Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I've SWITCHed! - General discussion - WARNING IN POST 1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Anyone else get connection problems trying to connect to online races in Fast RMX? I get a race maybe every 10 attempts. All other attempts give me an error.

My Nat type is B after doing the connection test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭geotrig

VinLieger wrote: »
    Gonna test this later and just keep the thing on airplane mode docked and undocked to see what happens

I think airplane mode goes when its docked !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Nintendo stuff is always dirt with wifi. I'd awful problems with my 3ds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Also Switcherland was a missed opportunity. Neutral in the console wars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Anyone ? Class ? Anyone ?

Yes. I found the isometric angle awful. It's like the hit box is off and counts your head as being in a blast when you're in front of it.

It's a lot better in multiplayer though as the camera shifts up a bit, but it's still silly not to have a proper top down view. The original Bomberman games were perfect in this regard, no need to arse around with the viewing angle.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,852 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well I'm finding the Switch way worse than the 3DS. The 3DS is kind of slow for me but it connects, the Switch just won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Nollog

VinLieger wrote: »
    So charging and playing with a battery pack that outputs 2.4A seems to work for anyone who was looking into them

I have a vinsic (aliexpress) battery pack. 30% of it got my switch 50% (50 to 100/full)
    While playing puyotetris demo with gf on a bus.

I haven't had any WiFi or disconnect problems yet. I've not used the dock at all yet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Well I'm finding the Switch way worse than the 3DS. The 3DS is kind of slow for me but it connects, the Switch just won't.

Mine is sitting about 2ft away from wifi homeplug when docked and it hits 1 or 2 bars at best while docked...

I take it out of dock in same spot and the odd time it pumps up to 3 bars...

I'm holding out for a FW update to sort out the worst of it, if it doesn't I will probably end up returning it...

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

I really hope it's fixed before Mario Kart comes out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Just noticed.

Half a decade and the 'I have a Wii U thread' hasn't needed to be closed while the original Switch thread has already hit 10,000 posts and been closed. Is this a good sign?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The Wii U pre-release thread had only reached 2,493 posts coming up to its launch and shortly afterwards, as opposed to the Switch one which reached almost 10,000. Either we're way more chatty about it, or more people were interested in discussing it. Either way, it's more indicative of greater interest than with the Wii U.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,852 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There were a lot more trolls hoping to see the Switch die as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Danick

I am so thrilled that the Switch is thriving - I am not a Nintendo fanboy but I believe that many of us in our 30s have the means to own and play all 3 consoles so it is great to have such a variety of gaming - Gears and Forza on Xbox - PSVR and loads of mainstream games on PS4 and then the Switch offers us something completely different again.

I guess Nintendo tap in to the fact that all the little boys and girls that played their consoles back in the day still want to play - hence most of the adverts contain adults playing the Switch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I just got the email that Binding of Isaac been shipped from Canada, can't wait, hopefully have it next week, and not nobbled with duty charges!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

I'm really enjoying it in general and LoZ is amazing but I kind of like turning off my tech and it is annoying that if you dock it/plug it in when it is turned completely off it goes into sleep mode/turns on (or is there a setting I'm missing).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Irish Halo wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying it in general and LoZ is amazing but I kind of like turning off my tech and it is annoying that if you dock it/plug it in when it is turned completely off it goes into sleep mode/turns on (or is there a setting I'm missing).
    Could it be something to do with the setting mentioned in this article? : http://m.imore.com/how-stop-your-nintendo-switch-taking-over-your-television

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,137 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

SEGA have just Tweeted a tease for Project Sonic 2017 at SXSW Gaming. The event takes place in a couple of days.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A new Sonic title...
    Sonic Mania might be great but I'd stay off of the Sonic cycle of i were you.

DinoRex wrote: »
    Just noticed.

Half a decade and the 'I have a Wii U thread' hasn't needed to be closed while the original Switch thread has already hit 10,000 posts and been closed. Is this a good sign?
    Star Lord wrote: »
    The Wii U pre-release thread had only reached 2,493 posts coming up to its launch and shortly afterwards, as opposed to the Switch one which reached almost 10,000. Either we're way more chatty about it, or more people were interested in discussing it. Either way, it's more indicative of greater interest than with the Wii U.

I will say that the Switch thread was full of wild speculation. Up until less than 5 months ago we had no idea what the Switch looked like. The real presentation was 2 months ago and it was by far the latest that Nintendo had left it before revealing information about new hardware. And even now there's still a load of information about the Switch that's still unknown. I can see why they left everything so late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    A new Sonic title...
    Sonic Mania might be great but I'd stay off of the Sonic cycle of i were you.

Hey now, Colours and Generations were fantastic!

I add, as I quietly ignore Heroes, Adventure 1 and 2, Unleashed, '06, Black Knight, Secret Rings, Sonic 4, Lost World (THEY WERE GETTING IT SO RIGHT) and those Boom monstrosities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,536 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

New ad. They're definitely pushing it harder than the Wii U.

South Park are teasing something Nintendo related. If I was to guess I'd say that a port of Ubisoft's The Stick of Truth is coming to Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I just got the email that Binding of Isaac been shipped from Canada, can't wait, hopefully have it next week, and not nobbled with duty charges!

If you got it from VGP you should not have any customs issues, been using them for years with no problems along with a lot of other users, they just say it is a cheap toy on the package, usually takes between 10-12 days to arrive unless you go the UPS/DHL way and then takes about 3 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,300 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

sligeach wrote: »

South Park are teasing something Nintendo related. If I was to guess I'd say that a port of Ubisoft's The Stick of Truth is coming to Switch.

Or the Fractured But Whole

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Ohhhhhhh wuuuuuuttttttt

Double pack would make me so happy. Never got around to TSOT despite buying it once and getting a loan of a friend twice. Something else kept getting played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah, at this stage, I'd hope it's The Fractured But Whole rather than Stick of Truth

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Star Lord wrote: »
    Yeah, at this stage, I'd hope it's The Fractured But Whole rather than Stick of Truth

Isn't that delayed again? Coming out sometime before April 2018 or something. They'd be a great addition though, from what I remember of Stick of Truth it was pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Had it pre ordered on a site but problem with credit card led to order been canceled and couldn't re order it but bought a copy on ebay

• Advertisement

The Splatoon 2 Global Testfire is available to download in Japan now. Could be later today for EU and US.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/03/you_can_now_download_the_splatoon_2_global_testfire_on_your_switch_but_theres_a_catch

It won't do anything until the 24th and will take up 408mb of space.

There are some gorgeous dock socks for sale on Etsy at the moment. Should protect against screen scratches while docking.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/03/protect_your_nintendo_switchs_screen_with_these_fetching_dock_covers

More on the link above, but these are my favourites...

uE2p8oV.jpg

r467s2u.jpg

nJVC2iW.jpg

1NcNz1a.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

They are cool, but only one of them mentions Microfibre in the name - wouldn't these scratch the ****e out of your screen over time, especially since you're not as likely to be careful putting it in the dock if you think it's protected, and since the additional bulk of the pad would reduce the clearance between the dock and the screen to basically zero?

Also, would there be heat dissipation issues over the long term since these would insulate the screen (I know it's off in the dock but it's still a large surface that's no longer losing heat like it should)?

They're awesome though. Can't justify the expense yet, I'll wait for the mass produced ali express options to pop up in April/May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,300 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So seems nintendo aren't receiving enough complaints about the joy cons. They're playing down the issue as being normal number of reports for a console launch. I must send them a mail as well if that's the case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

New sales figures are really encouraging. Ballpark 1.5 million and maybe more. If true they should hit the 2 million in March goal

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-03-14-nintendo-switch-has-sold-1-5m-worldwide-superdata

They should blow through that target (assuming they can meet demand - there seems to be a definite console shortage at the moment)

• Advertisement

Yeah, still lots of reports that people in the US can't get their hands on one, we seem to have been lucky here that they've maybe oversupplied to Ireland.
    Great that the media storm about the glitches with the console doesn't seem to be holding it back so far at least

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Brought the Switch on the Luas today for the first time. Great being able to play a quick shrine on Zelda on the way to work!

I really think that if the console gets consistent game releases, then Nintendo are on to something special with this device.

Mine hasn't left the house yet. Is it really portable enough to be something you'd take with you on a daily commute, once the novelty factor wears off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Mine hasn't left the house yet. Is it really portable enough to be something you'd take with you on a daily commute, once the novelty factor wears off?

With a case i don't see why not, i already bring it in to work for a quick play at lunch everyday, still using the plastic wrap sleeve from the box as havent gotten a case im happy with yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

I usually have a backpack with me so no extra effort to bring it along but not sure I'd bring it every day regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Let me know what you think of Afterbirth+, if/when you get around to it. The community has **** on the update to a large extent, but would be interested to hear feedback from someone who isn't playing it 20 hours a day.

Imagine one day, 8-player battle in MarioKart on the train into work, would help take away the Monday morning blues :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Saw a kid playing Switch in Liffey Valley at the weekend. Neon looks weird in real life - starting to regret my decision to regret my decision to get grey :D - left joycon much oranger than I expected, looks more red-ish in pictures.

I've been taking mine into work since getting a case. Getting a quick 30 mins of shrine hunting is great. And I can tell myself I'm contributing to the community by continually testing the response to charging from a 3rd party plug under load.
    (Anker PowerPort+ 1 with QC 3.0, 12:30-1:19 with Zelda running, gained 6% charge - 34-40%. Slow n Steady!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Mine has been used on the TV once just because my kids wanted to see what i was playing. Rest of the time it's been handheld. Get most of my playing done on the train.

Overwatch on the Nintendo Switch would be‘very challenging,’ says game’s director

http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/14/14922024/is-overwatch-coming-to-the-nintendo-switch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

sligeach wrote: »
    Overwatch on the Nintendo Switch would be‘very challenging,’ says game’s director

http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/14/14922024/is-overwatch-coming-to-the-nintendo-switch

"Overwatch director Jeff Kaplan recently took questions about the game on Reddit, and a fan brought up the possibility of seeing the Nintendo on the Nintendo Switch."

Big typo there in the article. Proof read anyone.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

If the online is solid enough and the switch sells enough they will make it happen. Look at the Wii. Thing was a dog to port to and far more underpowered compared to 360/PS4 than Switch to the One/PS4 but got ports of COD black Ops and MW3. That had to be some feat.

If the potential sales and numbers are there they will make For Honor run on an Atari 2600 if they think it'll sell enough ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

WOW! Unreal how fast this is progressing!! :eek::eek:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/nintendo-switch-hacked-gamer-loads-10025101

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Nollog

madmoe wrote: »
    WOW! Unreal how fast this is progressing!! :eek::eek:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/nintendo-switch-hacked-gamer-loads-10025101

Looks like a video playing on the console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Looks like a video playing on the console.

Could definitely be.......

• Advertisement
Advertisement