Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/motors/the-well-hidden-power-of-mazda-s-mps-1.1294552

There's another episode of Traffic Cops or Interceptors with Derbyshire RCU. They have a Cupra, S3, Golf R and M1. Along with the usual marked bmw's.

Another one I was watching today had X3 M40i, Golf R, Cupra estate, S3 and M135i all involved in the one T-pac.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Bigus

Ish66 wrote: »
    Some Mazda 3 that ! 160mph ?:confused:

257.495 kmh !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Ish66 wrote: »
    Some Mazda 3 that ! 160mph ?:confused:

MPS Mazda... Quick machine

260 hp... That one could have been running more horses too....

Bog spec Tucson....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ratracer

Those Tucson’s are one of the ugliest new cars on the road IMO! Truely awful looking yokes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

1979 M62 Motorway police, no Health and Safety back then.. https://youtu.be/qvw9DNQWymo

'72 2.5PI Triumph and Victor 3.3 on the skidpan https://youtu.be/5WBoWpYcwa0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Capri wrote: »
    1979 M62 Motorway police, no Health and Safety back then.. https://youtu.be/qvw9DNQWymo

This is amazing. The mark 2 Transit coming in hot and nearly killing one of the policemen at the scene of an accident, and all involved laughing it off as it clips one of the parked Granadas (Cortina?) and comes to a halt in the snowy central reservation is perfection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭roadmaster

Have they ever considered removing the lightbars permanently like some of the US police forces . I read some where that apparently where they where removed there was a big fuel saving cost over a year

Dohvolle wrote: »
    New 9 years ago. All those searchlight options are available as standard when you get the lightbar, but our lot don't go for useful things like rear facing matrix signs (like RSU had on the Volvo) alley lights, directional flashing or useful things like that.
    Surprised there's alloys, carpets, cloth seating in them... Remember the old Cortina mk 5 'base' and the Corolla DE (deleted equipment? ) , they must have been rock bottom £??

• Advertisement

Taking the standard radio out these days does more harm to the electrics than good. If they left it in the members might be able to use the onboard bluetooth to ring PULSE instead having every scrote in the country posting photos on facebook of gardai with the phone up to their ear.
    I'm not old enough for Cortina but I do remember the district mondeo having the electronic siren(& PA), but the sub district car having the 2 tone. Which do you think had more chance of being used? The official driver spent all his tour out at the edges of the district, far enough from town that anything requiring siren was long finished before he got to a place he needed to use the siren.
    I have a big bugbear with the placement of radio on the BMW bikes also. Someone has stuck a cowl on the dash to hold the head unit, when BMW from the factory will actually provide a head unit (for Tetra) that sits on the yoke out of eyeline.

The radio units have been left in since 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

There's even sat-nav and android auto these days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

There's even sat-nav and android auto these days!

The new vans have rear reseves camera

Any Coincidence that the Garda fleet manager job became civilian around the same time?

No. The role has been a civilian for a while now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

No. The role has been a civilian for a while now.

When the cash got tight pretty much...(still is)

Mad to see the old Mondeo's, avensis still around at Harcourt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

Anyone here old enough to remember Oliver Hanlon in the Garage in Phoenix Park ?

Mad to see the old Mondeo's, avensis still around at Harcourt

Still Mileage on them... keep them going. Remember OPC vectra

POGAN wrote: »
    Still Mileage on them... keep them going. Remember OPC vectra

Certainly, I guess it's more senior lads and lassies driving them anyway as sitting up most of the time.
    Better cars then what is coming in anyway.

2.0 Mondeo were sweet to drive.

Certainly, I guess it's more senior lads and lassies driving them anyway as sitting up most of the time.
    Better cars then what is coming in anyway.

2.0 Mondeo were sweet to drive.

You'd be surprised the units that are driving them.

Senior ranks all have Tuscons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Bigus

foreign wrote: »
    The radio units have been left in since 2018.

Had this something to do with structural integrity of the dash safety and was brought about by a personal injuries claim to a member (make up your on puns ).

You'd be surprised the units that are driving them.

Senior ranks all have Tuscons

The silver 3 litre mondeo showed up a scene there last week I was like wtf is that doing here lol

The silver 3 litre mondeo showed up a scene there last week I was like wtf is that doing here lol

Haven't seen a V6 in a long time....

Loved the zetec s in red with the 17" alloys, they looked the bizz

Bigus wrote: »
    Had this something to do with structural integrity of the dash safety and was brought about by a personal injuries claim to a member (make up your on puns ).

Doesn’t Hyundai want to build in active mobility / ANPR in to the onboard computers anyway?

Bigus wrote: »

I'd heard the first part but not the second.

Doesn’t Hyundai want to build in active mobility / ANPR in to the onboard computers anyway?

Don't know about ANPR but the phone will link with the on board computer with USB I believe. I don't have access to either

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Aaron1416

I have an active mobility device...a phone... it does connect to the Hyundai but only as far as android auto. So google maps, Spotify (for nights) and phone calls but the interior car speaker is connected to tetra so can’t speak on calls only listen.. great thinking.

I sent active mobility section an email just enquiring into possibly having a screen mirror Type system. Where as anpr/vehicle checks show on the in car screen. So being able to do anyway with 3rd party anpr screens but they didn’t bite

Aaron1416 wrote: »
    I have an active mobility device...a phone... it does connect to the Hyundai but only as far as android auto. So google maps, Spotify (for nights) and phone calls but the interior car speaker is connected to tetra so can’t speak on calls only listen.. great thinking.

I sent active mobility section an email just enquiring into possibly having a screen mirror Type system. Where as anpr/vehicle checks show on the in car screen. So being able to do anyway with 3rd party anpr screens but they didn’t bite

Must be an issue with your car. Android auto and bluetooth work fine in all of ours.

You didn’t get the laptop?

• Advertisement

Must be an issue with your car. Android auto and bluetooth work fine in all of ours.

It’s updated... ask the lads in local garage to sorted it if stick message me

It’s updated... ask the lads in local garage to sorted it if stick message me

Ours works fine. My only issue is other people's problems with my fantastic spotify playlists

Ours works fine. My only issue is other people's problems with my fantastic spotify playlists

It depends on the car when it was last updated.

Single crewed playlists for you 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Aaron1416

You didn’t get the laptop?

They have another fancy name for that too! I got the Dex but havnt found much use as of yet. I’m sure it’s brilliant in smaller stations and one mans

Needs updating, it’s not syncing correctly

The boss and I shared a car back from the far end of west cork and she had issues with my playlist. She found the live (24 minute with the synthesised whale noises) version of Pink Floyd's Echoes a bit weird. Up to then we had her playlist of mostly culchie music. Songs about baling hay and that kinda nonsense. Music people in Tullamore listen to.
    However she soon fell asleep. Job done.

😂 long road in west cork

• Advertisement

Haven't seen a V6 in a long time....

Loved the zetec s in red with the 17" alloys, they looked the bizz
    That ZETEC S was treated like a baby, always polished up any time I saw it. Wonder if he's got one of the Vignale ones now?

Capri wrote: »
    That ZETEC S was treated like a baby, always polished up any time I saw it. Wonder if he's got one of the Vignale ones now?

Yes it was probably the cleanest Garda service vehicle I've ever seen.

They have another fancy name for that too! I got the Dex but havnt found much use as of yet. I’m sure it’s brilliant in smaller stations and one mans

Lapdock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

This is like reading Back Channel Chat . . . . . . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Saw a video of an unmarked Audi S3 saloon doing the rounds on whatsapp. Anyone know if its an official garda car? Cool looking thing

• Advertisement

Hogzy wrote: »
    Saw a video of an unmarked Audi S3 saloon doing the rounds on whatsapp. Anyone know if its an official garda car? Cool looking thing

Anti Burglary Unit

Anti Burglary Unit

Gucci car unit I should say

As it 2017 have they only acquired it or is it with them since new, I've never seen it....

They are a stunning looking motor.

As it 2017 have they only acquired it or is it with them since new, I've never seen it....

They are a stunning looking motor.

Probably a seizure put into the fleet.

foreign wrote: »
    Probably a seizure put into the fleet.

That’s what I’ve been told, it’s not the regular S3 exhaust

They tried Audi A6 and A8 officially in the early 2000s, as potential patrol cars but nothing came of it. They didn't meet test criteria. In a running brake test they veered widely off course. The Driving school had one for a while after. I think a few ended up in the ministerial pool.

A8 were widely used for that EU thing back in 2004....

There have been a few Audi bought and in service, unmarked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

They tried Audi A6 and A8 officially in the early 2000s, as potential patrol cars but nothing came of it. They didn't meet test criteria. In a running brake test they veered widely off course. The Driving school had one for a while after. I think a few ended up in the ministerial pool.

I think you'll find that it was a duck pond. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

Seeing as there's two fire engines in the background of the video, I would say it's the personal car of someone in the fire brigade. Some ranks can have blue lights fitted to their own car.

It’s AGS

Seeing as there's two fire engines in the background of the video, I would say it's the personal car of someone in the fire brigade. Some ranks can have blue lights fitted to their own car.

I don't think any Fire Officer would want something so obvious on the rear.

And it looks like a fit out garage rather than a fire station. Looks to be a couple of white pick ups in rear of the video.

• Advertisement
Advertisement