Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭gumgum1

sorry didn't make my message clear i was just asking if anyone had paid in full and used it to there advantage i don't want half price sport or would have ordered it when i was setting up i was just using it as an example its just an after taught that i might just pay them the money up front but had asked people and they taught you couldn't do so i said i ask here :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭kilkennykitten

When does this offer expire does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Button09

27th of sept

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Tusky wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how much the following will cost. The website seems to have offers built in so it's difficult to get the real cost with this offer.

Sky Entertainment + Sports.

and

Sky Entertainment Extra + Sports.

Thanks!

(Is the extra really worth it?)

The extra is €8 (€4 half price) more than the entertainment package. You get all the documentary & music channels and ESPN classic, Bio, SS News and a few more. You also get twice as many HD channels if you have HD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Button09 wrote: »
    27th of sept

People in contract that cancel will still get a callback with the offer. Thats not ending on the 27th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭Hailhail1967

Right just to clarify:

I personally called up sky today to get this deal for my parents. Never customers before, no letter in name etc etc. I quoted the offer. I was put on hold for about 20 seconds and the guy on the phone asked me, when I got the letter, I said I don't know when it came through the door but I have it here beside me. He said "thats fine, its a great deal you are very lucky". That was it he signed it all up for me.
    So if anyone still wants this I would still be calling up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

Allyall wrote: »
    I am genuinely thinking of cancelling sky at the minute anyway. This *may* sway me.

I was looking a the new Horizon box UPC are bringing out. and their prices.
    Also don't have to get extra rooms..

I'll see if they offer me this, if not.. I'll cancel.

The horizon box will hit Ireland in the first three months of 2013. From what I've seen of it it'll blow Sky out of the water In Terms of its EPG and features. Also get 50mb bundled Broadband with it if needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Off to google "horizon box" :o.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Off to google "horizon box" :o.

There's a thread here
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056579482?page=6#post_80863553
    Hope it helps...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Got this deal earlier today - no problems. Thanks for the advice and also to the OP.

Eamo71 wrote: »
    The horizon box will hit Ireland in the first three months of 2013. From what I've seen of it it'll blow Sky out of the water In Terms of its EPG and features. Also get 50mb bundled Broadband with it if needed.

Price is what the vast majority of people care about. If it works out cheaper ill go back when my 12 months 1/2 price run out.

Video preview here

• Registered Users Posts: 48 MadDad

Thanks to the op

Thinking of trying for this offer but would like 3 x multiroom which I have with upc?

Is this feasibile with a upc phone, do all boxes need to be connected to a phone line?

MadDad wrote: »
    Thanks to the op

Thinking of trying for this offer but would like 3 x multiroom which I have with upc?

Is this feasibile with a upc phone, do all boxes need to be connected to a phone line?

Id stick with UPC unless your willing to fork out big.

15 quid a room and has to be connected to phoneline.

Not much of a benefit i would say.

Media999 wrote: »
    Id stick with UPC unless your willing to fork out big.

15 quid a room and has to be connected to phoneline.

Not much of a benefit i would say.

Thanks Media as part of the 12 mth 1/2 price offer they offered me €15 p/month for multiroom x3. So I will be saving money for the 12 months. My concern is the phone cables everywhere and if possible with a upc phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

€15 p/month for multiroom x3.

I assume that's €45 a month for the 3 extra?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I was wondering the same, I only ordered 1 extra box but they made out like you could add others and it would still only be €15pm.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    I assume that's €45 a month for the 3 extra?
    I was wondering the same, I only ordered 1 extra box but they made out like you could add others and it would still only be €15pm.

I was charged €15 p/month total for all 3 extra boxes for the 12 months.

I own two boxes from a few years back and I am getting the two free boxes as part of offer

Great offer along with the half price for 12 mths. Just the amount of cabling putting me off. Wondering wether to still go ahead. I still haven't had an answer if all three boxes will require connection to the one upc line or if this could cause a problem, anyone help?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,785 ✭✭✭Trampas

got half price for 6 months no contract for been a current customer.

that will do me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

Trampas wrote: »
    got half price for 6 months no contract for been a current customer.

that will do me

OK I've tried ringing twice. First time I got offered 25% off for 12 months but had to sign a 12 month contract( current customer) that was the downgrades dept
    Second time I rang thru to cancellation and threatened to cancel I was offered nada. I am just talking to the wrong people I think!!

tweety76 wrote: »
    OK I've tried ringing twice. First time I got offered 25% off for 12 months but had to sign a 12 month contract( current customer) that was the downgrades dept
    Second time I rang thru to cancellation and threatened to cancel I was offered nada. I am just talking to the wrong people I think!!

I rang up and was talking the non irish department i think. he was all over the place. wanted to know when I received the letter (didn't get one). didn't want to give it so i said just put me through to cancellations.

I just told them about the offer and not getting it I was cancelling. She offered me €15 off to bring me down to €48 so I still said no. She put me through to her supervisior who offered me the half price for 6 months no contract without even thinking.

I tried to chance my arm on getting an hd box but he just gave me a number for it but wasn't to bothered to be honest. will try that the next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭kilkennykitten

I'm moving into a new apartment and am going to give them a ring over the weekend about this and just wanted to ask a couple of questions.

There is a phone line in the apartment but I am not getting it connected as I just use my mobile so will this be a problem? I won't be using multiroom.

How long does it take them to arrive after they take my details? A few weeks?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Hannibal

I rang up and got this offer no problems after quoting the "Irelands number 1 offer", I got through to the Cork department.

I also got the HD and multiroom for €15 each and 1TB box for an extra €50, so it's a total of €79 per month so no complaints with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

I signed up yesterday, was asked do I have a phone line and I got charged the connection fee on the spot. I should have lied and pretended to the engineer I misunderstood and see if I got charged it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,560 ✭✭✭celt262

Balmed Out wrote: »
    I signed up yesterday, was asked do I have a phone line and I got charged the connection fee on the spot. I should have lied and pretended to the engineer I misunderstood and see if I got charged it.

When i got connected last week the engineer didn't even ask if i had a phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

tweety76 wrote: »

Cancel and then call back up to reinstate your account and you'll get it. I did.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 VINCWM

seems a bit strange to me...

I own two boxes from a few years back and I am getting the two free boxes as part of offer

Great offer along with the half price for 12 mths. Just the amount of cabling putting me off. Wondering wether to still go ahead. I still haven't had an answer if all three boxes will require connection to the one upc line or if this could cause a problem, anyone help?

If that 15 for 3 rooms thats real good. It will work fine with UPC phone line as long as your keeping it active.
    I'm moving into a new apartment and am going to give them a ring over the weekend about this and just wanted to ask a couple of questions.

There is a phone line in the apartment but I am not getting it connected as I just use my mobile so will this be a problem? I won't be using multiroom.

How long does it take them to arrive after they take my details? A few weeks?

Thanks.

Not available in apartments.

Maybe just ring and dont lie but dont tell the truth if you know what i mean. A few pages back someone did and got the offer in an apartment. If they ask you something like will the engineer have any problems fitting it you just say no. really depends who your speaking to and what youre like speaking.

just thinking will everyone who signs up for 12 months be stuck when sky up their prices next year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭N17er

just thinking will everyone who signs up for 12 months be stuck when sky up their prices next year?

Its a 12 month contract?
    You can just cancel it or go back to basic package after the 12 months are up.

Maybe after the 12 months the offer will still be around and those of us who cancelled and resigned in oh's name can cancel that and resign in our own name again, it becomes a cycle of cancelling and resigning on reduced rates.

I would cancel if no deal was running on the price.

Who says they are upping their prices?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Well iirc they were trumpeting the fact that they were holding prices for a full year earlier this year. You can be sure there will be a price increase next August or thereabouts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,309 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Well iirc they were trumpeting the fact that they were holding prices for a full year earlier this year. You can be sure there will be a price increase next August or thereabouts.
    The only commitment from Sky that I have heard or seen was that they were freezing their prices until 2013. I think that particular commitment began over a year ago but I dont believe they ever specified an exact date in 2013

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

They've been saying 2013 on TV, letters, everywhere for near....2 years now.

A contracts a Contract though, can't up your price until renewal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

muffler wrote: »
    The only commitment from Sky that I have heard or seen was that they were freezing their prices until 2013. I think that particular commitment began over a year ago but I dont believe they ever specified an exact date in 2013

Yea, thats what I'm trying to recall. Of course they won't/can't increase until you renew. But with $ky having to fund the footy bigtime from next season again, then all bets are off on a 2013 price increase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo no no no , I only went back to UPC ( which I hate ) because their multi room was cheaper :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

thats my plan anyway:p

whats the story when they ask ya about the phone line ?

do you say you havent got one to avoid some charge or what ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

thats my plan anyway:p

whats the story when they ask ya about the phone line ?

do you say you havent got one to avoid some charge or what ?

Give them a random landline number if they ask.Just make one up.Some of their call centre staff may mention the 'no landline charge',if they don't mention it then say nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭phormium

Just called now, said I had received offer, asked what was the offer, told them 12.50 for 12 months, said grand and it's all set up now for installation next Saturday. Thanks OP.

Karen23 wrote: »
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo no no no , I only went back to UPC ( which I hate ) because their multi room was cheaper :mad:

cooling off period?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭martin_090

Just rang sky and went to cancel my package, she offered me 25% off and said the offer was over. i said no i defo want to cancel and she put me through to a
    supervisor who told me the offer was over on the friday 23rd and i was too late. i told him it clearly says 27th of leafet but he said no way.

got offered sky enter extra and movies for 45 a month with a new sky box

i asked about adding HD but he said that was 15 euro a month extra and i had to keep the hd for 12 months i couldnt just get it for christmas.

did i get a good deal or should i keep telling them the deal is till the 27th or am i trying to get blood from a stone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

phormium wrote: »
    Just called now, said I had received offer, asked what was the offer, told them 12.50 for 12 months, said grand and it's all set up now for installation next Saturday. Thanks OP.
    martin_090 wrote: »
    Just rang sky and went to cancel my package, she offered me 25% off and said the offer was over. i said no i defo want to cancel and she put me through to a
    supervisor who told me the offer was over on the friday 23rd and i was too late. i told him it clearly says 27th of leafet but he said no way.

i asked about adding HD but he said that was 15 euro a month extra and i had to keep the hd for 12 months i couldnt just get it for christmas.

did i get a good deal or should i keep telling them the deal is till the 27th or am i trying to get blood from a stone.
    looks like youve been had

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

keep going but be warned im in my 2nd week of fighting with them but its a different issue

Todays the 23rd.

Ask for the details of his superior and the details of how to make an official written complaint. Tell him that you would also like a SAR (Subject access request)(log of all your interactions to Sky including what they said and how they lied to you in written form from them to you. They cant tamper with this as its a legal document.)

Tell them that as soon as you get the SAR request you will be writing to his superior, The complaints department and Comreg about the lies which he made to you. Keep on calling the Supervisor by his name to make sure he knows who he is talking to. Tell him all you want is what others have been given and you dont appreciate being lied to. If he insists again tell him that youll gladly send on the image in the first post on boards.ie (pretend you scanned it) but tell him if he wants it sent youll definitely be lodging an official complaint to his superiors about the treatment you received and the lies you where told.

Problem with these boys is accountability. There brave men on the end of a phone. Follow the official channels and theyll soon realise there not brave at all.

Bit excessive ain't it?

He seems to have rang up threatening to cancel in the hope of getting a better deal, they have offered him 25% off which they didn't have to. When I rang to cancel I was offered nothing, still haven't got a phone call either offering a deal to re-sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,309 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Ask for the details of his superior and the details of how to make an official written complaint. Tell him that you would also like a SAR (Subject access request)(log of all your interactions to Sky including what they said and how they lied to you in written form from them to you. They cant tamper with this as its a legal document.)
    I dont think you're giving good advice here at all. The person you quoted is an existing Sky customer and Sky are under no obligation to make any customer an offer. So why would you suggest that he/she should act very irrationally and end up making a fool of their self?

writing to his superior, The complaints department and Comreg
    Again this is all wrong and a complete over-reaction to a situation where Sky havent done anything wrong. Comreg have absolutely nothing to do with complaints about Sky in any event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Button09

i think great to get any offer, ive been a customer for the past ten years with no gaps in payments, rang up once last year and once this year and treatened to cancel and havent got any discount... would be lost with out sky
    i dont think putting in a complaint would work as they prob have a database showing who actually got theses letters

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I was a Sky customer in the past and going to phone up in the afternoon to avail of this offer, cheapest way to get a dish/cabling/HD box with 12months viewing thrown in.
    In 12months I'll be gone and just go FTA.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Just off the phone from our friends in Sky, yer man just wanted the reference to the offer and plain sailing thereafter.
    He did say the offer was open until 27th of OCTOBER but that could have been a booby on his behalf.
    It's the installation and equipment I'm after at with Sky channels for a year it's a snip at that price.
    Plenty of other ways to waste €150.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭bazmc35

If your out of contract and cancel they will contact you before the stations get switched off offering you 12 months @ 50% off to sign a new 12 month contract and not cancel fully.

Theyll offer you 3 and 6 before that before you cancel.

Is this 100% fact I wonder? I'm in bother with the missus told her to cancel saying they'd offer her the 50% off for the year they offered her the 50% off 6 months but she told them to cancel, which they did and she is now freaking out about her beloved sky being cancelled! Generally how long after you cancel do they call?

bazmc35 wrote: »
    Is this 100% fact I wonder? I'm in bother with the missus told her to cancel saying they'd offer her the 50% off for the year they offered her the 50% off 6 months but she told them to cancel, which they did and she is now freaking out about her beloved sky being cancelled! Generally how long after you cancel do they call?

If you live together just sign in your name.

I couldn't tell you if they will call or not, I cancelled about a week ago and haven't got a call, I got a letter saying Sky will miss me... but no offer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement