Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Virgin Media Television thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭political analyst

odyssey06 wrote: »
    I don't understand the scheduling...
    1 episode on Monday 6th and 1 episode on Wednesday 8th.

Why not show them back to back on St Stephens Night instead of the umpteenth airing of The Snapper?

Presumably, it's because less people would be watching TV at all (never mind VM's channels) on St Stephen's Night and during the Christmas and New Year holidays. Furthermore, if what you're saying about the final episode is correct, it's possibly a deliberate decision to schedule it against Operation Transformation!

Elmo wrote: »
    But it seems they’ve forsaken most new programming from ITV in favour of The Royal Variety Show 2018 or some fly on the wall doc on Prince Charles or a Diana doc or a doc on the queen all of which have been shown multiple times before... am I wrong in saying ITV produced a doc on Prince Andrew recently following that interview?
    You might be thinking of the Channel 4 Dispatches special that was repeated after the Newsnight interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,993 ✭✭✭iseegirls

What I don't understand is the need to drag the series out so much to kill it.

This Series 3 of Red Rock started on 13th March 2017 and will end on 8th January 2020. Far too long.

iseegirls wrote: »
    What I don't understand is the need to drag the series out so much to kill it.

This Series 3 of Red Rock started on 13th March 2017 and will end on 8th January 2020. Far too long.

Good question.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

odyssey06 wrote: »
    I don't understand the scheduling...
    1 episode on Monday 6th and 1 episode on Wednesday 8th.

Why not show them back to back on St Stephens Night instead of the umpteenth airing of The Snapper?

They could have aired it before Coro st On Christmas Day with the final on Stephens... I say that because I assume

They want to keep the Coro St audience on Wednesday night, and I am guessing either blood or an ITV drama starts the following Monday.

• Advertisement

They could have aired it before Coro st On Christmas Day with the final on Stephens... I say that because I assume

They want to keep the Coro St audience on Wednesday night, and I am guessing either blood or an ITV drama starts the following Monday.

Looks like from a Tweet from VM1, that Love Island will be moving to the main channel, so that will keep the schedules busy for the 9pm's across January and into February.

https://twitter.com/VirginMedia_One/status/1204143684222177282?s=19

A few stats to finish off the year.

Most Screened Films in 2019:
    7 - The Expendables 2
    6 - Appropriate Adult (2 Parts), Murder On Pleasant Drive
    5 - John Wick, Did You Hear About The Morgans?, Circle Of Friends, Firewall, A Mothers Son (2 Parts), Ransom

5 Films Premieres across the 3 channels in 2019
    John Wick, Ride Along 2, Blood Father, Pilgrimage, Fast And Furious 7

72 First Broadcast on VMTV "Made For TV Films" across the 3 channels in 2019

166 Total unique Films shown across the 3 channels in 2019

Most Screened Films of All Time:
    19 - The Punisher
    18 - Circle Of Friends, Dirty Dancing
    17 - Watermelon
    16 - Expendables 2, It's A Wonderful Life, Men In Black, The Snapper

Most Screened Specials in 2019:
    8 - The Chase Blooper Show 2, Mr Posh: Million Pound Fraudster, World's Heaviest Child, Babes In The Wood
    7 - Tommy Fleming: A Journey Home, Luke Thomas And The Swing Cats, Donald Trump: Rise To Power, Trevor McDonald: Return To South Africa, Ireland';s Crazy Crazy Xmas Lights, Extreme Cruise Ship

Most Screened Specials of All Time:
    29 - Ireland's Crazy Christmas Lights
    28 - Ireland's Crazy Christmas Lights 2
    23 - Unsung Heroes At Christmas
    20 - Exposed: Ireland's Secret Cults
    19 - Ireland's Pampered Pets, Blackmarket Ireland

Tough to keep track of individual Programmes, but Renovation Nation (4 episodes) stands out to me. The series which first aired in 2015, was shown 14 times in 2019. Giving it a total of 23 times the series was shown since 2015.

Happy New Year all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Hopefully 2020 will be the year VMT commissions a music show. Eoghan McDermott would be my choice to host it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,352 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Hopefully 2020 will be the year VMT commissions a music show. Eoghan McDermott would be my choice to host it.

e5e29239-a786-431d-b285-3e4640f6c20b.png

Except replace fetch with a music show...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

You have to drop this obsession. There’s plenty of dedicated music channels, VMT are unlikely to ever consider this and the demand wouldn’t warrant it either

• Advertisement

Happy new year from C6 :)

https://youtu.be/ec75ac6Igz4

https://youtu.be/cIJyRW6-3sc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Delta2113

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2019-12-25/millionaire-celebrity-special/ - Will Virgin ever show these?

Maybe they are keeping them for next Christmas/ New Year.

Delta2113 wrote: »
    https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2019-12-25/millionaire-celebrity-special/ - Will Virgin ever show these?

Maybe they are keeping them for next Christmas/ New Year.

Strange way to treat one of your top shows alright.

How many times have The Speakmans airs, only 20 episodes available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

its really going downhill as a brand. relying on itv repeat after repeat with the odd irish program.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Jonny one

its really going downhill as a brand. relying on itv repeat after repeat with the odd irish program.

It's only going to get worse tbh

Strange way to treat one of your top shows alright.

How many times have The Speakmans airs, only 20 episodes available.

I've said earlier that they like to show each ITV series a crazy 8 times within a 2 year period. With The Speakmans, here's their air dates, and it's shaping up to be the same.

VM3: 5pm Fri weekly: Sep 2018 - Nov 2018 (Ep 1-9)
    VM3: 11am Sat weekly: Jan 2019 - Jun 2019 (all 20 eps)
    VM3: 1pm Mon-Fri: Jun 2019 - Jul 2019 (all 20 eps)
    VM3: 12midday Mon-Fri: Sep 2019 - Oct 2019 (all 20 eps)
    VM2: 9:30 Mon-Fri: Sep 2019 - Oct 2019 (all 20 eps)
    VM1: 8am Sat & Sun: Oct 2019 - Dec 2019 (all 20 eps)
    VM3: 12midday Mon-Fri: Nov 2019 - Dec 2019 (all 20 eps)
    VM2: 5pm Sat weekly: Nov 2019 - Jan 2020 (7 eps shown so far, still airing)
    VM1: 8am daily: Dec 2019 - Jan 2020 (Ep 12-20)

I've said earlier that they like to show each ITV series a crazy 8 times within a 2 year period. With The Speakmans, here's their air dates, and it's shaping up to be the same.

I love to know how their ITV deal works.

When was the last time that ITV aired this programme? It’s 6 years old this year. Has it been on any other broadcaster?

When was the last time that ITV aired this programme? It’s 6 years old this year. Has it been on any other broadcaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

God only knows but it does look like they pay per season rather than the show. Hence the show the same stuff over and over again despite there being much newer episodes available

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

They're absolutely destroying the Virgin brand. Virgin Group probably completely unaware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

No access to Who Wants to be a Millionaire unless you have free to air satellite. Is the ITV hub streamable in the Republic Of Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Jpmarn wrote: »
    Is the ITV hub streamable in the Republic Of Ireland?

No.

Just have no idea what direction they want to take the channels. Do they care about what viewers want to watch anymore?

New Years Eve, Virgin Media 2 were repeating The Brit Awards from 2018. Did the person who sat down to do up the schedules and place programmes into slots to give them the best audience really determine that Brit Awards from 20 months ago was best placed at 9pm.
    Or is it now just a case of getting the most of their ITV deal, and repeat at will, not caring what the end product is like. This is what it currently looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Virgin Media and TV3 before them haven't cared for years. I am amazed that there are people who will still sit down and watch this ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,352 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Is there somebody making conscious decisions about these random repeats/etc though? Or is it a random computer playlist that they use... Feels that way.

To me it seems the ITV soaps are bring in an audience. Their Irish in-house programming retain an audience, while everything else is now treated as filler with the exception of BGT, I'm A Celeb and Love Island.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

To me it seems the ITV soaps are bring in an audience. Their Irish in-house programming retain an audience, while everything else is now treated as filler with the exception of BGT, I'm A Celeb and Love Island.

Couldn’t agree more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Found this tweet.
    https://twitter.com/lordbambi2015/status/1212809574308339714

News On Two looks to be finishing up from 10th January on Virgin Media 2. No mention of it in listings the following week.

The European Champions Cup Rugby is moved to VM2 on Saturday week, with only 5 mins of buildup, and finishing soon after the match.

• Advertisement

News On Two looks to be finishing up from 10th January on Virgin Media 2. No mention of it in listings the following week.

The European Champions Cup Rugby is moved to VM2 on Saturday week, with only 5 mins of buildup, and finishing soon after the match.

Why bring it back?

Advertisement