Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nations cup November 2020 GENERAL THREAD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

TMO is getting very involved here

• Administrators Posts: 54,105 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

England will win this once they start to play. Wales are so average.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,722 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Wales seriously struggling at their own rucks to protect the ball. So poor considering where they were a year ago

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Ford should have put a grubber in there

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭thepogues

Some tackle on May, lifted up and dumped. Ireland could learn a thing or two!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

England taking lessons on disguising shoulder charges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭adam240610

The reffing has been questionable... High no arm table not even a penalty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

How was that not high?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,602 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

degsie wrote: »
    Ref playing no. 16 for England

Some baffling decisions going England’s way here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

TMO is shafting Wales

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭kuang1

Shoulder to the chin surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Qwertyup64

15 is lucky to be on the pitch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Ireland would put 50 on this England side. rabble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭OldRio

The standard of Rugby in this and all the other matches has been really disappointing.

woeful woeful refereeing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

adam240610 wrote: »
    The reffing has been questionable... High no arm table not even a penalty

Gauzere closest to it. Not surprised after he missed 3 headlocks last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭TomsOnTheRoof

Standard of refereeing in the game at the moment is very poor. Póite missed the high hit from Daly, awarded Halfpenny a penalty when he was second man in, ignored Curry in the side and gave England a scrum penalty after Vunipola went to ground because he had his feet too far back.

Really really bad and a terrible advertisement for the game. Complete incompetence.

Pretty poor in terms of the rugby and refereeing. Not sure what to make of it. Are England off the pace or are Wales not the complete shambles they've looked like in recent weeks? Or both?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭conor678

Interesting game. Wales have fronted up well but you feel England will pull away in the second half.

On a side note been listening to alot of rugby podcasts and they're all going on about how England are the best in the world. Feel it's a bit harsh on South Africa who were the only team I have seen recently bully England round the place and force them to make errors. Would love to see a South Africa England game soon

conor678 wrote: »
    Interesting game. Wales have fronted up well but you feel England will pull away in the second half.

On a side note been listening to alot of rugby podcasts and they're all going on about how England are the best in the world. Feel it's a bit harsh on South Africa who were the only team I have seen recently bully England round the place and force them to make errors. Would love to see a South Africa England game soon

Probably the best team playing right now. South Africa haven't played a game in ages so it's impossible to say how they'd be going right now. France and NZ are inconsistent at best and look like teams in transition. England are a more settled team.

I think Argentina could do a real number on England personally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭conor678

That would be a very interesting game. A fired up Argentine with a point to prove would be good.

I also wonder how France will do against England. The French pack would be a good match for them, that's if the old cliche of which France turns up occurs.

England will pull away and win by 11 in the second half I reckon.

What is on top of the rugby posts, look like pots?

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

degsie wrote: »
    What is on top of the rugby posts, look like pots?
    Yeah quinnell was talking about it recently, is to do with the big iron industry they used to have in Swansea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

guapos wrote: »
    Yeah quinnell was talking about it recently, is to do with the big iron industry they used to have in Swansea
    Match traditions
    As a link to the club's team anthem Sosban Fach, there were sosbenni on top of the uprights of both sets of posts at Stradey Park. The saucepans were installed at Parc y Scarlets.
    Why would Llanelli commemorate something to do with Swansea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Why would Llanelli commemorate something to do with Swansea?

Llanelli : The club's nickname is "Sosban Fach", a Welsh song meaning "Little Saucepan"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Why is the TMO getting involved here? It was a deliberate knock on but surely they got enough advantage?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

You knew how the refs performance would go when that tackle in the air was ignored despite the TMO saying it was illegal, one of the worst calls I’ve seen in recent times...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭OldRio

What an utterly dreadful game of Rugby that was. Desperate.

Wales are good enough to hang in their with the top teams but their attack is non exsistent. They haven’t come within an asses roar of creating a try scoring opportunity against Ireland or England and honestly I don’t see how it improves under Pivac, in 10 months they really haven’t shown much at all.

• Advertisement

Ellis Genge should cop a hefty ban. Chucked his head into Tom Francis near the end

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Ellis Genge should cop a hefty ban. Chucked his head into Tom Francis near the end

Daly might cop a ban too.

Lovely try by the Italians!

Italy have a real talent at shooting themselves in the foot, you knew when Garbisi kicked that out on the full that it was going to inevitably lead to a France try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,795 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

The Italian's would drive you insane, they so often shoot themselves in the foot.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭fitz

Really?!
    Don't think that's even a penalty tbh, he has a fingertip from controlling that.
    Very harsh from Nigel, imo.

• Advertisement

fitz wrote: »
    Really?!
    Don't think that's even a penalty tbh, he has a fingertip from controlling that.

That yellow card proving very costly now.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Leinstertomas

fitz wrote: »
    Really?!

Never a yellow for me. Yes he goes with one hand but it's going upwards and immediately he has both hands go out for it and has a very realistic chance of gathering it

Never a yellow for me. Yes he goes with one hand but it's going upwards and immediately he has both hands go out for it and has a very realistic chance of gathering it

That's what I thought, the ball was passed right into his path, was entirely feasible that he could have gathered it, and it was clear he didn't just try to slap it away to prevent the break outside. Italy's heads went straight afterwards, and they never recovered.

Think they should have taken the 3 points just before half time when they got that penalty and brought it to 10 - 8. They need to keep themselves close on the scoreboard for as long as they can... They're still not an 80 minute team, but too often they let the game get away from them early when they have opportunities to keep it tighter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Italy went to pieces in last quarter. Nevertheless France were clinical and final should be a good watch.

Italy went to pieces in last quarter. Nevertheless France were clinical and final should be a good watch.

Is there not some dispute over player release with FFR and clubs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Is there not some dispute over player release with FFR and clubs?

It'll be the French team that lined out last night the other French player's have played three games and that's all they're allowed

The Fiji game being canceled was a blessing as it meant they could pick their strongest team vs Scotland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

UAEguy2020 wrote: »
    The Fiji game being canceled was a blessing as it meant they could pick their strongest team vs Scotland.

Makes little difference tbh if they are forced to put out a less than full strength team against England at Twickenham. I did not know this latter fact hence my previous post re France. England strong favourites now. Also makes a bit of a farce of the tournament.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Ireland's call is bad enough at the best of times but today it has taken a new low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

mfceiling wrote: »
    Ireland's call is bad enough at the best of times but today it has taken a new low.

It was a bit diddly i, diddly eye?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

George Hamilton on commentary duty....channel 4 it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Well said....time to put it to death...

Irish Jersey looks shyte

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

I'm one of those freaks that like it but it's woeful without the crowd singing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

What r we fcuKing wearing, Georgia Jersey is decent, ireland by 22

• Advertisement
Advertisement