Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X -Music

Options
  • 25-09-2008 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭

Has anyone heard about the New 15,000 sq feet X-MUSIC store near the Red Cow.

It looks like it's going to be some operation. There'll be a Fender Store and a Roland Planet within it.

Should be interesting for the retail sector here .....

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭fitz

Yeah, got a press release about it sent onto me by a friend.
    Looks like it'll be something like a Thomann superstore...
    Bad news for shops in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

fitz wrote: »
    Yeah, got a press release about it sent onto me by a friend.
    Looks like it'll be something like a Thomann superstore...
    Bad news for shops in town.

Good News for Consumers, more importantly. I'm looking forward to them doing well.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭fitz

Absolutely Paul, hopefully they'll be competative with their pricing in comparison to the online options. I've no sympathy for the city centre shops either tbh. They've had long enough to adjust their business models. If this hurts them, they've no-one to blame but themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    Has anyone heard about the New 15,000 sq feet X-MUSIC store near the Red Cow.

It looks like it's going to be some operation. There'll be a Fender Store and a Roland Planet within it.

Should be interesting for the retail sector here .....
    News to me?? This type of thing has been long overdue IMHO. Just hope it's not a massive let down.

edit: seems to be happening alright http://www.xmusic.ie/

fitz wrote: »
    They've had long enough to adjust their business models. If this hurts them, they've no-one to blame but themselves.

Agreed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Hmmmm....let's just hope they last.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Woah! This will be very interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

1. Great news for many reasons:

I went into 3 guitar shops in the city and rang a guitar repair guy and not one had a plastic top for my treble switcher on my telecaster.

Pathetic

Any studio audio gear in town is definitely over priced rubbish

News:
    Monster music just closed down and is in liquidation

Musician Inc are also setting up a new store in the Red cow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

dav nagle wrote: »

News:
    Monster music just closed down and is in liquidation

Wow, Monster music were still open??
    Is the Musician Inc shop at the Red Cow in addition to Drury St.? I see it says they are expanding on their window. I just thought they were making the shop bigger.

Musician Inc's management is involved in X-Music ..... and apparently it's 23,000 sq ft on 3 floors in two adjoining units...

• Advertisement

Musician Inc's management is involved in X-Music ..... and apparently it's 23,000 sq ft on 3 floors in two adjoining units...
    Wow! Fair play to them

Hmm very knowledgeable on the subject...whaddya selling! :D:D

A-ha....

From http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055369309&page=3

Hi folks, just found this thread. I'm Steve from Musician Inc and I'll clear it all up for you. After 20 years of trading, we're expanding the store. 27 Drury St will be sold and number 26 will reopen as X-Music. We will also have a 23,000 square ft super store out at the Redcow. Fear not, it's only about 20 mins out of town on the Luas and extremely handy if on the M50 (we also have plenty of free parking). We will have a comprehensive Drum department, studio room, stage for gear demos/instore gigs, a coffee area so your folks don't go crazy while you play and Ireland's first 'Planet Roland'. The guitar floor will be somewhere in the region of 10,000 square ft and will give us the space to stock a better range of the good stuff. There will also be a web site to match: www.x-music.ie All prices will be the same, in store and on the web. Our current launch date is the 3rd and 4th of October to coincide with the Music Show in the RDS. In the meantime,all of us here at Musician Inc would like to thank you all for your support over the last 20 years and look forward to seeing you in the biggest music shop in Ireland and the UK.

Stephen O'Brien
    Sales Manager
    Musician Inc/X Music

I was out there today!

We'll probably be supplying them with sE mics, Audient stuff and Auralex.

I'd heard it was going to be a big deal but the place is proper big! I was very impressed.

They're just going through their snag list at the moment so there's no stock there or anything, I believe they're opening in October.

I'd not really heard much bar a few rumours 'til the last couple of weeks - quite a few staff have been half-inched from shops in town.

A-ha....

From http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055369309&page=3

Hi folks, just found this thread. I'm Steve from Musician Inc and I'll clear it all up for you. After 20 years of trading, we're expanding the store. 27 Drury St will be sold and number 26 will reopen as X-Music. We will also have a 23,000 square ft super store out at the Redcow. Fear not, it's only about 20 mins out of town on the Luas and extremely handy if on the M50 (we also have plenty of free parking). We will have a comprehensive Drum department, studio room, stage for gear demos/instore gigs, a coffee area so your folks don't go crazy while you play and Ireland's first 'Planet Roland'. The guitar floor will be somewhere in the region of 10,000 square ft and will give us the space to stock a better range of the good stuff. There will also be a web site to match: www.x-music.ie All prices will be the same, in store and on the web. Our current launch date is the 3rd and 4th of October to coincide with the Music Show in the RDS. In the meantime,all of us here at Musician Inc would like to thank you all for your support over the last 20 years and look forward to seeing you in the biggest music shop in Ireland and the UK.

Stephen O'Brien
    Sales Manager
    Musician Inc/X Music

I remember him from when I was working in Da Maker.... nice chap.

I remember him from when I was working in Da Maker.... nice chap.

He is a legend, great guitar tech and as has been serving me for 17 years

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

i'll be delighted if they can compete with 'the internet'.

still be a nice place to try stuff out if not.

One can only hope they don't aim absolutely everything to the el cheapo chrimbo guitar pack end of the market.

Sounds very promising though.

The UK (Digital village) is an excellent example of people who know their stuff and will help, refund without any nonsense. I hope this new shop has absolutely a no nonsense policy. By that I mean people in their correct positions and that the overall staff are well educated on every area. Great customer service goes a very long way.

The UK (Digital village) is an excellent example of people who know their stuff and will help, refund without any nonsense.

They don't sort you out at half six on a Thursday evening though, do they ....?

• Advertisement

Lads, it sounds great and all...but is the demand really there? Think of the inventory costs (if it's going to be all they say it is)

They don't sort you out at half six on a Thursday evening though, do they ....?

No they don't!
    I take my hat off too you!!

You never miss a beat do you Paul59680d1197132551-darth-revan-versus-darth-vader-darthvader-medicom-_03.jpg

At the same time I am sure they stay open on Friday!! :eek:

TelePaul wrote: »
    but is the demand really there?

They seem to think so, it's kind of up to you guys isn't it?

No they don't!
    I take my hat off too you!!

You never miss a beat do you Paul59680d1197132551-darth-revan-versus-darth-vader-darthvader-medicom-_03.jpg

At the same time I am sure they stay open on Friday!! :eek:

As are we!

They seem to think so, it's kind of up to you guys isn't it?

I think it's a matter of scale. I don't care how big they are, if I can buy non-essential gear for cheaper off thomann, I probably will, you know?

Scale is one of those funny things. I don't think they'll manage to leverage scale economies...not like, say, Guitar Centre.

I admire them putting their money where their mouths are, especially in this climate.

It would be good for all of us if they succeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

Stephen, Will there be a special discount for boards members?:D

Will there be any opening day specials etc

It would be good for all of us if they succeed.

The only reason I havn't visited your shop is because I don't have 5K to drop on pro-audio gear!

TelePaul wrote: »
    The only reason I havn't visited your shop is because I don't have 5K to drop on pro-audio gear!

All in the fullness of time!

• Advertisement

All in the fullness of time!

Let's hope so! I remember I was in Goodwins on Capel Street one day - bout four years ago - looking for a condensor mic. I think they ahd some entry-level M-Audio stuff. The guy was like "Listen, if you're serious about this, just go to the Audio Warehouse." I googled you and figured my budget probably didn't stretch that far!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement