Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Robinson jailed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,159 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

I disagree. Love him, hate him or be full of indifference, he makes some good points with regards bias in the media in that video. But having said that, Ive watched the video.

Yeah but you already knew about bias in the media so what have you learned?

If you're looking for examples of bigotry and demagoguery by tommy look no further.

Im only about 3mins in (will watch the rest later when the missus goes to bed) and I agree. Some of the rhetoric and language used is nothing short of horrendous. Some of which I had not seen before and it does leave a bad taste in my mouth.

I believe that his views in some of the video you have shown me, he has addressed and said he regrets (still not excusing it) but I understand why people feel how they do about him. Yet I do feel he makes valid points in the other video that was linked earlier.

BBFAN wrote:
    Yeah but you already knew about bias in the media so what have you learned?

I've learned that the BBC are vile. I have no issue with skewing a narrative (actually I do but I expect it) but to CREATE a narrative is beyond the pale.

For example, the Jessie/Jussie Smullet (excuse my spelling) case. He's been proven to be a race baiter and a horrendously bad person. If this was a white person trying to further a white agenda, it would be still front page news. Most outlets did report it, but never pushed it as front page. That's disgusting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

TomSweeney wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/TZOgOBfgXUU

Everything he says here is reasonable and correct

I'm in work and can't listen, perhaps you could articulate what is in the video?

• Advertisement

Billy86 wrote:
    I'm in work and can't listen, perhaps you could articulate what is in the video?

I'd be doing it a disservice chief. It's worth hearing it from his own mouth. But the cliff notes are the fact that he reiterated that he is opposed to Islam and not to Muslims and how the media are turning him into a bogeyman. I recommend you give it a listen when you get a chance

Have you watched this theDunne??

BBFAN wrote:
    Have you watched this theDunne??

Sure have. I responded to it a couple of posts up

Sure have. I responded to it a couple of posts up

Sorry just noticed that, must have been after I posted. And yet you're still trying to justify it by saying he makes some valid points??

Do you not think that he knows by now how to manipulate the media too??

I watched the beginning of that video you posted and from the very start he's making a point of making a video tape so he knew bloody well what he was doing.

He tries to keep a respectable face on when he's on the mainstream media as you call it and doesn't seem to have the intelligence to realise that most people can view the vile poison he spouts at rallys on YouTube in this day and age.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Bet you the people in this thread defending the racist, have unironically referred to another Irish racist/nationalist as a patriot at some point in their lives.

• Advertisement

I'd be doing it a disservice chief. It's worth hearing it from his own mouth. But the cliff notes are the fact that he reiterated that he is opposed to Islam and not to Muslims and how the media are turning him into a bogeyman. I recommend you give it a listen when you get a chance

And yet the video i linked to shows all that to be a lie. and all from his own mouth.

BBFAN wrote:
    Sorry just noticed that, must have been after I posted. And yet you're still trying to justify it by saying he makes some valid points??

Sure. He makes valid points in a video you haven't watched.

He has said some horrific things. I don't stand behind or would ever purport that he speaks for me when he espouses his views in videos that in sure you HAVE watched.

It's multi faceted. Im not saying Tommy Robinson is a good man. Im just saying he isn't the bogeyman which people want to make him

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Seriously guys just look up the song and video by Steve mannix from Australia about Tommy Robinson. It says it all. Tommy Robinson has massive support in Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

TomSweeney wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/TZOgOBfgXUU

Everything he says here is reasonable and correct

Ah yes.

The old, "I felt good after watching this video but I can't for the life of me understand it well enough to form a coherent point so please take 20 odd minutes out of your life and you'll feel good too.".

It's like a feckin' Jordan Peterson thread.

Seriously guys just look up the song and video by Steve mannix from Australia about Tommy Robinson. It says it all. Tommy Robinson has massive support in Australia.

The guy who killed 49 in New Zealand was australian. Was he a fan of tommy?

The guy who killed 49 in New Zealand was australian. Was he a fan of tommy?

Ah now.

Ah now.

Ah now nothing. He didnt pick up his islamaphobia from nowhere. He picked it up because of people like tommy (if not tommy himself) repeating the rhetoric and demagoguery in the video i linked to. Describing all muslims as "enemy combatants" and similar phrases.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ah now nothing. He didnt pick up his islamaphobia from nowhere. He picked it up because of people like tommy (if not tommy himself) repeating the rhetoric and demagoguery in the video i linked to. Describing all muslims as "enemy combatants" and similar phrases.
    This is how the left is trying to cash in on the gruesome NZ killing by association.
    Unless you can provide proof Tommy instructed the killings then I suggest you stop trying to say it.

#NotAllMuslimsTommies

Oh, and is it islamophobia when there is already over 2000 people killed in Islamic attacks this year only?
    I think being a bit afraid of Islam is fairly reasonable, don't you agree?

biko wrote: »
    This is how the left is trying to cash in on the gruesome NZ killing by association.
    Unless you can provide proof Tommy instructed the killings then I suggest you stop trying to say it.

#NotAllMuslimsTommies

You can suggest all you like. The guy in NZ was radicalised by the far right movement. Tommy is part of that movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭1641

#NotAllMuslimsTommies

Oh, and is it islamophobia when there is already over 2000 people killed in Islamic attacks this year only?

Killed in Islamic attacks ? So we are being attacked by Islam now. The Islamist extremists are a small minority with Islam. Most attacks and murders by the extremists are against Islamic people.
    You are mirroring the Islamist extremists who attribute events like the NZ murder on "the West" in order to whip up hatred on their side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Tommy Robinson and someone like Anjem Choudary are two cheeks of the same arse.

Tommy Robinson and someone like Anjem Choudary are two cheeks of the same arse.

Indeed. Both are as reprehensible as each other. Nothing to offer the world but hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

The lunatic who drove a van into a crowd outside a mosque in London killing one man and injuring others was definitely inspired by Robinson's rhetoric. Tommy once stood outside a residential block of apartments and declared "these are enemy combatants, they want to kill and destroy you" etc - it isn't a big leap from portraying Muslims as armed invaders to some crackpot actually acting on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭rgossip30

1641 wrote: »
    Killed in Islamic attacks ? So we are being attacked by Islam now. The Islamist extremists are a small minority with Islam. Most attacks and murders by the extremists are against Islamic people.
    You are mirroring the Islamist extremists who attribute events like the NZ murder on "the West" in order to whip up hatred on their side.

Got proof that most attacks are against Islamic people in the west .I cannot link on this tablet 117 attacks in 21 countries 718 killed 782 injured in the past 30 days .Source thereligionofpeace.com. You can also make the comparison using Wikipedia ..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,244 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

rgossip30 wrote: »
    Got proof that most attacks are against Islamic people in the west .I cannot link on this tablet 117 attacks in 21 countries 718 killed 782 injured in the past 30 days .Source thereligionofpeace.com. You can also make the comparison using Wikipedia ..

Tablets can post links. That site looks like a cesspit of drivel though so I won't bother.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

#NotAllMuslimsTommies

Where was the Catholophobia in the 80's when Irish Republican CATHOLICS were bombing the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭1641

Got proof that most attacks are against Islamic people in the west .I cannot link on this tablet 117 attacks in 21 countries 718 killed 782 injured in the past 30 days .Source thereligionofpeace.com.

1 I never said that most attacks were against islamic people in the West - neither did the poster I was replying to. You introduced this. Was this an innocent mistake on your part?

2 I had a look at the site you referenced.It did refer to 718 people killed in the last 30 days. Most of those attacks listed are not "in the west" - they are in islamic parts of the world. I don't know the indididual identities of the victims but even from the reports on the site, the majority are most likely of islamic background. As in my original point.

3. The site "religionofpeace" is clearly ironically and mockingly named and is clearly, even by its own words, an anti-islamic propandanda site, eg " The purpose is to counter whitewashing and explain the threat that Islam truly poses to human dignity and freedom, as well as the violence and dysfunction that ensues as a direct consequence of this religion's supremacist ideology".

According to mediabias/factcheck (https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-religion-of-peace/) "we rate The Religion of Peace as Questionable for having an extreme right wing bias, promotion of conspiracy/propaganda and hate group tendencies".

4 So was your introduction of the term "the west" an innocent mistake? Not.

Tablets can post links. That site looks like a cesspit of drivel though so I won't bother.

The keyboard on the tablet does not work so I am just using the screen touch board .I hope it's acceptable.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,244 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The keyboard on the tablet does not work so I am just using the screen touch board .I hope it's acceptable.

Any site with that name is almost certainly pushing white nationalism. No thanks. Feel free to post some peer reviewed research.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

Any site with that name is almost certainly pushing white nationalism. No thanks. Feel free to post some peer reviewed research.

You can make the comparison on Wikipedia which I also quoted for that reason.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement