Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All Together Now 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

declanleo wrote: »
    Just looked at the ATN website,the free flow policy is in force this year. They also have a rule that you can only bring alcohol with you on arrival to collect your wristband. There is no re-entry with alcohol. I wasn't their last year so I don't know if this was the case last year. I don't intend on missing out this year

Same as last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Teenage Fan club would be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mrk75

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Teenage Fan club would be amazing.

I hear ya. Long overdue an Irish gig at this stage. No Gerry, of course, so it won't be the same but still worth catching...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

declanleo wrote: »
    They also have a rule that you can only bring alcohol with you on arrival to collect your wristband. There is no re-entry with alcohol. I wasn't their last year so I don't know if this was the case last year.

This rule wasn't enforced at all in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I reckon Big Red Machine (Bon Iver/National supergroup)

... and thank you for that little nugget :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Bacchus wrote: »
    ... and thank you for that little nugget :)

Very welcome, if you like them I have to recommend Volcano Choir which is another Bon Iver supergroup.

Volcano Choir are way better imo.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Editors and Franz Ferdinand are touring during the summer and they would be great additions to the festival imo

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Volcano Choir are way better imo.
    As a big fan of all things BI, and while I love BRM, I have to agree..

.. well, one thing I will say is that Repave is an absolute belter - but Unmap is a bit meh!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

Editors and Franz Ferdinand are touring during the summer and they would be great additions to the festival imo

Editors perhaps, but I saw FF at Big Cool in Madrid last year and they weren't great at all. Each to their own, but I don't think they are headliner, or main stage material.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

This is something I have been updating the last month or two to see who is touring around other festivals during the summer. Considering we are getting closer to the announcements and the rumour mill going into over drive the next few weeks maybe some of you other festival fanatics will find this useful to see who might end up at EP or ATN!

Feel free to edit/update if anyone wants to put any other festivals onto the sheet. I should also say that any acts highlighted in red are already playing in Ireland next year so we can rule them out

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17UnkMyZC4cwg_vihcrPOMe5WhbI0phlZ0vs3uo1uTeE/edit?usp=sharing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

good few on the Dekmantel lineup on the same weekend I'd like to see. been a few times before and it's a brilliant festival:

49858018_146495356345956_8731178215715380745_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fdub5-1.fna.fbcdn.net

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Coz

This is something I have been updating the last month or two to see who is touring around other festivals during the summer. Considering we are getting closer to the announcements and the rumour mill going into over drive the next few weeks maybe some of you other festival fanatics will find this useful to see who might end up at EP or ATN!

Wow!! Impressive. I'll be reviewing that over a cup of scauld when the kids are asleep!

51107880_2075625099181068_393234810346143744_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=393a8f74348a8d2aee62f7ab833913e0&oe=5CCC55D1

Id be happy with The Strokes & Caravan Palace from this line up

Lattitude Festival are announcing tomorrow morning as well so i can see them announcing the Strokes too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Less DJs , and more guitars please .........

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Reckon Bloc Party is nailed on.

Band of horses also a strong possibility.

This festival last year shared acts.

https://www.cactusfestival.be/2019/programma_nl.php

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Oh if we got both of them I would be delighted!!! Would love Doves and The Strokes too. Here's hoping

dmm82 wrote: »
    Oh if we got both of them I would be delighted!!! Would love Doves and The Strokes too. Here's hoping

Doves playing in support of Noel Gallagher in June.

Best we can hope for is Electric Picnic, but headlining Body & Soul is also a big possibility.

The Strokes/Voidz tour isn't really coinciding with festivals that normally share with ATN's bookers.

They're may be one or two exceptions Bilbao BBK/Doctor Music being two; but mostly they're sticking to Live Nation/Festival Republic bookers.

Plus they're a bit too big for ATN presently.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah, I'm preparing for heartbreak when the Strokes are announced for EP :pac:

Well that would be splendid. Band of Horses one of my highlights at EP year before last. Funeral the song of the weekend.

Well that would be splendid. Band of Horses one of my highlights at EP year before last. Funeral the song of the weekend.

They were one of the bands i really wanted to see but had to sell my ticket a few weeks before that year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

100% agree. They were amazing

Havent seen BofH since 2010 in the Tripod in Dublin.... Amazing harmonies .
    They would be a great addition.

But like, Fleet Foxes last year at ATN , I don't think they would make a great 'Headliner' on the any night.
    Great bands, but don't really get a crowd going.

greenspurs wrote: »

But like, Fleet Foxes last year at ATN , I don't think they would make a great 'Headliner' on the any night.

Have to politely disagree there.

Fleet Foxes were magical and a great way to close a sunday night.

I imagine The National will have that spot this year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭homosapien91

Totally agree on the point about Fleet Foxes, sure they're a good band but not for a festival, done nothing for me

Have to politely disagree there.

Fleet Foxes were magical and a great way to close a sunday night.

I imagine The National will have that spot this year though.

I agree, they are magical, but people just standing staring, some interested, but mostly not, was a bit of a damp squib for me.
    Imagine watching in Foxes earlier that Sunday lying out in the sun - now that would be magical!

Also imagine in the New Power Generation were playing in Fleet Foxes time slot ? Now that would have been a great finish !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

I agree, they are magical, but people just standing staring, some interested, but mostly not, was a bit of a damp squib for me.
    Imagine watching in Foxes earlier that Sunday lying out in the sun - now that would be magical!

Also imagine in the New Power Generation were playing in Fleet Foxes time slot ? Now that would have been a great finish !!

Yeah I gave up on Fleet Foxes pretty soon. Wasn't doing anything for me.

I agree on Fleet Foxes but Band of Horses had the Electric Arena hopping. I'd take them as headliners.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭PinkCamper

Can anyone throw out a recommendation for camping option? Are pod pads very far away? Two of us, not looking to spend millions... usually do Pink Moon at EP

PinkCamper wrote: »
    Can anyone throw out a recommendation for camping option? Are pod pads very far away? Two of us, not looking to spend millions... usually do Pink Moon at EP

They're laying out the site differently this year.

So unless someone from ATN/podpads organisation can answer it's all guesswork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

They're laying out the site differently this year.

Where did you hear that? Have they announced it?

Advertisement