Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Robinson jailed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭rgossip30

1641 wrote: »
    Killed in Islamic attacks ? So we are being attacked by Islam now. The Islamist extremists are a small minority with Islam. Most attacks and murders by the extremists are against Islamic people.
    You are mirroring the Islamist extremists who attribute events like the NZ murder on "the West" in order to whip up hatred on their side.

You stated most attacks and murders by the extremists are against Islamic people ? You should explain this in more detail if that's is not what you mean ?zI also quoted Wikipedia where a comparison can be made..There is no other site in my search that shows such a comparison.You have shown no proof for your statement .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Odhinn

rgossip30 wrote: »
    Got proof that most attacks are against Islamic people in the west .I cannot link on this tablet 117 attacks in 21 countries 718 killed 782 injured in the past 30 days .Source thereligionofpeace.com. You can also make the comparison using Wikipedia ..

A notorious hate site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭1641

You stated most attacks and murders by the extremists are against Islamic people ? You should explain this in more detail if that's is not what you mean ?zI also quoted Wikipedia where a comparison can be made..There is no other site in my search that shows such a comparison.

There is nothing to explain. I stated that "Most attacks and murders by the extremists are against Islamic people." That's it. You then added "in the west" with a view to debunking something I did not say and by linking to an extremist propadanda site.

Perhaps, you would care to explain?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,174 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

You can make the comparison on Wikipedia which I also quoted for that reason.

Which is why I mentioned peer reviewed research.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

TomSweeney wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/TZOgOBfgXUU

Everything he says here is reasonable and correct

Reasonable and correct? At the start Tommy accuses the journalist of calling him a "muslim hater". The journalist says he didn't write that, it was someone else. Tommy goes on again and accuses him. Journalist said again that it was someone else and he personally took issue with it. Tommy goes on 3 more times asking why "you" call someone that even though he explained twice that he didn't. That's just the first 70 seconds of the interview.
    Then Tommy says he never ever made a statement against muslims. It's Islam he's against, not muslims. He says he's against the idea of islam, not the person. He repeats that over and over. That's also a lie. Link below.
    It's hard to listen to a conversation from someone who blatantly lies about everything.

https://youtu.be/8j7IX_5a_9M

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,174 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Odhinn wrote: »
    A notorious hate site.

I just clicked on it. It looks like P*rnHub for neo-Nazis and White Nationalists.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

There is nothing to explain. I stated that "Most attacks and murders by the extremists are against Islamic people." That's it. You then added "in the west" with a view to debunking something I did not say and by linking to an extremist propadanda site.

Perhaps, you would care to explain?

So have you got proof that 'most attacks and murders are against Islamic people ' ?? I don't need to explain back up your statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

biko wrote: »
    This is how the left is trying to cash in on the gruesome NZ killing by association.
    Unless you can provide proof Tommy instructed the killings then I suggest you stop trying to say it.

#NotAllMuslimsTommies

Oh, and is it islamophobia when there is already over 2000 people killed in Islamic attacks this year only?
    I think being a bit afraid of Islam is fairly reasonable, don't you agree?

I was watching the daily show the other day and Trevor Noah was talking about Trump and the NZ attacks. He was saying that you can't blame trump for the attacks. It's because trying to blame trump, or Stephen/Tommy in this case, is like trying to blame a hurricane on climate change.
    It's not like you can pin a single attack on them, but they do create a climate where this is more likely.

There have been attacks where they've found connections between Tommy/Stephen and the attackers. The Finsbury Mosque attacker had read him.

People like Tommy who try and spread hatred against muslims are either directly or indirectly responsible for these types of crimes. He's stood outside the houses of muslims in Manchester after the manchester Arena bombing and said
    "When you see these communities and you see these houses, you think this is a British community, or you might have British Muslims – they are enemy combatants in these houses. In these houses are enemy combatants who want to kill you, maim you and destroy you."
    He streamed a speech which was written by Generation Identity, a austrian far right group, which promotes racial separatism and ethno-cultural identity.

The guy in NZ didn't develop his ideas in a vacuum. His ideas came from people on the far right like Tommy. And so, just like a hurricane and climate change, we can't say that one led directly to the other. We can just say that one will increase the likelihood of the other.

And no, being afraid of islam is wrong. I'm sitting in an office with Muslims here. Should I be afraid? If I'm in the queue for a plane and see a muslim, should I be afraid? If I'm walking down the street and see a muslim, should I be afraid? How about when i walk past a mosque? I have a copy of the Koran on a bookshelf at home, should I be afraid of my bookshelf?

Yes, I'm afraid of islamic extremists. In the same way I'm afraid of militant republicans in the north. That doesn't mean I'm scared of mary Lou though. And it doesn't mean I'm scared of republicanism in general. Even though Northern Ireland is the most active area for terrorists in Europe. I'm still able to differentiate between someone who's republican and someone who commits violence because of republicanism.

For some reason though many people can't tell the difference between people who are muslim and ISIS. They see a muslim man or woman walking down the street and think they're a threat. Without knowing anything about that person they've decided that they're a threat. That's wrong on so many levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Il Fascista

A notorious hate site.

A good chunk of what's on that site is taken directly from Islamic texts, the rest is recording terrorist attacks by Islamist's. Where does the hate dynamic come into play here? I'd be highly confident if it was a site doing the exact same thing but toward right wing extremists the only claims of hate would be towards the extremists and not the owners of the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,568 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

A good chunk of what's on that site is taken directly from Islamic texts, the rest is recording terrorist attacks by Islamist's. Where does the hate dynamic come into play here? I'd be highly confident if it was a site doing the exact same thing but toward right wing extremists the only claims of hate would be towards the extremists and not the owners of the site.

It's a hate site, pure and simply, trying to legitimize it is more of reflection on you than anything else TBH.

• Advertisement

It's a hate site.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-religion-of-peace/

1.So have you got proof that 'most attacks and murders are against Islamic people ' ?? 2. I don't need to explain back up your statement.

1. "In 2017, researchers with the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism, or START (which is hosted at the University of Maryland), told ABC News that Muslims are "absolutely" the most likely people to be victims of terrorist attacks worldwide. William Braniff, the executive director of START, explained that his team's data showed that the vast majority of terrorist attacks occur in Muslim-majority countries, and that the majority of victims of terrorism are Muslim".

If interested you can read further here and also link to data :
    https://psmag.com/news/most-terrorist-victims-are-muslim

2. I asked you to explain why you claimed I said something in my post which I clearly had not - with a view to enabling you to debunk something which wasn't said. You have chosen not to explain. So be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Grayson wrote: »
    I was watching the daily show the other day and Trevor Noah was talking about Trump and the NZ attacks. He was saying that you can't blame trump for the attacks. It's because trying to blame trump, or Stephen/Tommy in this case, is like trying to blame a hurricane on climate change.
    It's not like you can pin a single attack on them, but they do create a climate where this is more likely.

There have been attacks where they've found connections between Tommy/Stephen and the attackers. The Finsbury Mosque attacker had read him.

People like Tommy who try and spread hatred against muslims are either directly or indirectly responsible for these types of crimes. He's stood outside the houses of muslims in Manchester after the manchester Arena bombing and said

He streamed a speech which was written by Generation Identity, a austrian far right group, which promotes racial separatism and ethno-cultural identity.

The guy in NZ didn't develop his ideas in a vacuum. His ideas came from people on the far right like Tommy. And so, just like a hurricane and climate change, we can't say that one led directly to the other. We can just say that one will increase the likelihood of the other.

And no, being afraid of islam is wrong. I'm sitting in an office with Muslims here. Should I be afraid? If I'm in the queue for a plane and see a muslim, should I be afraid? If I'm walking down the street and see a muslim, should I be afraid? How about when i walk past a mosque? I have a copy of the Koran on a bookshelf at home, should I be afraid of my bookshelf?

Yes, I'm afraid of islamic extremists. In the same way I'm afraid of militant republicans in the north. That doesn't mean I'm scared of mary Lou though. And it doesn't mean I'm scared of republicanism in general. Even though Northern Ireland is the most active area for terrorists in Europe. I'm still able to differentiate between someone who's republican and someone who commits violence because of republicanism.

For some reason though many people can't tell the difference between people who are muslim and ISIS. They see a muslim man or woman walking down the street and think they're a threat. Without knowing anything about that person they've decided that they're a threat. That's wrong on so many levels.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the quote from when he went to a street that had multiple known extremists/attackers/ or people who went off to ISIS (can't remember exactly). If someone had went to a street with multiple known neo nazis and said something similar it would be seen in a heroic light. Now if there was no context and he just went to a muslim area and said the same thing that'd be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I just clicked on it. It looks like P*rnHub for neo-Nazis and White Nationalists.

Hey, you leave p*rnhub out of this.

1. "In 2017, researchers with the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism, or START (which is hosted at the University of Maryland), told ABC News that Muslims are "absolutely" the most likely people to be victims of terrorist attacks worldwide. William Braniff, the executive director of START, explained that his team's data showed that the vast majority of terrorist attacks occur in Muslim-majority countries, and that the majority of victims of terrorism are Muslim".

If interested you can read further here and also link to data :
    https://psmag.com/news/most-terrorist-victims-are-muslim

2. I asked you to explain why you claimed I said something in my post which I clearly had not - with a view to enabling you to debunk something which wasn't said. You have chosen not to explain. So be it.

Most attacks against Muslims are in Muslim countries but not in the west reason I asked for proof on that .

Most attacks against Muslims are in Muslim countries but not in the west reason I asked for proof on that .

You are asking for proof of something that was not said ? Why ? To avoid admitting twisting what was said ?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

A notorious hate site.
    Translation "I don't agree with this, but I cannot refute any of it"

You are asking for proof of something that was not said ? Why ? To avoid admitting twisting what was said ?

I thought you were referring to attacks in the west perpetrated by non Muslims , can you get over it.

It's been classed as such by others and its a term that suits it entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,568 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

No, Translation: it's bat shít notorious hate site.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

He provided a source to back it up.

Boggles wrote: »
    No, Translation: it's bat shít notorious hate site.

You could call this the hate thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

You could call this the hate thread.

Clutching

Might warrant its own thread but Jim Jeffries is coming out a little bad after some hidden camera footage. Very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Might warrant its own thread but Jim Jeffries is coming out a little bad after some hidden camera footage. Very odd.

Who's Jim Jeffries?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

BBFAN wrote: »
    Who's Jim Jeffries?

Whats google?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

BBFAN wrote: »
    Who's Jim Jeffries?

More to the point what does it have to do with tommy robinson?

I think the way that Jim Jeffries presents his reporting mirrors that of the recent attempted bbc panorama effort in which they are prepared to edit to misrepresent and to be just as offensive as their targets off camera.

That's why I thought it was relevant. Sorry I didn't spell it out, I thought it was obvious

(Although I did expect your response so that's why I said it might need its own thread)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I think the way that Jim Jeffries presents his reporting mirrors that of the recent attempted bbc panorama effort in which they are prepared to edit to misrepresent and to be just as offensive as their targets off camera.

That's why I thought it was relevant. Sorry I didn't spell it out, I thought it was obvious

(Although I did expect your response so that's why I said it might need its own thread)

Perhaps you might be good enough to provide a link to whatever you are going on about.

• Advertisement

Perhaps you might be good enough to provide a link to whatever you are going on about.

A quick Google will see you right there chief. Im hesitant to put up any links myself as a lot of the ones that have been put up previously have been disregarded without viewing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement