Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicle Gallery - Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

foreign wrote: »
    Capri, the "neon" strobe you referring to, is that the white drl's? They'd be strobing due to the camera.

I accept what you're saying about the 'flicker' effect but they do look as if it's more than that - time will tell as they'll probably appear on more police vehicles in time (and AGS will wait 10 years before adding them here :o )

Check these out, not sure if private mod or traffic undercover :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9k9yjxVJduA

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭POGAN

The traffic ranger is corks jeep think it's nice wait to you see the pajero

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Rebelkid

POGAN wrote: »

Got a pic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Rebelkid wrote: »
    Got a pic?

Go to the other thread, Vehicle gallery one.

D Trent wrote: »
    Go to the other thread, Vehicle gallery one.

Of the pajero

• Advertisement

Don't cork have a traffic '11 Isuzu D max

Hardly a need for a Ford Ranger??

Don't cork have a traffic '11 Isuzu D max

Hardly a need for a Ford Ranger??

Fermoy do, not city AFAIK

Fermoy do, not city AFAIK
    Ya it's fermoys haven't had jeep in nearly a year

Of the pajero

It's up on Garda fleet page there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

I like that ford actually. Looks a bit American or something..

• Advertisement

Ya it's fermoys haven't had jeep in nearly a year

Was it a Trooper or Terrano that got decommissioned ?

The Rangers look quite well in civilian mode in black with all the chrome, not too sure about all the battenberg , is there any evidence that it helps over the plain yellow/blue stripe :confused:

It's up on Garda fleet page there

Nice one I like it!

Capri wrote: »
    The Rangers look quite well in civilian mode in black with all the chrome, not too sure about all the battenberg , is there any evidence that it helps over the plain yellow/blue stripe :confused:

Think these two particular (maybe more ) marking up jobs were outsourced to a company judging by the pictures they certainly weren't taken outside the depot- Garda HQ
    so this company looked to impress they went all out

Think these two particular (maybe more ) marking up jobs were outsourced to a company judging by the pictures they certainly weren't taken outside the depot- Garda HQ
    so this company looked to impress they went all out

It's grand going 'all out' to impress but as I said, is it cost effective considering all the time and money spent doing such things - white works well in the majority of situations and the simple reflective yellow/blue stripe with reflective 'GARDA' should be visible to all except the legally blind. Gas thing is if it was outsourced to 'save money/free up staff' then the specifications might change to 'economise' and aping the UK colours and lighting would go out the window.
    Does applying battenberg and removing lights and bumpers to cut,fit /wire up lighting take twice as many man-hours as just applying simple stripes and screwing on a few mini strobes to the grille /rear high level brake light :rolleyes:
    These are questions that would be asked by the Comptroller and Auditor General ;)

Was it a Trooper or Terrano that got decommissioned ?

Marked terrano was dog unit not traffic and trooper was unmarked over 10 years old

I like the new Pajero and Ranger. Think the markings are good too. Better to be too visible than not visible enough, especially on an unlit motorway at night.

And they compare well to the Met Police ones.

maxresdefault.jpg

12463139373_ac88a31e6a_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Capri wrote: »
    It's grand going 'all out' to impress but as I said, is it cost effective considering all the time and money spent doing such things - white works well in the majority of situations and the simple reflective yellow/blue stripe with reflective 'GARDA' should be visible to all except the legally blind. Gas thing is if it was outsourced to 'save money/free up staff' then the specifications might change to 'economise' and aping the UK colours and lighting would go out the window.
    Does applying battenberg and removing lights and bumpers to cut,fit /wire up lighting take twice as many man-hours as just applying simple stripes and screwing on a few mini strobes to the grille /rear high level brake light :rolleyes:
    These are questions that would be asked by the Comptroller and Auditor General ;)

Of course a vehicle which has a full reflective side, rather than a single stripe, will be more visible. In addition, somebody standing at the side of a full Battenberg in the dark will be more visible than against a single stripe.

If I were working in, or around, such a vehicle which is stopped on a motorway or other live road, I'd be all in favour of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

I showed the Pajero photo to a friend of mine in a PD in New Jersey and she laughed at it.
    She sent me a video on my Facebook messenger of her personal patrol car which is completely blacked out dodger charger with reflective HD graphics "POLICE" on the sides, front and rear which you are guaranteed to see but only in the day at certain angles it is highlighted in bright grey.
    And at night it is hi visibility yellow somehow but it looks unbelievable.
    The yellow is a similar colour to the bonnet on the Pajero.
    State laws over there say a highway or city patrol car needs to be marked police etc.. but it doesn't state the variants of graphics which the police have used to there advantage.
    She said it is a car wrap rather than the heat melted battenburg European forces use.

It is saving them $1400 dollars per car on graphics job and it is working.
    I can only imagine what the pajero alone cost with the retro look.

Id say it won't be long before the UK have it on there units.

One thing I do notice is that at the first sight of a blue light ahead motorists DO slow down, so we know a single blue light works. Same for the unmarked units when they activate the lights - IF they're bright enough (only the seperate ones in the windows fall into this category ). The cost of the battenberg must be huge and it's only UK/IRL that seems to use it so where is the proof I wonder that it works any better than other marking - and what about the 'danger' of using unmarked traffic units at RTA's then if we follow that battenberg is the only 'safe' way of cordoning off a road.

http://www.pdecals.com/stealth-lp

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Please tell me that the i40s at least have air conditioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭alentejo

Yes. New versions do as standard

They do. The i30 has it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭kub

I have to wonder were the lads in the i40's envious of their colleagues in the Q7's? Doesn't matter how fancy a Hyundai it is, it is still a Hyundai.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

kub wrote: »
    I have to wonder were the lads in the i40's envious of their colleagues in the Q7's? Doesn't matter how fancy a Hyundai it is, it is still a Hyundai.

Considering there the lads that probably used to drive the advanced Mondeos I reckon so yeah.

kub wrote: »

Heard there better than 142/151 upgraded spec since ags complained and met police have huge issue with there i30s

Who were they bringing into court ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Heard there better than 142/151 upgraded spec since ags complained and met police have huge issue with there i30s

What was wrong with them ?

What was wrong with them ?

Suspension issue, handling & clutches heard some of issues

But when a cars on the road 20 hours a day then you can understand reason why proper patrol cars are need

I think the i40 is great car

• Advertisement

Who were they bringing into court ?

Patrick hutch

Advertisement