Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Virgin Media Television thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭Delta2113

RTE News Now actually showed the big Itv debate last night and not Virgin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Delta2113 wrote: »
    RTE News Now actually showed the big Itv debate last night and not Virgin.

I noticed that too. Didn’t think either broadcaster would show it bus was shocked to see RTÉ show it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Maz2016 wrote: »
    I noticed that too. Didn’t think either broadcaster would show it bus was shocked to see RTÉ show it

I think news now had the BBC one from the last election.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Wasn’t it produced by ITN rather than ITV Studios? If so it would have been fair game for RTE.

icdg wrote: »
    Wasn’t it produced by ITN rather than ITV Studios? If so it would have been fair game for RTE.

I doubt Virgin Media considered it something they would show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭iseegirls

VM1 did show the "Britain's Next Prime Minister: The ITV Debate" in July, albeit was shown 2 hours after originally broadcast on ITV.

iseegirls wrote: »
    VM1 did show the "Britain's Next Prime Minister: The ITV Debate" in July, albeit was shown 2 hours after originally broadcast on ITV.

Initially I read that as 2 months after :D

I've discovered the magic number of how many times the Virgin Media Channels will show a series which they've gotten from ITV Studios.

The number is EIGHT times.

Series like Bancroft, Little Boy Blue, The Loch, Safe House, Schofield's South African Adventure, BBQ Champ, Britain's Brightest Families, Call The Cleaners, Innocent etc.. And they're all shown and shown within a 2 year period 8 times.

The question would be is there even a need to repeat some of these shows even once never mind 7 more times? You can see them cramming in programmes before the end of month sometimes before the contract runs out. For example The Ibiza Weekender Series 1 was being shown across all the 3 channels between April to June this year, each episode (only 8 of them) being shown 7 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭political analyst

icdg wrote: »

UK-wide political debate programmes on the ITV Network are produced at Media City, Salford, Greater Manchester. Therefore, it must be ITV Studios.

Anyone know if Red Rock on Virgin TV on Demand includes the lost 2 episodes?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Paul Pott

Doesn't it feel like saorview has less choice than ever ? Since the rebrand we have pretty much lost a channel 3e which was fairly youth orientated. Virgin 1,2 & 3 feel like the one channel, absolutely nothing to tell them apart

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Paul Pott wrote: »
    Doesn't it feel like saorview has less choice than ever ? Since the rebrand we have pretty much lost a channel 3e which was fairly youth orientated. Virgin 1,2 & 3 feel like the one channel, absolutely nothing to tell them apart
    Channel 6 was better.

Paul Pott wrote: »

I was thinking the same. 3e at least had family guy, uploaded etc to differentiate it some bit but now it has nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭its_steve116

I was thinking the same. 3e at least had family guy, uploaded etc to differentiate it some bit but now it has nothing.

Uploaded was TERRIBLE.

Uploaded was TERRIBLE.

At least it was something different

They’ve progressively got worse

VM one < TV3
    VM TWO < 3e < Channel 6
    VM THREE < be3 < UTV Ireland

It's just heavily dependent on anything produced by ITV Studios at the moment.

Pre-UTV Ireland times, we had 2 decentish channels in TV3 and 3e, and UTV which mimicked everything off ITV with some NI News thrown in.

After UTV Ireland and Virgin Media re-branding, we have 3 channels that show exactly the same thing across all 3 channels. 5 hours of Judge Rinder, 4 hours of The Chase, 3 hours of Tipping Point, 3 hours of The Royal daily. Only Irish input is News and live studio based discussion shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

It's just heavily dependent on anything produced by ITV Studios at the moment.

Pre-UTV Ireland times, we had 2 decentish channels in TV3 and 3e, and UTV which mimicked everything off ITV with some NI News thrown in.

After UTV Ireland and Virgin Media re-branding, we have 3 channels that show exactly the same thing across all 3 channels. 5 hours of Judge Rinder, 4 hours of The Chase, 3 hours of Tipping Point, 3 hours of The Royal daily. Only Irish input is News and live studio based discussion shows.

Add RTE problems well aired last few weeks on this and other forums and Irish TV is in a right mess.

Wonder will Virgin Media go ahead and broadcast the rest of Blind Date that they've produced, now that all allegations against Al Porter were dropped.

Good chance that they will he's asked that they show it.

However there's a good chance it will be the last series of the show for Virgin Media also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

Virgin Media Two showing Napoli and Genk this Tuesday at 17:55.

Virgin Media Sport and Rte 2 will show RB Salzburg and Liverpool at the same time.

• Advertisement

mikeym wrote: »
    Virgin Media Two showing Napoli and Genk this Tuesday at 17:55.

Virgin Media Sport and Rte 2 will show RB Salzburg and Liverpool at the same time.

It's been the norm this season. VM1 and VM2 have shown games at 17.55 on both Tuesday and Wednesday, along with another game at 20.00 on Tuesday. They keep the Wednesday 20.00 exclusive to Virgin Media Sport.
    It's just the first time RTE have moved their first choice match to the early time, due to liverpool needing a result on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭zeebre12

Why do they have ads before the livestreams of the Virgin Media channels start on the app? It's a joke. You don't know if it's an actual ad break on the channel or the ads before it.

Looks like Love Island (winter edition) is moving to VM1 in January. This just judging off tweets promoting the show, and they're pretty useless with knowing what shows are on which channels on twitter at times. However, having 30 or so hours of 9pm been taken up by another ITV programme will leave them to show little to no home produced programming at prime time, with no Red Rock finale in sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I'm sure it will move to 2 or 3 for no reason at some stage.

Looks like Love Island (winter edition) is moving to VM1 in January. This just judging off tweets promoting the show, and they're pretty useless with knowing what shows are on which channels on twitter at times. However, having 30 or hours of 9pm been taken up by another ITV programme will leave them to show little to no home produced programming at prime time, with no Red Rock finale in sight.

I guessed that was going to happen, X-Factor on VMT one has fallen off a cliff, not sure how the Bands version will do, also the fact that BGT is also lossing viewers and Virgin Media have no interest in any ITV show outside the Soaps and Reality TV. Wonder if The Voice will return to VMT one.

Elmo wrote: »
    I guessed that was going to happen, X-Factor on VMT one has fallen off a cliff, not sure how the Bands version will do, also the fact that BGT is also lossing viewers and Virgin Media have no interest in any ITV show outside the Soaps and Reality TV. Wonder if The Voice will return to VMT one.

They've shown all ITV The Voice series' and the Kids versions, so I'll presume they'll continue that on again in 2020. They also have no Ireland's got Talent, so will need The Voice to plug that hole.

Also looks like all news and home produced programming shutting up shop from Sat 21st December across their channels. News bulletins will be 2-3 minutes long for at least 12 days.

They've shown all ITV The Voice series' and the Kids versions, so I'll presume they'll continue that on again in 2020. They also have no Ireland's got Talent, so will need The Voice to plug that hole.

Also looks like all news and home produced programming shutting up shop from Sat 21st December across their channels. News bulletins will be 2-3 minutes long for at least 12 days.

They are really pulling back, though I was surprised to Read Living with Lucy is going to be back.

They have put Coro St up against Fair City, and ditch the Celebrity Version of WWTBAM in favour of a The Chase repeat.

Though soap fans will have the ability to watch on +1s
    8pm
    Coro Street (UTV)
    9pm
    Fair City (RTÉ ONE)
    Coro Street (VMT one/UTV +1)
    EastEnders (BBC ONE)
    10pm
    EastEnders RTÉ 2
    Fair City RTÉ ONE +1
    Coro Street VMT one +1
    11pm
    EastEnders RTÉ 2 +1

Red Rock series finale coming soon . They had an ad during tonights first episode of Emmerdale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Red Rock series finale coming soon . They had an ad during tonights first episode of Emmerdale

After the last episode aired 1 April 2019? They are taking their viewers for fools.

Advertisement