Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Jumbotron

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I have to drill out all the locks so can't see yet. Monitor has the mirror setup so meant to be a bitch to get at. So far the guns aren't working and monitor has garbled image. Game is playing fine though.

The pinball is working really well. Only tested it for a second but just a few lights out and a flipper not working. I imagine there's a ton of switches and small jobs to do on it.

Naomi powers on but says there's a board error. Looks to be a repair job using duct tape in the compartment so need to look into that more

Overall, nothing dead so that's amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭Doge

I have to drill out all the locks so can't see yet. Monitor has the mirror setup so meant to be a bitch to get at. So far the guns aren't working and monitor has garbled image. Game is playing fine though.

The pinball is working really well. Only tested it for a second but just a few lights out and a flipper not working. I imagine there's a ton of switches and small jobs to do on it.

Naomi powers on but says there's a board error. Looks to be a repair job using duct tape in the compartment so need to look into that more

Overall, nothing dead so that's amazing!

Gentlemen, we can rebuild him, we have the technology...

492743.jpeg

For the I/O error just pick up another board and swap it in, yanton has a load up at the moment iirc.. try cleaning the other one first if you can’t spot any burn marks on it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Well done on keeping it quiet, those UKVAC lads were vulturing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

For the I/O error just pick up another board and swap it in, yanton has a load up at the moment iirc.. try cleaning the other one first if you can’t spot any burn marks on it

I'd say it needs a bit of work. After finding some gems inside it.

Boards taped inside blue rags. Ill start a thread over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Serious haul guys, well done on saving it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Only ever played Fatal Fury 2 in the wild in Ireland, never saw this one anywhere, classic though...

2A2oW80.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭BGOllie

Two of the 3 Naomis I got from the recent raid - the 3rd one is yet to be identified and collected :) but it's another driver one .
    Monitor wasn't starting but was caked in layers of dust. A good clean with a hose and some washing up liquid cleaned it up and it fired up right away (well after some drying ) :)

72636928_10157669665428276_608965051914649600_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQmi4crZ9AiyVRijEtibwAq2jj8Ow0kxwHNqOYCrcjg_7aVdjvAeu3pkTd9rfJePm6s&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=2da4ec3290568510adb0c197185c174c&oe=5E2C12A3

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Where do you find the space for all of this?? Amazing haul!

Part of me wishes that was 18 wheeler, Indian elephant edition.

Driving an elephant at high speed through the streets of Mumbai.

Edit - Indian, Indian!

• Advertisement

same cab as a crazy taxi or 18 wheeler really. can be converted to anything( just need to swap some control inputs i think) .
    I'll see what the other one is, but I'll prob use one of them to run an outrun 2 setup on it then

Ollie,
    The naomi drivers use different wheels unfortunately.
    I'm not sure of the details but some use a 360 degree wheel and others 270deg or something like that.
    So the the left to right lock is different basically.
    Id say you csm still play them but they might not play well.

Im doing the floor in my new arcade over the weekend. Well starting it anyway.
    After that it's a rewire and then I'm going to get cracking on the 18 wheeler.

yeah. 18 wheeler has a full 360 wheel . crazy taxi and jambo safari should be the same. You can still play it though, just need some fine tuning on the wheel . there's a video of a guy "converting" his crazy taxi to run a few game like jambo and 18 wheelers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭geotrig

Ollie,
    The naomi drivers use different wheels unfortunately.
    I'm not sure of the details but some use a 360 degree wheel and others 270deg or something like that.
    So the the left to right lock is different basically.
    Id say you csm still play them but they might not play well.

Im doing the floor in my new arcade over the weekend. Well starting it anyway.
    After that it's a rewire and then I'm going to get cracking on the 18 wheeler.

That's right ,there isn't a huge difference and most are playable with either wheel TBH, test outrun 2 in Id cabs to see what it's like , some people hate it but it's not terrible and I didn't think it was drastically different. I've never used an or2 setup on ID though. Which I believe can be a bit different. 18 wheeler though I don't ever remember being able steer properly because the ratios were definitely way different. Crazy taxi is a bit loose but OK... This is on mostly about sit downs so conversions were easy by throwing in a model 2 dash.

https://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16562

Bit of discussion on it ages ago now there

That's what I like to hear!!!

Master of the Universe

First of two new bits I picked up yesterday, a new multi scart adapter. Really high quality too.

Had to disassemble everything to put it in (Here it was right before it got totally mental.) - It's the silver box behind the small PVM, should have gotten a better photo!

IMG-20191017-210830099.jpg
    image upload

After this there was about 40 foot of BNC cabling strewn across the room, LMD LCD monitor which is linked in had to come out too, piles of scart cables dangling about.

There was a moment where, I sat on the floor, amid what felt like kilometres of cabling thinking 'oh god, what have I done'.

All good now though. Have a 5 switch bandridge hooked into one of the ports on it, so all of my main consoles (I think there are 9 or 10) in the sitting room are finally connected up and can be displayed on any of three monitors with the press of a button.

Now I just have to figure out how to work the new Ikegami in (!)

had completely forgot about that scart switcher. only found it when I took the monitors out of storage. cool to know it's all working

Master of the Universe

Cheers for sending that along, it really is a lovely well made thing. Best switcher I've seen so far.

Proper isolation between the scart inputs too so you don't get that cross talk I keep seeing with other switchers.

Few new arrivals...

ieaqqY9.jpg

KOF98 needs no introduction, one of the systems best. The Soccer games I dont know at all (threw them in as they were cheap and didn't effect shipping) Neo Geo Cup 98 seems to be an update of the Super Sidekicks games.

Neo geo cup 98 is a stone cold classic!!
    It's a 2 player gold mine. Filtly tackles, super psych outs and hacking the legs off the ref!!

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    First of two new bits I picked up yesterday, a new multi scart adapter. Really high quality too.

Had to disassemble everything to put it in (Here it was right before it got totally mental.) - It's the silver box behind the small PVM, should have gotten a better photo!

IMG-20191017-210830099.jpg
    image upload

After this there was about 40 foot of BNC cabling strewn across the room, LMD LCD monitor which is linked in had to come out too, piles of scart cables dangling about.

There was a moment where, I sat on the floor, amid what felt like kilometres of cabling thinking 'oh god, what have I done'.

All good now though. Have a 5 switch bandridge hooked into one of the ports on it, so all of my main consoles (I think there are 9 or 10) in the sitting room are finally connected up and can be displayed on any of three monitors with the press of a button.

Now I just have to figure out how to work the new Ikegami in (!)

Lol, I have my mega drive and super Famicom currently on top of my BVM also due to lack of space, except mine is only the 14"er!

Would love the girth of yours! :pac:

Here's the older pic:

493276.jpg

Master of the Universe

Can't beat a bit of CRT girth! :pac:

The 8bitdo controllers are great as it means you can put consoles on top of monitors without having cables trailing down in front of the screen.

Plus you can just leave a controller in front of each console like in my pic without being wrapped in cables.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm now the proud owner of a Sanyo branded MSX, thanks to Monsieur Banjoguy!
    I haven't tried it out yet!

now. don't you sell it in 3 weeks and buy it back a year later

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

BGOllie wrote: »
    now. don't you sell it in 3 weeks and buy it back a year later

I make... no promises

o1s1n wrote: »
    Can't beat a bit of CRT girth! :pac:

The 8bitdo controllers are great as it means you can put consoles on top of monitors without having cables trailing down in front of the screen.

Plus you can just leave a controller in front of each console like in my pic without being wrapped in cables.

Never even occurred to me that I could use them! :eek:

Thanks so much man, im going to invest in them!

Fatal Fury 3

vfXEmLP.jpg

Speaking of all things neo geo, I’ve picked up a few nice carts lately and the guy threw in these as a gift .. very cool plastic standees from neo-geo land pop up shop in akiba

267-E2726-3-D86-4101-8-A7-E-21-FD408-B900-D.jpg

If its the same guy I'm thinking of, he is a gent and spoke fondly of of you mozie. I ordered a few carts from him too

• Advertisement

Not him but another guy, John is a sound guy though and got some nice carts from him lately too, arrived very well packed and fast, he had a great collection of stuff, nothing comes up for ages and then two collections in a week, typical

If its the same guy I'm thinking of, he is a gent and spoke fondly of of you mozie. I ordered a few carts from him too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement