Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Off Topic Thread (2015/16)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

kb98 wrote: »
    Aiming for RCSI but is take anywhere i can get haha. You?
    Trinity hopefully but the RCSI or anywhere else would be cool too! :P

I'd love to go abroad though, so I think I might try to go for UCAS too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭kb98

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    Trinity hopefully but the RCSI or anywhere else would be cool too! :P

I'd love to go abroad though, so I think I might try to go for UCAS too :)

Im going to try get anywhere in ireland, if i don't i will try europe, don't think i can do uk anymore because they all need chemistry as far as i can see and i couldn't do that :/

Im going to try get anywhere in ireland, if i don't i will try europe, don't think i can do uk anymore because they all need chemistry as far as i can see and i couldn't do that :/
    Europe would be really cool too! Ah no really? Could you not try to do Chemistry at home by yourself? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭FifaPlaya

Scotland,Sweden and Norway has free 3rd level education

FifaPlaya wrote: »
    Scotland,Sweden and Norway has free 3rd level education
    Also ASFAIK Italy have medical courses taught through English. Not sure about the fees though!

• Advertisement

Europe would be really cool too! Ah no really? Could you not try to do Chemistry at home by yourself? :o

Well i could have but i went for business instead cuz i find it an easy A, its one of my best, also felt 3 sciences was bad if i wanted something else in uni. Tbh im already doing French outside an possible applied maths in school when i go back so i think 9 is enough hahah

Well i could have but i went for business instead cuz i find it an easy A, its one of my best, also felt 3 sciences was bad if i wanted something else in uni. Tbh im already doing French outside an possible applied maths in school when i go back so i think 9 is enough hahah
    Oh yeah I get you.. I'll probably have to do French outside by myself as well, for matriculation. French was my worse subject for JC (the only C I got :mad: ) so I dropped it for 4th year. I'm going to try to take it back up again though. So I'll be doing 9 as well which is kinda stupid but I'll see how it goes :eek:

Thats well more than enough

I might end up not doing applied maths im just considering it now, we only have to decide in September

I might end up not doing applied maths im just considering it now, we only have to decide in September

I can change subjects in september if i dont like them or have second thoughts

• Advertisement

If it's any use to you I don't really like Applied Maths :p I only keep it on because I've gotten straight As so far. It's not very difficult but it's basically just another Maths subject. There's not as much Physics and stuff involved as I thought. You might like it more than I do though! :O

If it's any use to you I don't really like Applied Maths :p I only keep it on because I've gotten straight As so far. It's not very difficult but it's basically just another Maths subject. There's not as much Physics and stuff involved as I thought. You might like it more than I do though! :O

Is it harder/easier than normal maths?

I can change subjects in september if i dont like them or have second thoughts

Lucky

Lucky

Thats what i notice as the difference between public and private school is the flexibiliy

Is it harder/easier than normal maths?
    I don't even really know tbh :p It's hard to compare! It's a completely different subject but it's very very mathsy (I really should have known that since it is called Applied Maths). It's almost completely sum-based whereas I thought there'd be more theory or whatever! A lot of people just made it seem ridiculously easy to me before I did it :P
    Thats what i notice as the difference between public and private school is the flexibiliy
    My school is public and it's probably one of the best schools in Cork. The teachers are great but so are the students. I think the dynamic between the teachers and students is the key to how successful it is. Not how much money you spend there.

My school is public and it's probably one of the best schools in Cork. The teachers are great but so are the students. I think the dynamic between the teachers and students is the key to how successful it is. Not how much money you spend there.

Youre very lucky and its a different situation in the part of dublin im from (despire this school claiming to be one of the best in ireland) and this is just based on my own experiences. And your right the standard is not based on the fees

How is everyone on this spending their last days before starting the lc cycle?

How is everyone on this spending their last days before starting the lc cycle?
    Going out tonight :D Just gonna relax and watch as much Netflix as possible between now and the 26th! :pac:

How about you?

Going out tonight :D Just gonna relax and watch as much Netflix as possible between now and the 26th! :pac:

How about you?

Repainting and redecorating my room ,going football training and maybe watching matches and new movies on the internet and maybe go on netflix

The holidays feel long and boring

• Advertisement

The holidays feel long and boring

So true

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭daviecronin

Do you know what we need 2 months summer and 4 day weeks now that would be nice :)))))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Consonata

I'm actually looking forward to school. I dunno about anybody else :P. I've been doing stuff on Duolingo to get a head start in french and Ive covered a few questions in Applied maths. Anybody else do anything academic during the summer?

Consonata wrote: »
    I'm actually looking forward to school. I dunno about anybody else :P. I've been doing stuff on Duolingo to get a head start in french and Ive covered a few questions in Applied maths. Anybody else do anything academic during the summer?

I did a small bit of revision today

I did a small bit of revision today

I read some lc books

I read some lc books

We start after-school study like a day after we get back so i will wait til then to really start the hard work

We start after-school study like a day after we get back so i will wait til then to really start the hard work

Same. My school starts this on the 1st of september

Same. My school starts this on the 1st of september

Same

Same

Its on from 3.30-5.00 and from 3.30-8.00 for 6th years

• Advertisement