Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Super Showdown (Saudi Show) - Spoilers

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Can't wait to the next Saudi show where we get Flair vs Sting one last time.

Nah we will get the once in a lifetime match of Rock vs Cena

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Ye are forgetting about Hogan lads, he has to have one final match, main event of 2020, Hogan v The Undertaker, oh what a match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

I heard Vince is pouring millions into Taker becoming an actual necromancer so that he can resurrect long dead stars from the past to wrestle against.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Goldberg looks massive

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

did see natyala on the flight with renne but thought nothing of it

https://twitter.com/WrestleVotes/status/1136277681467809793?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,340 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Really disappointed to see Balor ForEVERYone is taking the Saudi Money and not being for EVERYONE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Really disappointed to see Balor ForEVERYone is taking the Saudi Money and not being for EVERYONE!!

I'd say his artist phase is long done, what he is on the main roster (answers on a post card), is make as much money as possible phase. Same goes for Nakamura.

I can't begrudge them really. Much as I had high hopes for both when they respectively debuted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Oh yeah, Nakamura is in WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Thank fcuk for Dominion and the Impact+ event, would be some putrid weekend of wrestling if this was the only thing on offer.

Thank fcuk for Dominion and the Impact+ event, would be some putrid weekend of wrestling if this was the only thing on offer.

Well you could've watched the Ireland/Denmark game if you want an alternative form of torture :pac:

• Advertisement

Yep I hate seeing these part time over the hill guys take up tv time oh look Jericho is headlining one of those events

Is there a reason for these matches taking place in Saudi Arabia that don't take place in the States, like Taker/Goldberg?

Is there a reason for these matches taking place in Saudi Arabia that don't take place in the States, like Taker/Goldberg?

That sweet Saudi money

sky88 wrote: »
    Yep I hate seeing these part time over the hill guys take up tv time oh look Jericho is headlining one of those events

Jericho can still go.

Taker has been ****ed for at least the past decade to the point that he is embarrassing himself and Goldbergs matches are 5 minutes long.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

$50,000,000 per show. Seriously! That sweet saudi blood money

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Jericho can still go.

Taker has been ****ed for at least the past decade to the point that he is embarrassing himself and Goldbergs matches are 5 minutes long.

Agree with you on taker but I’m just not into Jericho mid life crisis dad phase at all but in his matches he’s been very clever in picking right opponents and using hardcore aspects to cover his shortcomings.

I never get what’s wrong with 5 minute matches like you need a bit of variety in wrestling he’ll Goldberg/lesnar was one of the best matches at that mania it was on

And yet I'm willing to bet Dominion and Impact+ will be more entertaining, and have actual stakes on the line going forward for both companies.

Whereas as Super Showdown, well it can be dressed any which way, but it's ultimately one big propaganda piece.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    And yet I'm willing to bet Dominion and Impact+ will be more entertaining, and have actual stakes on the line going forward for both companies.

Whereas as Super Showdown, well it can be dressed any which way, but it's ultimately one big propaganda piece.

Oh I’m not going to watch it due to the propaganda and I just don’t care about it but I just find some of stuff people criticise wwe over using old guys but the same time praise jerichos use just cause it’s not wwe

Agree with you on taker but I’m just not into Jericho mid life crisis dad phase at all but in his matches he’s been very clever in picking right opponents and using hardcore aspects to cover his shortcomings.

I never get what’s wrong with 5 minute matches like you need a bit of variety in wrestling he’ll Goldberg/lesnar was one of the best matches at that mania it was on

Jericho his changed his style which is why he can still put on a good match.

That Goldberg/Lesnar match being considered one of the best matches onb that card was more of a indictment of the state of the rest of the card than anything else.

I know about the money, but why does it have to be "As big as Mania"? Why not do a standard PPV then use the money to get those guys to fight in the States?

Also with the Mania comparison, are they making this 4 or 5 hours?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

I know about the money, but why does it have to be "As big as Mania"? Why not do a standard PPV then use the money to get those guys to fight in the States?

Also with the Mania comparison, are they making this 4 or 5 hours?

They are paying to have it in Saudi for propaganda reasons

look at our wonderful modern society, ignore all that killing and human rights violations we are always at

• Registered Users Posts: 39,511 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So it seems along with Renee who was there before it seems Natalya is on the same flight as Renee and also rumours that Alexa bliss is also going to Saudi Arabia. I'd love to know how they pulled this off given that after the first one I saw they showed a promo video with I think Carmella in it and the audience liked it, but the religious top dogs were spitting mad over it.

So it seems along with Renee who was there before it seems Natalya is on the same flight as Renee and also rumours that Alexa bliss is also going to Saudi Arabia. I'd love to know how they pulled this off given that after the first one I saw they showed a promo video with I think Carmella in it and the audience liked it, but the religious top dogs were spitting mad over it.

They are trying to get all 3 of those women killed.

Renee because of Dean, Natty because of Bret showing up On DoN and Alexa because she has a career ending concussion and they are worried she'll be the next Benoit.

lawlolawl wrote: »
    They are trying to get all 3 of those women killed.

Renee because of Dean, Natty because of Bret showing up On DoN and Alexa because she has a career ending concussion and they are worried she'll be the next Benoit.

What the **** are you on about ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,872 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Trying too remember did Goldberg say something about taker in the tivoli last year ??

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Trying too remember did Goldberg say something about taker in the tivoli last year ??
    Was it something along the lines of he's not actually dead ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,872 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Surprised they dont want Hollywood guys like the rock and Batista for these events

Cena not there this time round

• Registered Users Posts: 23,114 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Oh they want them but Rock and Batista are successful enough not to need Saudi money now. Plus it would probably damage their brand.

Alexa and Sasha had that match in Abu Dhabi where they had to wrestle in attire that covered everything up. WWE might have negotiated something like that again.

• Advertisement

They'll cause an international incident if they so much as acknowledge that women exist.

I presume that this handful of women are being flown over as an optics thing.

"Hey WWE Universe™, they didn't instantly kill them on the runway so that must mean they are really progressive!"

Advertisement