Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,476 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Wait! The thread title says 5k, that's 5000. Google tells me I can go to Tokyo, in your face level 5!

Now I have The Proclaimers as earworm.

Aaaaand I would walk 500 miles, aaaaand I would walk 500 more.

No need to thank me, you're all very welcome. I'm nice like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭4Ad

Don't know about anyone else but the eating of all food available has commenced here

I'm drinking everything ,even muck bottles of Heineken...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

4Ad wrote: »
    I'm drinking everything ,even muck bottles of Heineken...

I'm not jealous at all *eye twitching rapidly*...I haven't drank in 3 weeks but I don't miss it at all...no siree, not one bit..I love drinking herbal tea and sparkling water *head explodes*

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Notwhosheseems

I’m not sure about asking here but there’s discussion about the restrictions already. Anyone know if in person gp surgery visits are carrying on as normal?

Warming water for a bath. Sleep eludeD me last night and it’s practically morning now.

Are you in the family way, Porklife? If you don’t mind my asking. I was just wondering because of your eccentric diet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

My guess is gp visits will be limited again, some surgeries wouldn't see anyone in person full stop, some would with the usual precautions, much like last time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Notwhosheseems

My guess is gp visits will be limited again, some surgeries wouldn't see anyone in person full stop, some would with the usual precautions, much like last time

Thank you. How are you getting on, Grem?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Low and slow over here.. Work, bed, physio ahead then couch i guess. Wednesday i have off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am lucky in that I can still go to the office every day. Words I never thought I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :) It’s a wet and windy morning out :)

Hi ho hi ho It’s off to work I go

Bedside listening to the wind and rain, not looking forward to heading out , tired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Wait! The thread title says 5k, that's 5000. Google tells me I can go to Tokyo, in your face level 5!

Now I have The Proclaimers as earworm.

Aaaaand I would walk 500 miles, aaaaand I would walk 500 more.

No need to thank me, you're all very welcome. I'm nice like that.

Such an ear worm before bed is cool Leggie! But first thing when one wakes up!? That’s my song for the day! Thaaaaaasnks paaaaal! :pac:

Morning all! Bedside! Deciding what to do with myself for the day! I’m feeling different levels of nothing :D or maybe I’ll go 6km from my place while I can :D I’m so mad!

Now to get the flock out of here.. A pox on all your viruses.

Got the bad news yesterday, poor old man dog has a tumour in his lung, cancer. Poor lad never even got to smoke!!
    He's too old to put him through surgery & I'm not giving him anything that's going to make him sick. He's not too bad now, vet says he will go down very quick when he starts. I hope i will know the right time to say goodbye.

Heartbroken.

Ah Bubbly, so sorry to hear that.. You'll know, I'll have hugs for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Aw Bubbly, sending hugs your way

I’m not sure about asking here but there’s discussion about the restrictions already. Anyone know if in person gp surgery visits are carrying on as normal?

Warming water for a bath. Sleep eludeD me last night and it’s practically morning now.

Are you in the family way, Porklife? If you don’t mind my asking. I was just wondering because of your eccentric diet.

I sure am! Hope you managed to get some sleep in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Break time at the coalface :) By god it’s miserable out there and I’m all cosy inside :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with the sweet stuff
    bubblypop wrote: »
    Got the bad news yesterday, poor old man dog has a tumour in his lung, cancer. Poor lad never even got to smoke!!
    He's too old to put him through surgery & I'm not giving him anything that's going to make him sick. He's not too bad now, vet says he will go down very quick when he starts. I hope i will know the right time to say goodbye.

Heartbroken.

Aww god sorry to hear that, that's heart breaking :'(

*hugs*

Aw bubblypop I'm so sorry. The poor fella, that's heartbreaking. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,049 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Aw bubblypop I'm so sorry. The poor fella, that's heartbreaking. :(

It is, sorry :(

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭thomil

So sorry to hear that, bubbly :( I'll be keeping you in my thoughts

Homeside, listening to the wind outside. This really is my kind of weather!

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Ah thanks everyone, I guess we all know it will happen, bloody pets don't live long enough!!

I would love to take him on holidays! A lovely cottage beside the sea, with some little wood walks nearby......he loves his walks & goes mad for the swimming :)
    Then he could lie out in front of an open fire for the rest of the day........
    Probably sounds mad, wanting to give the dog a holiday 😂

bubblypop wrote: »
    Ah thanks everyone, I guess we all know it will happen, bloody pets don't live long enough!!

I would love to take him on holidays! A lovely cottage beside the sea, with some little wood walks nearby......he loves his walks & goes mad for the swimming :)
    Then he could lie out in front of an open fire for the rest of the day........
    Probably sounds mad, wanting to give the dog a holiday 😂

That sounds absolutely beautiful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Porklife wrote: »
    I'm obsessed with psychopaths and love documentaries about serial killers. If somebody looked at my laptop history they'd probably call the guards:) But American Murder really threw me. Its shocking how cold and calculating he is. The wife was a bitch but seriously the way he navigated the whole thing was beyond sick.
    He has since said in several interviews that he has no remorse and doesn't regret what he did.

Yeah the bit that really made me feel stunned was where he admitted one of the kids was screaming "no, Daddy, no" when he was dumping her into the oil tank, I mean WTF? All he had to do was just get a divorce, he murdered his wife and 2 kids instead. Just surreal altogether.

It was a fascinating doc, just stunningly cruel what he did. I found it difficult to eat my pizza after it, now that says it all!!!! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Heading out to the shop, wearing a black mask and black coat with the hood up , I feel like a ninja
    Little brother is making cookies so I'm getting stuff for him!

Awaiting physio then not sure, possibly a pint..

So sorry Bubbly about your dog x

Today is a bad day. Need to put my positive hat on.

I can't find it :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Bedside, trying to hide from the place being turned upside down with the new gas boiler being installed. Hopefully when all the work is finished tomorrow I won’t know myself with the warmth!

Going to get out and into town shortly as I badly need a pair (or two) of casual shoes and maybe get a haircut if all the barbers aren’t out the door busy...

@bubblypop - really sorry to hear about your doggie. :( Pets have short lifespans but give so much love and affection to us. Thinking of you today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside

thankfully this lockdown won't affect me too much (I won't have to go to my folk's house for 6 weeks, PA and home support still open and working:)), but I feel sorry for people who it does affect and businesses :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement