Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NASCAR 2023

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

i agree there has been little passing other than taking fuel only . once people drop back they just dropped out the back . Truex and others never bothered racing at all

It was a good move from Elliot to win it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,684 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Last couple of laps at Charlotte Roval! We're into overtime baby! Carnage racing.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Bit mad bell won and got through and Larsson out .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Infoanon

That was crazy , absolute carnage at the end.

The over turning of Byrons penalty has effectively taken Larson out of the championship.

Bell winning was down to a bit of luck but also going for broke by changing tyres.

Suarez losing out because of another spec part failure - power steering again !! - does not reflect well on Nascar , hopefully a spec part failure won't cost a driver the championship.

Wonder will Cole Custers blocking that allowed Chase Briscoe to gain the vital two places to make the playoffs be investigated? , team manipulation of results is not allowed in Nascar , memories of Michael Waltrip Racing come to mind.

Next week - Las Vegas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,938 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm not a fan of this next gen car at all and I hate the Roval. Why not use a real track instead of setting up that stupid course?

Bell took.the risk and it paid off, that's part of the game and it's not the first and won't be the last time that it'll be the winning move.

And NASCAR will do nothing about Custer unless there's a huge public outcry and there won't be one.

What a way to decide the final 4,

Spoilers :

Think Zanardi at Laguna Seca, that's the level of Ross Chastains move today.

To go from 10th to 5th and into the play offs on the final lap with what has to be the craziest move ever - video game move in the real life !

Ross Chastain tried that move - on a video game - before today , using the wall to go around at top speed on the last corner !

Denny Hamlin looked to have the job done until Ross move.

1 JGR , 1 Penske , 1 Track house and 1 Hendrick will fight it next weekend.

As an aside the TV coverage on the international feed was dire for the last few laps , the picture on screen was Chastain while the commentry was about the leaders door bashing !

XfiniTy championship will also be decided next weekend with TY Gibbs being enemy number one after wrecking his teammate Brandon Jones on the last lap , costing Jones a championship playoff spot......

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Literally just watched and and came straight here.

Probably the most insane, ballsy move I've ever seen. Absolutely incredible.

Chastain has improved massively over the last two or so years. He's been the best driver this year I think. I'd love to see him win it.

You describe it well calling it video game stuff. It was surreal.

The Gibbs thing was not only ridiculous but stupid. If he stayed behind Jones he had a teammate in the final four. By doing what he did he's now facing three JR motorsports teammates. All it takes is for one of them to wreck him, and he deserves that, and it's all over.

Next year the lead cars will all be up against the boards on the home straight to stop anyone doing that again

Gibbs was a bit silly even though i had backed him , i think Gragson Backed out as he didnt wana get wrecked the week before the final run off

Elliot and Bell look favourite for cup and gragson looks the one to beat in the xfinity

I can see Gibbs and Gragson getting in a battle with each other and neither go easy in a heated battle. I think Berry could end up winning it.

In the Cup series I certainly wouldn't rule out Chastain. That trackhouse team are pretty serious.

• Advertisement

The Xfinity race last night was a half decent watch. Just focusing on the championship 4 all race so was exciting enough.

Looking forward to the bigger Sprint Cup cars going around Phoenix, taking the short cut across the apron. Interesting rule about staying above the yellow line on restarts until the car crosses the start/finish line!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Uh, did we just lose NASCAR coverage this year following Viaplay's buyout of Premier Sports? I'm looking at the TV schedules and our Premier Sports 1 or 2 is NOT showing Daytona this weekend!

looks like ill be sticking to usa apps

when there on xtra - ex freesports itl likely be available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Ireland has lost NASCAR coverage because Premier Sports Ireland was'nt purchased by Viaplay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Where is viaplay is it on sky

There is no Premier Sports website anymore but some TV listing sites have the '500' on Premier Sports 2 from early evening.

The schedule on the Sky planner has not been updated and is showing live Top14 Rugby. ..,we live in hope !

Premier Sports 2 EPG :421

Alex Bowman will start from pole - a good way to celebrate a multi year contract extension, with team mate Kyle Larson alongside him.

They ate locked into the race , the other 38 spots will be sorted out tonight in the fuel races.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

nascar europe is new not seen that on anything . but will stick to fox app or other usa apps etc for the main stuff

• Advertisement

I watched the two duels. Kyle Busch didn't get to finish but he has a car. Second race was very aggressive. Sundays race could be crazy.

Kyle Bush making his eighteenth attempt to win the 500 ,the RCRS are looking strong,a Rowdy win would be good to see.

Conor Daly qualified takes to that crazy crash in race 2, Zane Smith being the other non chartered car to qualify.

Roll on Sunday !

Just on Zane Smith. I'm not sure how long his contract is with Front Row but I thought for sure they'd put a car in the Xfinity series for him this year.

He's got the quality to be a cup series driver, and a competitive one if he got into the right team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Viaplay only officially bought the UK arm of Premier Sports. Our Premier Sports channels are a distinctly different operation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,030 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

----

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

and it's gone, copyright claimed

• Advertisement

Let's go racin'.

The viaplay channel can be tuned in on a skybox.

11082, H, DVB-S, QPSK, 22.0, 5/6

First Biggie of the evening. Started getting frisky there after the second green flag stops.

Thought I was finally going to see a KB 500 win

Insane finish. Delighted for Ricky, has been great at that track for years and very unlucky a couple of times. Great to see a guy like that finally get a huge win that's well earned over the years.

• Advertisement

Tough race on tyres tonight. I'd like to see Tyler Reddick win it tonight after what happened last year. He deserved to win it.

Hendrick cars have won it the last two years. Larson last year and he's won it twice. Kyle Busch has won it three times.

ive gone for Larrson and Allgair in the xfinity

Cars getting pounded by sand and debris. This track is harsh.

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2023/03/08/cup-series-2023-trackhouse-project-91-cota

Kimi returning with Project 91 car with the Track house team. Due at COTA at the end of March.

track house will gove him a decent car - with the 9 car vacant i can see allgair getting a few runs in it . he should have won the last few races in xfinity only for silly stuff

this atlanta track is terrible constant cautions

What is causing this. Tyres, driver errors?

Austin Hill is so impressive in these type of races.

lack of grip is a lot of it a bit of everything but far 2 many cautions i think they decided to stop pushing going into final stage

• Advertisement

How do.you call getting to the front luck? It took him a lap and a half to get from 8th to the front during the last stage last night.

he was hit into stayed on the track and won last night - a few weeks ago he won an when the caution came up in an overtime lap and the other one was fortunate aswell - he gets up there in the races but hes had a lot of luck

Did you ever the saying 'the better I get the luckier I get'?

That applies here. He's by far the best superspeedway driver in Xfinity.

Some blocking going on in this Cup race. Going to end in tears

went a lot better as they knew whay happened yesterday , amirola is an accident waitint to happen atm - and Logano deserved that win used to live at the track - nearly messed it up backing off at the start pf stage 3 . but got back up

Logano had a great car and team working for him. I like Joey, happy for him.

I thought with him and Keselowski in front it might all end in tears. They didn't get on as teammates, taking each other out a couple of times so on different teams I thought it could get rough. Thankfully that didn't happen.

I can't warm to Joey, dunno what it is. But respect, what a great drive in final laps to claim the win.

NASCAR is at COTA this weekend with Jenson in the 15 car and Kimi in the 91 car. Let's see these guys show the oval experts how to race on a track!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/nascar-2023-cota-schedule-entry-list-how-to-watch/10447350/amp/

with no chase Elliot . Your down to Allmandinger maybe rowdy and larrson and a few others than good on track

• Advertisement

Should be fun. Hoping Kimi and Jenson don't wreck or get wrecked just because they're fresh in stock cars.

Advertisement