Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW Superthread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

The silly stuff that doesn't really matter is the most entertaining stuff in WWE at the moment.

The serious feuds and title stuff are the same boring ****e they've been doing for the past 15-ish years.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

only catching up with raw now. surprised Hunter mentioned Jeddah in his promo. They've done everything in their power to not tell us this show is in saudi arabia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

TimesArrow wrote: »
    only catching up with raw now. surprised Hunter mentioned Jeddah in his promo. They've done everything in their power to not tell us this show is in saudi arabia

they've mentioned jeddeh i seen in promos but i havent heard them say saudi arabia whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Davy05

sky88 wrote: »
    they've mentioned jeddeh i seen in promos but i havent heard them say saudi arabia whatsoever

Most Americans in their audience probably think Jeddah is in Arkansas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,220 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Ryder and Hawkins vs Revival for the tag titles tonight. It makes less than zero sense. I'm sure Revival have lost two televised rematches for the belts already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Why bother doing something new that could be dangerous and crap, when we can get another masterpiece between those 2

Same as the next PPV, we’re getting Rollins v Corbin, Kofi vs Dolph, Becky vs Lacey and Roman vs Drew all over again

And thats just so far, there’s so many other classic rematches we could see yet

Bayley vs Alexa you could forgive since it was ~2 years ago since they were together iirc, but it was also sh1te so who gives a crap

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

J. Marston wrote:
    Ryder and Hawkins vs Revival for the tag titles tonight. It makes less than zero sense. I'm sure Revival have lost two televised rematches for the belts already.

I predict new Tag Team champions then a picture with HHH as if it will be a big deal & not just a decision Vince made when he finally asked someone who the tag team champs were again

Usos have been added to it now so they must've realised it made no sense.

Remember the Viking Warriors?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

J. Marston wrote: »

No. I remember the Viking experience tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,283 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Our were they Viking Raiders?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Viking War Raiders Experience, Erik Rowe and Ivar Hanson

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Hmmm. Sounds more like some sorta Machine to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Usos have been added to it now so they must've realised it made no sense.

The fact the Revival seemed to be aligned with Shane McMahon could have easily just said Shane is using his power to help his buddies out by given them a title shot after helping him beat down Reigns last week on Raw.

The fact the Revival seemed to be aligned with Shane McMahon could have easily just said Shane is using his power to help his buddies out by given them a title a shot after helping him beat down Reigns last week on Raw.

That actually does make kayfabe sense, in fairness. Hadn't thought of that.

That actually does make kayfabe sense, in fairness. Hadn't thought of that.

Tbf it's WWE so 9 times outta 10 things normally don't make sense.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

You know, part of me knows that was actually a decently solid episode of Raw. Plenty of stuff happened, with a good mixture of wrestling and stories.

I just find it so, so hard to care because I don't know if it was an anomaly.

Truth's stuff is great ("I'm not Hornswoggle, I'm just a very small man", and EC3 actually getting to show his comedy chops was brilliant), and Firefly is still holding my attention. But outside of Truth and Bray, I'm just massively reluctant to invest in anything....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Lord TSC wrote: »
    You know, part of me knows that was actually a decently solid episode of Raw. Plenty of stuff happened, with a good mixture of wrestling and stories.

I just find it so, so hard to care because I don't know if it was an anomaly.

Truth's stuff is great ("I'm not Hornswoggle, I'm just a very small man", and EC3 actually getting to show his comedy chops was brilliant), and Firefly is still holding my attention. But outside of Truth and Bray, I'm just massively reluctant to invest in anything....

they've broken you.

there's only so many times they can let you down before you just won't allow yourself to care like you used to. we all have a breaking point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

They’re a victim of their own crap booking

Even if things were to turn around creative wise and last night was the start of it, it would take 6 odd months for us to fully trust them, we’d need to see full stories with a good start and end before thinking they could actually do it

Looked on Reddit for any worthwhile highlights. This was all I found...

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1138293460270632960

R-Truth's antics and Billie regularly making people break character are legit the only things I enjoy in WWE right now. The rest is drizzling shíte.

youd have to agree its like the general consensus is everyone loves brays stuff but were all waiting for it to be ruined eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Don’t watch that much anymore but that was brilliant with the iconics

iconics are terrible in ring but they are so good in these skits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

love Iconics. probably the only wrestlers who can get away with being so rubbish in the ring because of their character skills

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Don’t watch that much anymore but that was brilliant with the iconics

I know everyone hates their in ring work (for a reason), but when they are given freedom on the microphone, they really are incredible. Its a shame they can't really wrestle, cause otherwise they'd be one of the greatest acts ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,878 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Kayla is so cute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,476 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I only realised how truly awful the show has gotten when the demise of Rambling Rabbit, a puppet, drew more emotion out of me than anything they’ve done in months.

And yeah, I’m including Kofi’s win in that. That poor rabbit had more character development than 90% of the roster.

Kayla couldn't stop herself from smiling and think they just like trying to get her to laugh.
    Dunno where the IIconics thing will go. When they talk about scouring the world, that would be a good time to introduce Paige's team by her simply saying they clearly never tried Japan.

So WWE hacked into the building's elevator camera immediately? I have to ask, what's with EC3 carrying that cup? Montez Ford carries one as well and I just don't get it. What are they meant to be?
    EC3 didn't seem too keen to try and pin Truth either when they got out.

Guess we won't be seeing Ryder and Hawkins again any time soon.

So 6 man match for the US title at Stomping Ground?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,883 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Why do I get the feeling they are going to do a bar type of thing with Cesaro and Ricochet. They could use Cesaros amazing strength and Ricochets high flying moves. Future tag champs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,338 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

iconics are terrible in ring but they are so good in these skits

Ah billie kay is actually good in the ring though. Her WWE run is a poor reflection on her in ring ability.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Ah billie kay is actually good in the ring though. Her WWE run is a poor reflection on her in ring ability.

ive heard that before i must check some out as tbh she wasnt as awkward looking in NXT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,865 ✭✭✭Pentecost

ive heard that before i must check some out as tbh she wasnt as awkward looking in NXT

Peyton Royce was definitely better in NXT too, though not as good as the top women they had at the time.

The two are a throwback to the Divas era level of wrestling. Pretty bad, in my opinion. But they have more charisma in their fingernails than 98% of the rest of the women (and probably men) do in their whole bodies. That should count for a lot especially when there are women to cover the workrate stuff these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

In fairness having personality is more important than wrestling ability on main roster. It is reason why the likes of Ember Moon have gone nowhere on main roster while Lacey Evans, Alexa Bliss and The IIconics have done well for themselves than they did on NXT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,485 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Daniel Bryan back on Raw facing Seth Rollins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,883 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Daniel Bryan back on Raw facing Seth Rollins

Awesome but I hate this bloody wild card rule. So confusing and really a gamble now if ur attending an event cause of it. The sooner the fox takeover for SD happens as they will try and have a structured roster between both shows

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Awesome but I hate this bloody wild card rule. So confusing and really a gamble now if ur attending an event cause of it. The sooner the fox takeover for SD happens as they will try and have a structured roster between both shows

Highly doubtful. USA have given them more money for just Raw so I'm sure they'll want the big names on their show and Fox will also want the big names on their show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Ringside news called last nights Raw the best in a long time. Any other opinions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

PTH2009 wrote: »

The roster split doesn't exist anymore. People just show up where ever.

The Wildcard rule was another classic example of WWE coming up with an idea and discarding it almost instantly. They constantly do this.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Ringside news called last nights Raw the best in a long time. Any other opinions?

It, surprisingly, was pretty good.

There were show long stories that made sense, a LOT of characters got meaningful screen time (EC3, Eric Young, Gallows & Anderson, Slater all got stuff to do), stories progressed.

It was actually well written. Yeah, there's still issues (mainly, the wild card rule meaning we're getting re-runs of the same segments twice a week).

But Rollins got a show long story with a beginning/middle/end. Bliss/Nikki are getting a story with, shock horror, character development. The fatal five way match was strong, Bryan/Rollins was what you'd expect.

Wasn't a show that you'd dedicate three hours too, but took longer than 10 minutes to blitz.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if reports start floating that Vince wasn't that involved and someone else was in charge of the show. It felt like a 3 hour show, rather than a dozen 15 minute ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I hoped the Gallows+Anderson segment was going to lead to them getting a push but ultimately resulted in defeat unless they are slow building them again. At this stage surely aligning them with Balor as a heel faction with a mouthpiece could work

Cotts72 wrote: »
    I hoped the Gallows+Anderson segment was going to lead to them getting a push but ultimately resulted in defeat unless they are slow building them again. At this stage surely aligning them with Balor as a heel faction with a mouthpiece could work

i think we have been hoping for that since they got there

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm not getting my hopes up, WWE might think Balor is too useful as a babyface who is popular with the right demographics to turn.

I've only seen clips of heel Balor in Japan but he seemed to rely heavily on swearing in promos to sound mean and hard. Don't have that crutch in WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭ThePott

Yeah best RAW in a while then again had it on in the background so take it for what it's worth.

Nice to see some of the underappreciated roster get moments, reckon those are people WWE think are flight risks.
    Stomping Ground is still pretty underwhelming looking though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I've only seen clips of heel Balor in Japan but he seemed to rely heavily on swearing in promos to sound mean and hard. Don't have that crutch in WWE.

Maybe I didn't see enough of him but I always got a silent, man of few words, type vibe off him in the Bullet Club. He did well portraying someone who went to the dark side so to speak.

There's potential there as a heel.

• Advertisement

As good as a lot of the stuff seemed on Raw, Heyman's promo is up there with his worst ever. That was dreadful.

Not judging but he looks like he has put on a lot of weight too. I remember he noticeably lost a lot a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

They need to stop with the weekly Heyman promos. I don't even watch them anymore which is sad because if nothing else I would have sought that out on their channel.

AJ seemed frustrated at Gallows/Anderson losing so he may get involved with them more.

Was it me or were the crowd against Usos and Viking Raiders? Of course isn't LA's team the Raiders? And the Alexa Bayley thing seems to be getting a negative reaction for Bayley, or maybe just the fans are turning against her as well.
    And Rollins' attack on Eric was very heelish.

Overall though, I thought it was one of the better episodes in a while. Don't know who the guest ref will be on Sunday.

And reverse momentum means Becky is losing?

I can't decide if that was a good segment or just more embarrassment for EC3. He was funny in the little he did but looked like such a joke really.
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    AJ seemed frustrated at Gallows/Anderson losing so he may get involved with them more.

Was it me or were the crowd against Usos and Viking Raiders? Of course isn't LA's team the Raiders? And the Alexa Bayley thing seems to be getting a negative reaction for Bayley, or maybe just the fans are turning against her as well.
    And Rollins' attack on Eric was very heelish.

Overall though, I thought it was one of the better episodes in a while. Don't know who the guest ref will be on Sunday.

And reverse momentum means Becky is losing?

People like Alexa because she's an entertaining bitch and Bayley just has zero personality and it's hugely exposed when she's up against Bliss. They have a moment of Bliss segment on Smackdown scheduled and if they keep the face/heel dynamic intact for that, they'll be doing well.

Apparently the dark match last night was Becky and Lacey in a street fight so I reckon that could be a warm-up for Extreme Rules. I think the only way that feud continues until then is Becky losing the belt and getting a rematch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,865 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Becky is pretty much the face of the company these days. I’d say she’ll be retaining for a while yet.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement