Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Options

Comments

Picked this up a few weeks back but hadn't had the time to assemble it.
    Was sold as seen,untested .

WsZQymB.jpg

Initially the monitor wouldn't work but it eventually started working (so I'll call that a fix).
    I think the naomi mobo isnt outputting correctly so needs attention.
    The brake pedal was just flopping around but that was an easy fix.Just needed a bolt replaced and a spot weld.
    I had hosed everything down and scrubbed it outside as it was MANKY.
    But when I removed the cover for the pedals it was full of horrible ****,
    Sick looking spiders and a good few maggots crawling around :eek:

I need to check the garage but I think the front door is missing,also the leaning post.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Not exactly retro but retro themed (!)

Ordered this in January, finally arrived. Was delayed for an age as they wanted to include the extra DLC.

IMG-20191030-223207034.jpg

Minor annoyance but... argh that'll annoy me on a shelf. Seems US Switch games left justify their game title on the spine!

IMG-20191030-223310955.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,961 ✭✭✭Doge

The fetish for tapes is strong with me lately!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭BGOllie

last machine of the recent arcade raid has now been collected. this one is going to another boards member :)
    a total of 8 machines were pulled out of there and some spare parts. Either myself or beejee will do a separate post on the raid itself soon

75521996_10157720751048276_7635763639613390848_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_oc=AQlEbZcqH62JcgzjmgKlklgCj9RrmJEomWiNFokfI8_D3IpAOeT875WQOEUXPoBrOn0&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=a9e7fbadd7f55affe8eed81f713b80bb&oe=5E4BD761

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

BGOllie wrote: »
    last machine of the recent arcade raid has now been collected. this one is going to another boards member :)
    a total of 8 machines were pulled out of there and some spare parts. Either myself or beejee will do a separate post on the raid itself soon

75521996_10157720751048276_7635763639613390848_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_oc=AQlEbZcqH62JcgzjmgKlklgCj9RrmJEomWiNFokfI8_D3IpAOeT875WQOEUXPoBrOn0&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=a9e7fbadd7f55affe8eed81f713b80bb&oe=5E4BD761

very tidy and it's going to a very equiped board who will do a fine job on it. it looks well and better than that Arcade 1up SWs cab 😀 congrads guys

Nearly 2020 and still getting raids in our little island, fantastic

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Not precisely new but certainly things I never thought would be more than ornamental.

Last Bandit repaired and returned a pair of retro items, my Colecovision and MegaCD.

Just fantastic!

The Coleco works a treat, in spite of its own idiosyncratic innards.
    The carts all look great.
    The controllers are still sh1te.
    And the half forgotten Atari 2600 add-on will be getting a test as soon as I can. (Let's the Coleco play the entire 2600 catalogue of games, rather cheeky!)

The MegaCD looks lovely tucked away beneath the MD, except now it works, and is region free!
    Looking forward to giving a few games a whirl, not sure where to start, I've a couple there to start me off, oncliy Sonic CD, Earthworm Jim and a few more.

Anywho,
    Happy 2nd of November to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

What's a working Star Wars Trilogy worth? That would be savage to have. Didn't Token have tons of trouble sending theirs back and forth to the US for repairs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

DaveyDave wrote: »
    What's a working Star Wars Trilogy worth? That would be savage to have. Didn't Token have tons of trouble sending theirs back and forth to the US for repairs?

Hard to say these days about anything. I do love the lightsaber fights in the game with the force feedback

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,864 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I never got to play that game in the arcade but heard good things. Never got a port either. Pretty sure it's Model 3.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I never liked the previous one, in the arcades and on the 32X.
    Just give me a Tie Fighter port on the Switch/PSVR dammit!

• Advertisement

Just took delivery of a new naomi MOBO from Mozie,
    Hopefully get 18 wheerler up and running this evening.
    I need to do some soldering on the loom for the pedal box first.

Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I never got to play that game in the arcade but heard good things. Never got a port either. Pretty sure it's Model 3.

They've a fully working one in Token now if you're ever over this way. Was playing it the last time I was in there.

Very happy to add this to the collection, best fun you can have with maths :)

D6-EB9-EEF-736-A-4030-A97-C-046-B1-BCB0-C0-A.jpg
    90-C1-B7-D1-E308-4-B43-8015-EA9-DAE1-CD877.jpg

Very nice :)

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I never liked the previous one, in the arcades and on the 32X.
    Just give me a Tie Fighter port on the Switch/PSVR dammit!

Now that's a rare bird, the original arcade cabinet. Quite liked it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭geotrig

Very happy to add this to the collection, best fun you can have with maths :)

Very nice,been on the want list for years too have never managed to pick this up to this day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

My last delivery for now from the recent MVS blitz on UKVAC, a few cheap carts. The cream of the crop for me on this delivery is World Heroes. I remember seeing it in Bray and thinking, holy sh1t, another game like Street Fighter, its a really hard feeling to describe, it was so mysterious looking. I have some magic memories of going to Bray. The green Jap cart is KOF99 which I have never played, it was the beginning of the "tag" game-play element in the series which some people don't seem to fond of. The original Art of Fighting apparently has much more manageable AI than AOF2, I find Art of Fighting 2 extremely difficult so perhaps this one will strengthen me up a bit. Im not really into golf games but I grabbed Top players golf because it was cheap, I was thinking of getting Neo Turf Masters very soon but the price seems to vary. I'm not into Baseball games at all but there seems to be a fair amount of love for Baseball Stars so I think this will be the first game I fire up tonight.

1wROWG1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Got another Sony Playstation 1 Debug Console - this time a DTL-H1102.
    It has had a hard life, I've tidied it up a little bit and doesn't have any issues reading discs which is nice. It's the external PSU model. I think this will be the last I'd get, no interest in a Yaroze unless it was very cheap :D
    494913.jpg
    Sits well beside the other :)

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭paul79

6sN2Y9S
    20190821-155844-2.jpg

New arrival a really good slasher/beatem’up looking forward to playing it .

• Advertisement

Cool! Very unusual hardware

Yes it is and There is only very few games on the system, it’s very small probably the smallest piece of arcade hardware I have .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

paul79 wrote: »
    Yes it is and There is only very few games on the system, it’s very small probably the smallest piece of arcade hardware I have .
    I had never heard of that system before, nice;
    https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Brezzasoft_Crystal_System
    I like the battery mod :)

Master of the Universe

Oooh nice! I've been meaning to get one of them for years and years.

It used to be quite affordable to pick up a mobo and Crystal of Kings but th last time I checked it had shot up in value if I remember correctly.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Oooh nice! I've been meaning to get one of them for years and years.

It used to be quite affordable to pick up a mobo and Crystal of Kings but th last time I checked it had shot up in value if I remember correctly.

It’s increased in price in recent years definitely, I haven’t seen many for sale in the last year or so , but in the few years I’ve been collecting prices are skyrocketing I’m glad I started when I did , I don’t think I’d be able to afford stuff at the moment .

Master of the Universe

paul79 wrote: »
    It’s increased in price in recent years definitely, I haven’t seen many for sale in the last year or so , but in the few years I’ve been collecting prices are skyrocketing I’m glad I started when I did , I don’t think I’d be able to afford stuff at the moment .

Ah man don't get me started! My collection has more or less been in stasus for the last 6-7 years. The bulk of what I bought was over the decade previous to that. There's no way I could afford what I have if I'd to rebuy everything now. So I just don't really buy anything old anymore.

Even silly little things like my NGP stuff. I went through a phase in 2008/9 buying Neo Geo Pocket games on a whim. Have about 30 games or so. They're so inconsequential I never even really think about them. Metal Slug 2 alone sells for over 100 quid.

I recently totalled the PCB value in my Jaleco Pony and with the cabinet included it comes to approx 5000. It's absolutely ridiculous.

I honestly just want to play games and have a few talking pieces. It was never meant to be an investment.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Ah man don't get me started! My collection has more or less been in stasus for the last 6-7 years. The bulk of what I bought was over the decade previous to that. There's no way I could afford what I have if I'd to rebuy everything now. So I just don't really buy anything old anymore.

Even silly little things like my NGP stuff. I went through a phase in 2008/9 buying Neo Geo Pocket games on a whim. Have about 30 games or so. They're so inconsequential I never even really think about them. Metal Slug 2 alone sells for over 100 quid.

I recently totalled the PCB value in my Jaleco Pony and with the cabinet included it comes to approx 5000. It's absolutely ridiculous.

I honestly just want to play games and have a few talking pieces. It was never meant to be an investment.

Totally agree, I’ve got all the games I want to play except one finding the time to play them is the hard part now , but there is no way I could afford them now the way things are gone ,Even stuff I don’t play that much I’ve considered letting go but I always decide against it because if I want it again I won’t be able to find or afford it again , Lots of stuff that was regularly for sale is being hoarded by people I presume who feel the same .

hCATY8L

Might as well be faberge eggs :p I was having a look at some dudes arcade collectionyesterday, estimated value of 800,000 euro thereabouts.

Gotta score another pcb hit

Speaking of which was watching a few neogeo games and had a few bids placed in particular was looking for super dodgeball as it’s been on the wants list for a while, missed one on ao for 150 a month ago.. eBay one finished at 480!! That’s completely insane, no idea who is paying these prices.. but the odd bargain is still to be found picked up an original magician lord relatively cheap recently

74-FC030-E-DDC3-4-F3-E-9-F98-B87-B4967-CC28.jpg

Also picked an nv ram memory module which is excellent and highly recommended, really great to be able to save progress in the titles that support it and alongside the Unibios set to console mode it’s great.

• Advertisement

Beejee do you have a link to that collection?

Mozie great taste super dodge ball is a brilliant game I love it ,The Neo Geo in general is brilliant I must pick up a single slot board , but I do play my Aes a good bit , Magician lord is good but a hard game I haven’t put a lot of time into it , There is still a few Mvs carts at reasonable prices but they are creeping up in price as well .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement