Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Goonies--The goonies.

Much obliged, R. Autocorrect strikes again.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Here’s the irrational bit- I should also hate Jerry Fish as they’re very similar but he’s mostly okay in my book. Don’t care very much for his music but he doesn’t incite rage within me like Jack L does.

Jerry Fish had one or two really good songs. Which is one or two more than Jack L did.

Add to that Jerry Fish had another band, An Emotional Fish, and they had some other good songs with the likes of 'Celebrate'.

Whichever type of music he chooses to sing, he does a solid job. Meanwhile Jack L will take a song you love, and kill it right in front of your eyes-in a manner so brutal even Charles Manson would have said 'you got issues, fella'.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,527 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Jerry Fish had one or two really good songs. Which is one or two more than Jack L did.

Add to that Jerry Fish had another band, An Emotional Fish, and they had some other good songs with the likes of 'Celebrate'.

Whichever type of music he chooses to sing, he does a solid job. Meanwhile Jack L will take a song you love, and kill it right in front of your eyes-in a manner so brutal even Charles Manson would have said 'you got issues, fella'.

My issue with Jerry is more the act than the music. Don't mind him if it's on the radio just can't stand him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Bradley Walsh's Son, Barney.
    He seems to be a really nice, inoffensive chap but I just can't stand him.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭candycock

Ruby walsh,I just want to slap him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The Camembert Quartet or whatever the fcuk they're called, especially the gurning frontman. We can thank Tubridy for inflicting that shower on the nation.

It’s a big commitment having a band name based on a joke (they were a trio)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Shia LaBeouf

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Shia LaBeouf

Watched Indy tonight too did ya ?

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Watched Indy tonight too did ya ?

Watched it once, that movie... never again.

And Shia Labouef complained about Spielberg's style of directing.

Ungrateful piece of crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,839 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Jack L sounds like a constipated fog horn....his appeal is a mystery . Ok he’s not a megastar by any stretch it’s kinda a niche thing but he’d make a fist at filling vicar st. Also every photo of him seems to have him looking remarkably serious...

• Advertisement

Strumms wrote: »
    Jack L sounds like a constipated fog horn....his appeal is a mystery . Ok he’s not a megastar by any stretch it’s kinda a niche thing but he’d make a fist at filling vicar st. Also every photo of him seems to have him looking remarkably serious...

He was everywhere, for a while... but thank fudge that dude disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Watched it once, that movie... never again.

And Shia Labouef complained about Spielberg's style of directing.

Ungrateful piece of crap.

You don't nuke the fridge,

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Una Stubbs, I really really dislike her.

Lionel Blair I couldn't stand him growing up.He seemed to be everywhere.

He was everywhere, for a while... but thank fudge that dude disappeared.

Think it was one of those Indo/RTE attempts to polish a turd, they take some,usually below average singer/actor/model and hype them way beyond their abilities, Denise Chaila would be the current experiment

Think it was one of those Indo/RTE attempts to polish a turd, they take some,usually below average singer/actor/model and hype them way beyond their abilities, Denise Chaila would be the current experiment

Or Damien Dempsey.

The arts are full of these little groups who spend forever promoting each other no matter how little talent they really have

Or Damien Dempsey.

The arts are full of these little groups who spend forever promoting each other no matter how little talent they really have

Would throw in Cliona Hagan as well,

• Registered Users Posts: 24,839 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Or Damien Dempsey.

I used to like Whelans to an extent until the stage that it was just full of crusty nuts in oversized jumpers and crap beards playing Damian Dempsey, Mundy, Paddy Casey, Lisa Hannigan, Frames / Hansard ad fûcking ad nauseam on the jukebox.....

It’s a big crusty love in with fans of all those heads, shîtemusic.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,112 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I used to like Whelans to an extent until the stage that it was just full of crusty nuts in oversized jumpers and crap beards playing Damian Dempsey, Mundy, Paddy Casey, Lisa Hannigan, Frames / Hansard ad fûcking ad nauseam on the jukebox.....

It’s a big crusty love in with fans of all those heads, shîtemusic.

Feel your pain, dude.

Stults with agendas, most of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

That uber crusty Hansard is way over rated....the "in people" seem to like him though.

Can't think why........

• Registered Users Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

That uber crusty Hansard is way over rated....the "in people" seem to like him though.

Can't think why........

On a somewhat similar vein; hozier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Any Facebook, twitter or boards prick who seem to know more about covid than scientists and medical professionals.

Can't think why........

To paraphrase Colin Murphy, we celebrate mediocrity in this country. Not greatness, mediocrity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭smilerf

RMAOK wrote: »
    On a somewhat similar vein; hozier
    Pretentious boring and overrated
    He had one good song the rest were pish

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Can't think why........

It's one of those stories of an under dog taking on the might of Disney for an Oscar (Best Original Song) and winning.

Bell X1. The one song radio stations go for is Rocky took a lover and that tone that runs through it gives me a headache.

flazio wrote: »
    It's one of those stories of an under dog taking on the might of Disney for an Oscar (Best Original Song) and winning.

Bell X1. The one song radio stations go for is Rocky took a lover and that tone that runs through it gives me a headache.

Plus, if rumours are to be believed, Hansard is one creepy individual...

Haven't heard Bell X1 in a while-but then I don't listen to the radio that often. (Not unless I'm getting a lift from someone, or in a taxi. Rest of the time I'm on podcasts or spotify).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I know hes dead but Bruce Forsyth.He popped up on a programme last night and ugh.
    Theres just something creepy about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

That YungBlood fella. He’s a pastiche of a character. He was on Top of the Pops year review last night with a “thrown together” look that you just knew took an absolute age to app and fortune to put together.

Try hard (and copycat) are two terms that come to mind.

Your buddy was on RTE last night butchering Leonard Cohen

• Registered Users Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

The Sunday indo etc insist on labelling him a sex symbol too....like wtf?!

Does he still have the stupidly elaborate facial hair?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

The Sunday indo etc insist on labelling him a sex symbol too....like wtf?!

Does he still have the stupidly elaborate facial hair?

The facial hair and hairstyle kinda makes him look like a cross between Gary Glitter and Count Dracula. I'm pretty sure the character of Vampire Lord Harkon in Skyrim was modelled on Jack L.

Advertisement