Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Weather Winter Warmer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

Sensational picking yesterday and holy moleys that fella looks like some pick in the 2.35 by you. Watched his last few races after I saw your tip for him. GL

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PhuckHugh2

Some of the most efficient markets going and not really a subjective matter, yeah there's great value with extra places and specials and what not but I hate it so my opinion is far from unbiased, if it's your cup of tea then fair enough, it's not mine

Fair enough. Not saying the markets are not efficient but it is at least easier to get a bet on.
    Trying to find someone that will take a 50 each way on a 12/1+ shot on the AW is like trying to crack to Enigma code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

PhuckHugh2 wrote: »
    Fair enough. Not saying the markets are not efficient but it is at least easier to get a bet on.
    Trying to find someone that will take a 50 each way on a 12/1+ shot on the AW is like trying to crack to Enigma code.
    It's really not that hard provided you're not betting massive standout arbs. I have very few accounts to work with and manage to get on fine between exchanges and in shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PhuckHugh2

It's really not that hard provided you're not betting massive standout arbs. I have very few accounts to work with and manage to get on fine between exchanges and in shop.

Fair enough.
    Just checked the one good account i have left and i can get 24.99 each way and 4.62 each way on the selections for today.
    I would need to go to a shop. Which isnt really ideal but is an option. Anyway didnt mean to derail the thread. Carry on. Best of luck with the runners today.

PhuckHugh2 wrote: »
    Fair enough.
    Just checked the one good account i have left and i can get 24.99 each way and 4.62 each way on the selections for today.
    I would need to go to a shop. Which isnt really ideal but is an option. Anyway didnt mean to derail the thread. Carry on. Best of luck with the runners today.
    That's not a good account ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

When your account is marked, time to open another one or get someone else to who has no interest in gambling or is trustworthy.

Only wrecking your own head otherwise.

Apologies for mentioning jump racing in here, will do my best to make sure it does not happen again. Two bets at Kempton:

5.45 Kempton: Navajo Star (18/1 365, Coral, BV) 1.5pts EW
    6.45 Kempton: Bug Boy (6/1 Paddy, Ladbrokes) 2.5pts EW

Earlier posted bets at Lingfield:
    2:35 Lingfield: Royal Mezyan (16/1 Generally) 2pts EW
    5:15 Lingfield: Tebay (66/1 Paddy) 1.5pts EW

Stinker yesterday with all bets never looking likely to get involved really, would have done better at Cheltenham.

-15pts

Totals
    Staked 607.00
    Returned 792.07
    P/L 185.07
    ROI 30.49%

Today's stuff at Southwell under the lights:
    5.55 Southwell: Dream Ally (18/1 Ladbrokes paying 4 places 1/5) 1pt EW / Fortinbrass (Ladbrokes paying 4 places 1/5) 0.5pts EW
    7.00 Southwell: Arzaak (10/1 Ladbrokes, Boyles paying 4 places 1/5) 1.5pts EW
    8.00 Southwell: Katie Gale (12/1 Generally) 1pt EW
    8.30 Southwell: Muqarred (25/1 Generally) 1pt Win / Baron Run (16/1 Generally) 1pt Win

Today's stuff at Southwell under the lights:
    5.55 Southwell: Dream Ally (18/1 Ladbrokes paying 4 places 1/5) 1pt EW / Fortinbrass (Ladbrokes paying 4 places 1/5) 0.5pts EW
    7.00 Southwell: Arzaak (10/1 Ladbrokes, Boyles paying 4 places 1/5) 1.5pts EW
    8.00 Southwell: Katie Gale (12/1 Generally) 1pt EW
    8.30 Southwell: Muqarred (25/1 Generally) 1pt Win / Baron Run (16/1 Generally) 1pt Win

Going to top up the stake on Katie Gale now that Seasearch is out and we are down to the 8 runners.

8.00 Southwell: Katie Gale (11/1 Coral, BV, Hills) 1pt EW

• Advertisement

Going to top up the stake on Katie Gale now that Seasearch is out and we are down to the 8 runners.

8.00 Southwell: Katie Gale (11/1 Coral, BV, Hills) 1pt EW

Down to 7 now predictably/unfortunately, not in love with the bet but what's done is done

-8.2pts yesterday

Totals
    Staked 619.00
    Returned 795.87
    P/L 176.87
    ROI 28.57%

Lingfield Bets:
    2.20 Lingfield: Dashing Poet (7/2 Generally) 3pts Win
    4.20 Lingfield: Warning Fire (8/1 BV, 365) 2pts EW

Few bets at Chelmsford and Dundalk to follow later once I get my head straight

Dashing Poet got no luck in running, annoying.

Dundalk bets:
    5.15 Dundalk: De Latour (10/1 Generally) 1pt EW
    6.15 Dundalk: Alcander (4/1 365, Paddy, BV) 2pts EW
    6.45 Dundalk: Poitin (25/1 365) 1pt EW
    7.15 Dundalk: Festina Plente (8/1 BV, Coral) 1.5pts EW
    7.45 Dundalk: Hey Pretty (11/1 365) 1.5pts Win / Very Smart (22/1 365, BV, Boyles) 1pt Win
    8.15 Dundalk: Koybig (16/1 Generally) 1pt EW

Winner alright with second one at Lingfield.

Chelmsford bets:
    4.40 Chelmsford: Vallarta (25/1 Generally) 1pt EW
    6.00 Chelmsford: Zipedeedodah (25/1 Generally) 0.5pt EW
    6.30 Chelmsford: King Robert (6/1 365, BV) 2.5pts EW
    7.30 Chelmsford: Glory Awaits (22/1 365, BV) 1.5pts EW

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Absolutely no interest in all weather racing, but this is an excellent thread.
    Keep up the good work!

+12.7pts today with two winners

Totals
    Staked 652.50
    Returned 842.07
    P/L 189.57
    ROI 29.05%

I see Zipedeedodah was actually withdrawn before start and that's not accounted for in above figures, will sort it out tomorrow

No bets today and no AW racing till Friday and then the turf is starting after that so not many bets left in this thread probably.

Seriously boring week, one ante post bet for the Irish Lincoln on Sunday - yes I know it's not AW but said I would go until the Lincoln at Doncaster and I have to bet on something like, no idea if this runs or not so caution advised.

Naas, Sunday 24th March, Irish Lincoln Handicap: Crownthorpe (14/1 Paddy) 1pt EW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭The Rooster

MH, will you be doing a summer flat racing thread or does your strategy for AW not also work for normal flat racing?

MH, will you be doing a summer flat racing thread or does your strategy for AW not also work for normal flat racing?
    The amount of racing on during the summer makes it very hard work to keep on top of. Might keep something going on just Irish flat racing if I can motivate myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hoganr24

The amount of racing on during the summer makes it very hard work to keep on top of. Might keep something going on just Irish flat racing if I can motivate myself.

Definitely should keep it going. New thread or some sort of Facebook group? Could even offer a paid service too.

Not going to charge money for them because that's a frauds game IMO but hard to see why to do it for free too, not a big user of social media so doubt I'd go that way either. Basically I have no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

Not going to charge money for them because that's a frauds game IMO but hard to see why to do it for free too, not a big user of social media so doubt I'd go that way either. Basically I have no idea.

twitter could be an easy way to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭The Rooster

unplayable wrote: »
    twitter could be an easy way to do it
    If I was good enough to do it, I'd definitely just stick with boards.
    You'd have to have a lot of time on your hands and a hard neck to deal with moderating twitter responses. Here, most of the eejits are weeded out for you by the mods or other posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

^ I find twitter very easy to manage. Just keep an account on private if you want to moderate the loons. The fact that you can get instant notifications when an account tweets is useful too! Be a shame to just stop, even though i'm much more an AW fan than a flat turf fan. Much easier to find winners on AW (imo) as you'll have horses that predominately act on the surface whereas in turf the ground can be tricky to gauge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Could do a 'tips for charity page'- a €50 donation equals access to tips for a month/bi-annually or similar. I suppose that could work on a private twitter page. Might give you the impetus to carry on if there was a charity close to your heart and of course raise a fair chunk!
    That could probably be fairly head wrecking though and is a little hypocritical I suppose.

Can only imagine how tough it is to keep the motivation levels up though- it's been an impressive run regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hoganr24

Mostly Uncertain so haha. But yeah I think you’ve proven to anyone following the thread that you wouldn’t be a fraud if you started charging. Hope the harmless train doesn’t stop though, been great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Lets get Hygge

Haven’t been backing your selections myself but have been following with great interest. Would love to see this thread continue, super picking MH

Advertisement