Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭gestappo

BM14murph wrote: »
    Did they get your name right?

No

Syrohara90 wrote: »
    Only in the first batch, youll be called in the second

God only knows when that could be. Very disappointed tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Syrohara90

gestappo wrote: »
    God only knows when that could be. Very disappointed tbh.

Probably around end of Feb start of March depending on how many actually get called in the first wave

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Thrillhouse11

Same thing here, wrong name but the ID is correct. Passed but not quite well enough to be contacted next week, be another few months before they get to me I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Seesee

JDWW wrote: »
    Just got the result but with the wrong name! Anyone else have this issue?

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Syrohara90

Seesee wrote: »
    Yes

Correct results out.

I emailed them to let them know about it and they got back in a flash

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Seesee

Just got a second message with correct name and different results. The correct ones I hope. Over 700. Very nice message to get today :))

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ohbeeone

Wow that is some mess up, revised results and I got over 200 points more!!!

Anyone else’s results dramatically change?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Holy **** results are worse now with the corrected email

After all that posting you did on the thread, that sucks. Where you now on the numbers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭daithi84

Got message with wrong name. Emailed them, got another message with my name but lower score. Both qualifying score but take note the first email is not your actual result if it had the wrong name on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭EarlyStorms

Wrong name and wrong score apparently on mine too. My score went down slightly after they got my name right. They’ve made a mess of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dadwell

Mine went up by more than 200. I was gutted with my first score and obviously thrilled with my second, but man alive that was a big mistake!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭tomjmsn

Feel bad for anyone who had thought they had qualified and actually hadn't. Very cruel way to find out.

My score increased by around a 100, but still not enough for the first round of interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lauras5839

Lauras5839 wrote: »
    Passed but only by just meeting the standard (409) thought I had done better honestly

I was right I did do better than a bare pass, I must admit I'm so happy though honestly gutted for anyone whose score is going the other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

Dropped from 534 to 511. Hopefully still make it into batch two.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 JDWW

Just shy of 600 on the 2nd email (a big improvement). I guess there’ll be 2 or 3 batches depending on the numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭tomjmsn

Anyone have any experience of possible timescales for next batches of interviews or even if we are guaranteed an interview?

tomjmsn wrote: »
    Anyone have any experience of possible timescales for next batches of interviews or even if we are guaranteed an interview?

It says all you needed to do to progress to interview stage was to reach the qualifying standard so we should be called. No idea on timescale yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭11amie11

Anyone else’s results dramatically change?

I went from a 409 to a 692. THANK GOD!!! 😅😅

• Advertisement

Have they ever given a breakdown of the results before? Would like to know where I did well and where I didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Trampus

I'm very similar but I'm waiting for regional interviews so I suppose it doesn't make much difference....

• Registered Users Posts: 17 TommyBatatheon

I'm another who's score changed, mine went down its still decent enough but I was happier the original score! What happened there I wonder? Not good. Either way since I applied for this competition I got placed from a previous EO one and I'm happy where I am. Best of luck to those who will be interviewing in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Thrillhouse11

Got the exact same score/drop, strange!

Got the exact same score/drop, strange!

Ha interesting. I can't help but think if they got it wrong the first time, who's to say they didn't get it wrong a second time.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Jay328

Jesus that was a bit all over the place. Got place 580s what is my chances of getting called? Never made it this far.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

My first email for Michelle was better than the second real results.

However, while I'm not in the first batch, I have passed, so that'll do!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Is it only dublin that did the etrays so far ?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭facade

Has anyone done an EO interview before?

For CO the questions at interview were competency based, however I dont remember filling in a competency based application form this time around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭facade

Is it only dublin that did the etrays so far ?

Yes as far as I know, other counties to be called later

Advertisement