Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Virgin Media Television thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

iseegirls wrote: »
    The schedules are diabolical. No clear identity for any of the channels anymore. An example is that the Heartbeat spinoff The Royal is on the 3 channels today. Now, I'm guessing The Royal's target audience is up there beside Heartbeat at a very older audience. Why the need for it be shown across the 3 channels is unclear.

I'd love to know does Bill Malone even know the schedule or what is on the channels tonight.

Some other notes that have happened over the past few weeks:
    • Series 7 of Wentworth Prison stopped after 2 episodes on VM3 to show ITV repeat Dark Heart
    • New Series of America's Got Talent on VM2&3 stopped after 4 episodes to show a repeat of ITV's Dancing On Ice
    • The Royal Wedding Extravaganza is on today on VM2 at 2:30pm and VM3 at 12midday on Saturday. The synopsis of this special is: "a programme which will focus on all the build-up to Harry and Meghan's big day with speculation on the guest list" :confused:
    • A film on VM1 has been dropped tomorrow night in favour of Britain's Spending Secrets and the 2018 Weather Special that was shown ad nauseam over Christmas.

Mr. Moonlight Murder has repeat again and again. Can I ask which movie was it? I didn't notice it this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,993 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Elmo wrote: »
    Mr. Moonlight Murder has repeat again and again. Can I ask which movie was it? I didn't notice it this week.

It was due to be the 2013 film The Call.

Yep, 3 airings of The Moonlight Murders
    inbetween a week of each other.
    VM2 Tue 8th at 9pm
    VM2 Mon 14th at 10.30pm
    VM1 Fri 18th at 12midnight.

The 3 live Champions League games have been moved to Virgin Media 2 next week. VM1 goes back to showing Emmerdale, Coronation Street and er... Midsomer Murders.

Judging by the past ratings every week, the plan to show CL at 6 on both nights and 8 on Tuesday on VM1 just wasn't working, and was doing more damage effecting the ratings for Emmerdale and Coronation Street than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The 3 live Champions League games have been moved to Virgin Media 2 next week. VM1 goes back to showing Emmerdale, Coronation Street and er... Midsomer Murders.

Looking at the schedule, a repeat of a 2013 Midsomer Murders episode, and probably not its first repeat either!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Normal service resumes...
    Virgin Media to take action against Eir over new TV service

The dispute centres on the inclusion of Virgin Media's free-to-air television channels on Eir's new Apple TV 4K set- top box, which was launched last week.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/virgin-to-take-action-against-eir-over-new-tv-service-38626659.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Virgin are some shower. At least Eir now have an innovative box, Virgin still have that Horizon embarrassmemt. They should spend less money on lawyers, and more on R&D.

Ten Pin wrote: »

Seem to be a strange one to take, one of the good things for VM is that it’s tv channels are part of TV packages. If they win eir will have to remove virgin Media one, TWO and THREE, I can’t see the audience missing them much.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,354 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Surely there's no major difference between evision and this new eir offering, it was always over Internet connection, right? And with Vodafone..

dulpit wrote: »
    Surely there's no major difference between evision and this new eir offering, it was always over Internet connection, right? And with Vodafone..

Only difference is that the channels are part of an app on Apple TV, which they are now using as their STB, so I suppose you don’t automatically go to TV first, you have to enter the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

Eir should remove the Virgin channels and replace them with the Itv Fta ones.

• Advertisement

Anyone know if LOVE ISLAND OZ has just been added saw ads for it but they seemed to have replaced a film tonight on VM2 Homefront with it and Murder on Pleasant Drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

Anyone know if LOVE ISLAND OZ has just been added saw ads for it but they seemed to have replaced a film tonight on VM2 Homefront with it and Murder on Pleasant Drive.

Love Island Oz is still on at 9pm according to the official listings.

https://www.virginmediatv.ie/en/tv/tv-guide.html#time=1572297222430

mikeym wrote: »
    Love Island Oz is still on at 9pm according to the official listings.

https://www.virginmediatv.ie/en/tv/tv-guide.html#time=1572297222430

No, I mean, I check last week and Homefront had been scheduled for 9. But checked today and it’s love island, was there a change?

Yep, think it was announced last Wednesday that they were showing the series starting tonight. So most weekly guide schedules don't have it.
    Another example of uselessness regarding their scheduling. They must employ an intern to look after it.

On another note, it's a Bank Holiday weekend and Halloween week. There is a grand total of 2 films on Virgin Media One this week.

1 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Sat @ 3.30pm
    2 - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Mon @ 11am

That's it. 2 films showing across the 7 days. The exact same film. Awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Any info on when the last 2 episodes of Red Rock will be broadcast?

Any info on when the last 2 episodes of Red Rock will be broadcast?

I assume when Darklands ends, unless Blood is due to air before Christmas.

Very strange about their movies they have not shown The Call or Homefront that often and the chose a TV film they’ve air several times already.

They’ve about 100 movies altogether AFAICS

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

mikeym wrote: »
    Eir should remove the Virgin channels and replace them with the Itv Fta ones.
    Would immediately lead to court.

L1011 wrote: »
    Would immediately lead to court.

So if eir put Virgin Media channels on their new live app then it leads straight to court.

If eir remove Virgin Media channels from their service it leads straight to court.

I could see the issue it they put ITV channels in place of VM channels but otherwise VMTV seem to want everything to themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Eir never got permission from Virgin Media Television to carry it's channels. Seems a very straight forward case to me - Eir are guilty.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I don’t want to really stop a discussion about a topic of interest but I think I have to after the above post. We don’t even know on what basis proceedings were issued or what remedies are being claimed by the Plaintiff.

So we cannot make bald statements like the above. And courts do not find a person “guilty” or “not guilty” in a civil case.

For those reasons, I have to make discussion of this case off topic. Straight 48 hour bans for breaches of this warning. This doesn’t stop posters posting, without accompanying commentary, links to reports of the proceedings by the professional media and ends upon judgement or settlement of the proceedings

• Advertisement

So Virgin Media Television have completely removed Xpose from their site, none of the old Xpose "news" reports are available. Rather then re-branding the pages.????

https://www.virginmediatelevision.ie/xpose/article/entertainment-news/294907/Giant-warship-figureheads-restored-following-years-of-decay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭captain caveman

I wonder if this will impact on the TV end of the business?

Virgin Media to cut up to 65 jobs https://jrnl.ie/4876059

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

surely its only a matter of time before they shut one of the 3 television channels. daytime schedule consists of two hours one programmeon VM1, then repeated on on vm2 then on vm 3... well thats what it feels like anyways.

surely its only a matter of time before they shut one of the 3 television channels. daytime schedule consists of two hours one programmeon VM1, then repeated on on vm2 then on vm 3... well thats what it feels like anyways.

I am guessing at some point

VMT THREE will make way for VMT one +1 on Saorview
    And it will make way for VMT TWO +1 on all other platforms

In terms of audiences one+1 would grow to about 0.9%, TWO+1 would have 0.3% which is about 1.2%, currently THREE and one+1 have a share of about 1.8% between them.

I wonder if this will impact on the TV end of the business?

Virgin Media to cut up to 65 jobs https://jrnl.ie/4876059

Hard not to disagree with some of the comments on that piece. Ireland AM has become so female dominated, which leads them to asking Paschal the day after the budget in which their first question was - are you Team Rooney or Team Vardy. It has turned into basically an extended The Six O'Clock Show merged with Xpose. In fact all their shows are merging into one really.

Caught some of the News At 12 this week. Can't understand why they are pumping so much into an hour bulletin at this time of the day- full of live outside broadcast reports.

Other annoyances of the week - scheduled programming like The tonight Show was replaced by more repeats. No appetite to bring in guest hosts anymore.
    Michael Flatley's ITV special on Sunday at 9pm was first broadcast in 2014 on both TV3 and ITV, and this was the 8th time it was shown since. (9th time on VM3 the following night). Included in this was a performance from Nadine Coyle and appearance from Bruce Forsyth. Things have moved on since then, but VMs schedules remain rooted to cheap repeats.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Ireland AM has become so female dominated, which leads them to asking Paschal the day after the budget in which their first question was - are you Team Rooney or Team Vardy.

Asking the tough questions :rolleyes:. I'd say Mark Cagney is delighted to be gone from there.

Hard not to disagree with some of the comments on that piece. Ireland AM has become so female dominated, which leads them to asking Paschal the day after the budget in which their first question was - are you Team Rooney or Team Vardy. It has turned into basically an extended The Six O'Clock Show merged with Xpose. In fact all their shows are merging into one really.

You have to remember that most of their female presenters are coming from Xposé type of programming, oddly when they launched Xposé most of them had years on TV news, they’d be better talk to politicians on Ireland AM.

I don’t necessarily think that it’s a female dominated issue, rather it’s experience they have, I don’t Martin King would be able to interview a politician.

Amanda Bryam was replaced initially by two female journalists Claire Byrne & Maura Derrane (since they were in TV3 already).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭its_steve116

You have to remember that most of their female presenters are coming from Xposé type of programming, oddly when they launched Xposé most of them had years on TV news, they’d be better talk to politicians on Ireland AM.

I don’t necessarily think that it’s a female dominated issue, rather it’s experience they have, I don’t Martin King would be able to interview a politician.

Amanda Bryam was replaced initially by two female journalists Claire Byrne & Maura Derrane (since they were in TV3 already).
    Is Robbie Keane's wife still working for VMT do you know? Never liked her on Xposé.

Is Robbie Keane's wife still working for VMT do you know? Never liked her on Xposé.

No idea.

I see Ant and Dec are back on ITV next week but not on Virgin Media!

• Advertisement

I'm A Celeb will takeover from Darklands, no sign of Red Rock.

Advertisement