Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Weather Winter Warmer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Easy game (not really) :)

Got these in an E/W multiple by any chance ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

STB. wrote: »
    Got these in an E/W multiple by any chance ????
    I wish

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Tomw86

Easy game (not really) :)

How confident are you in the last selection?

I see you mention Final Attack also, but for the price (and gamble) on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Tomw86 wrote: »
    How confident are you in the last selection?

I see you mention Final Attack also, but for the price (and gamble) on it?

2 points EW the man said. So with 4 places it's absolutely nailed on to place, and will probably win given the current run, albeit it could come last!

Worried about Final Attack, but are already guaranteed 250? Then a 30 or 40 saver on it, just in case, might not be a bad option.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Tomw86

2 points EW the man said. So with 4 places it's absolutely nailed on to place, and will probably win given the current run, albeit it could come last!

Worried about Final Attack, but are already guaranteed 250? Then a 30 or 40 saver on it, just in case, might not be a bad option.

I like the horses profile having looked at it properly.

Will have a saver on Final Attack and Combo FC on them

• Advertisement

Wouldn't be backing Final Attack at shorter than 7s at least. Sea Shack could get own way in front so likely not worst option for saver if you had to have one. But wouldn't be changing CK bet for anything else myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

3.25 Wolverhampton: Bell Heather (20/1 365, BV) 1pt Win
    3.55 Wolverhampton: Reflektor (8/1 365, BV, Hills) 1pt EW
    5.05 Wolverhampton: Captain Kissinger (12/1 Paddy, Boyles paying 4 places 1/5) 2pts EW

Being forced to abandon Final Attack in 5.05 after missing best of price so we all know what happens now...

Chelmsford bets to come after lunch.

Fantastic MH. Haven’t had a return like that in a few years. Had 3 doubles €1.5 e/w. Returned over 450.

Thanks you very much. You are literally on fire ;-))

Will treat the mother out to a nice dinner on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Had backed a few of your previous ones but decided to go in on all of them today. Some man, got over €100 back on small stakes. Big money for a student!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭del roy

SOME PICKING INDEED, Mh

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

Strong word for Balefire 7.15 Dundalk tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

That is some unbelievable picking today . Well done .

Cheers all.

The bigger bets predictably all blanked but cannot complain after the two double figure winners to kick things off.

+20.4pts

Totals
    Staked 741.00
    Returned 947.17
    P/L 206.17
    ROI 27.82%

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

dk6dk6 wrote: »
    Strong word for Balefire 7.15 Dundalk tomorrow

Backed from 6/1 down to 2/1 already

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Cheers all.

The bigger bets predictably all blanked but cannot complain after the two double figure winners to kick things off.

+20.4pts

Totals
    Staked 741.00
    Returned 947.17
    P/L 206.17
    ROI 27.82%

It didnt even take till saturday to get to 200. Your a genius lad even if i dont get on all of them. Its a joy to watch

Prob have some bets today but not much I liked at Dundalk anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Prob have some bets today but not much I liked at Dundalk anyway.

And there was me hoping that you'd confirm that Sweetest Taboo(12/1) was well in, in the 6.15, but not as well in as Itsalonglongroad(8/1) in the 6.45.

:). Its all downhill from here MH, with the picks over the last few days. These horses are carrying infinitely more weight than they should be, what with the weight of followers!

Sweetest Taboo looks a very tricky one to win with and Itsalonglongroad is similar enough in that needs to be delivered late and come through horses - don't think Manning is the best suited to these types but does deserve to win one.

Anyway..

6.45 Dundalk: Touch Of Gold (25/1 Paddy, Boyles) 1pt EW
    8.15 Dundalk: Tomwontlisten (33/1 Ladbrokes, Boyles paying 4 places 1/5) 1.5pts EW
    8.45 Dundalk: Flamma Clarus (12/1 Paddy paying 4 places 1/5) 1pt EW

Lingfield and Newcastle may or may not have some bets.

2.00 Lingfield: Choral Music (12/1 Generally) 1pt EW
    3.05 Lingfield: George Dryden (11/1 Ladbrokes, Boyles, BV) 1.5pts EW
    8.00 Newcastle: Tina Teaspoon (50/1 Paddy, Boyles paying 4 places 1/5) 1pt EW
    8.30 Newcastle: Haader (33/1 Paddy, Boyles, Ladbrokes) 0.5pt EW

That's the lot.

One more at Dundalk that has now drifted to a backable price:
    6.15 Dundalk: Haqeeba (6/1 Generally) 1pt EW

That's definitely the lot now.

Been out all day, will sort figures out in a bit but just one place to show for it all yesterday.

Thread should be finishing today but will put up the bets for today including some on turf at Navan and Doncaster.

• Advertisement

Turf stuff, always find start of turf tricky so small stakes and high volume:
    2.25 Doncaster: Brian The Snail (18/1 Paddy paying 5 places 1/5) 1pt EW
    2.50 Navan: Downforce (18/1 Paddy paying 4 places 1/5) 1.5pts EW
    3.25 Navan: Brokopondo (25/1 Generally) 1pt EW
    3.35 Doncaster: Great Prospector (18/1 Paddy paying 6 places 1/5) 1pt EW
    5.10 Navan: Gasta (25/1 Hills) 0.5pts EW
    5.20 Doncaster: God Willing (33/1 Generally) 1pt EW
    5.45 Navan: Hidden Spark (40/1 Hills) 0.5pts EW

All Weather stuff:
    3.15 Kempton: Cosmeapolitan (16/1 Boyles paying 5 places 1/5) 1.5pts EW
    7.00 Southwell: Mister Music (12/1 Paddy, Boyles) 2pts Win
    7.30 Southwell: Katie Gale (22/1 Ladbrokes) 2pts EW
    8.30 Southwell: Petras Pony (20/1 Paddy, Hills, BV) 1pt EW

Grim stuff on Saturday with Gasta the only return after finishing 2nd at much shorter price. Brokopondo, Hidden Spark and Katie Gale were all one place out of the places and would have brought things close to parity if they had managed a place but that's the way things go.

That's this thread finished now, will update totals later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,096 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Cheers MH. EXCELLENT!!! I didn't have a chance to back a lot of them unfortunately but I enjoyed keeping up with the thread.

If/when (hopefully) you start a new thread can you stick a link up here in case we miss out? Thanks again.

Final Totals
    Staked 782.00
    Returned 954.20
    P/L 172.20
    ROI 22.02%

Fairly big regression in last couple of days but cannot complain with ROI of over 20% after 350 bets (had exactly 40 places and 40 wins).

Thanks to all for positive comments, hopefully you made a small few quid along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

Final Totals
    Staked 782.00
    Returned 954.20
    P/L 172.20
    ROI 22.02%

Fairly big regression in last couple of days but cannot complain with ROI of over 20% after 350 bets (had exactly 40 places and 40 wins).

Thanks to all for positive comments, hopefully you made a small few quid along the way.

Fantastic thread.

For yourself MH it may be worth going back over your bets and anywhere there was an each way change the place to a win. I.E. if you had 1 pt each way it would change to 2 points win. And see what your P/L would have been then. Might change your thoughts going forward

Fantastic thread.

For yourself MH it may be worth going back over your bets and anywhere there was an each way change the place to a win. I.E. if you had 1 pt each way it would change to 2 points win. And see what your P/L would have been then. Might change your thoughts going forward
    Yeah fully get the theory of that but variance is a killer when you're betting win only at sort of prices I tend to be playing at. It makes sense on paper alright but when you've had a rake of places at big prices that you've bet win only it does not help the mental side of things and keeping the head straight is very important IMO. Just look at it as a sanity tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Yeah fully get the theory of that but variance is a killer when you're betting win only at sort of prices I tend to be playing at. It makes sense on paper alright but when you've had a rake of places at big prices that you've bet win only it does not help the mental side of things and keeping the head straight is very important IMO. Just look at it as a sanity tax.

That's a brilliant point. Seeing some return and getting a bit of the 'glow' as you rack up place money can stop you from souring against the game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Fair play MH some unreal picks over the thread. See ya in November :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Pearlstone

Well done MH and all the best with your flat stuff for the rest of the year. Super selecting and an extremely well made point in relation to the ew aspect. Sanity tax indeed! Keep inflicting max damage to the old enemy!

Advertisement