin code every time. This normal/is there a way to turn this off?

Thatz not a GOMO setting its a phone setting. If you're in android search for sim card lock. Better to just change the pin to something you can remember easily and leave it enabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭pg17

Does anybody know if there is a maximum time limit on national or roaming calls included in the GoMo inclusive bundle ?

I ask ecause eir has a limit of 60 minutes for calls included in their landline bundles.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

pg17 wrote: »
    Does anybody know if there is a maximum time limit on national or roaming calls included in the GoMo inclusive bundle ?

I ask ecause eir has a limit of 60 minutes for calls included in their landline bundles.

I had a call to one company last month, the call duration was 1 hour 54 mins and my bill was the normal €9.99 yesterday, so it seems there is no limit. It was an 01 number.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

pg17 wrote: »

I had two hour plus calls to Sky last month (most of it on hold) and there was no additional charge outside the normal €9.99 flat monthly fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Revolut Rewards are giving 1 month GoMo free.

• Advertisement

Revolut Rewards are giving 1 month GoMo free.

Only available for for new customers signing up to GoMo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Only available for for new customers signing up to GoMo

Bummer :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

madmoe wrote: »
    Bummer :-(

You can easily get a free €20. Go Mo are fantastic. So glad I left Tesco such trouble collecting clubcard points for free tesco calls with clubcard boost. Now it's just taken from my card by go mo. No top up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    You can easily get a free €20. Go Mo are fantastic. So glad I left Tesco such trouble collecting clubcard points for free tesco calls with clubcard boost. Now it's just taken from my card by go mo. No top up.

I love GoMo, very happy with them, joined right at the start last year :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

€9.99 debited today, but never received the emailed bill.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

BowWow wrote: »
    €9.99 debited today, but never received the emailed bill.

Blocked by your email provider?

I presumed you checked junk folders etc already?
    You can login and download the PDF of the bill in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

Davy wrote: »
    Blocked by your email provider?

I presumed you checked junk folders etc already?
    You can login and download the PDF of the bill in any case.

Thanks, not blocked, never an issue before. It's only the standard €9.99.
    Just wanted to make people aware that there could be a debit they were not expecting...

BowWow wrote: »
    Thanks, not blocked, never an issue before. It's only the standard €9.99.
    Just wanted to make people aware that there could be a debit they were not expecting...

The bill is normally issued on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd of the month

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Anyone having trouble making calls on GoMo?

Girlfriend can't call her dad (who's on Tesco mobile). It just says network busy and the dialler beeps a few times.

Same with her mom who's also on GoMo.

• Advertisement

funnydoggy wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble making calls on GoMo?

Girlfriend can't call her dad (who's on Tesco mobile). It just says network busy and the dialler beeps a few times.

Same with her mom who's also on GoMo.

I also posted similar about gomo to 48 network calls

Advertisement