Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The One 4 All Card

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Going by the thread, these cards could really do with a name change.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Billy86 wrote: »
    Going by the thread, these cards could really do with a name change.

One4allbar1?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,739 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Dr Strange wrote: »
    Still only available to UK customers. Very frustrating!

https://www.one4all.ie/categories/how-to-buy-amazon-gift-card-with-one4all.html

When did that change? Any reason why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Dr Strange wrote: »
    One4allbar1?

Some4AFewPlaces

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

VinLieger wrote: »
    When did that change? Any reason why?

No idea. I only noticed it because of this thread and as I still had a voucher I thought I check and there it is. I used to buy the majority of books on amazon with these vouchers. Thought it was really handy.
    Pity they changed it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Cash (if included in the pay packet) will be taxed.
    But companies can give vouchers, that CAN'T be converted to cash tax free.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/employing-people/benefit-in-kind-for-employers/valuation-of-benefits/small-benefits.aspx
    You can give employees a small benefit of up to €500 in value, tax free, each year. This benefit must not be in cash.

If more than one benefit is given in a year, only the first one qualifies for tax free status. Unused allowance amounts cannot be carried over.
    Tax free vouchers or benefits can be used only to purchase goods or services. They cannot be redeemed for cash.

Could be worse.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2018/0110/932345-irish-rail-vote/
    Union sources said the vote also reflects driver frustration at Iarnród Éireann giving staff a €500 voucher for Dunnes Stores (as part of a Labour Court recommendation) instead of a "One for All" voucher that could be spent anywhere.

Iarnród Éireann also pointed out that it had tendered for the €500 vouchers and had saved around €230,000 by going with the Dunnes Stores proposal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Having issues buying an amazon voucher out of this whats the story?

Are there places you can buy amazon vouchers with this sh1tty card

mean gene wrote: »
    Having issues buying an amazon voucher out of this whats the story?

Are there places you can buy amazon vouchers with this sh1tty card

No

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

So many grumbling at a sizable gift? Send them to me. Please. I will thank you profusely and make excellent use of them gladly

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

emeldc wrote: »
    Hmmm, wouldn’t be sure about that card being legal. This from the revenue site;

Small benefits
    You can give employees a small benefit of up to €500 in value, tax free, each year. This benefit must not be in cash.

If more than one benefit is given in a year, only the first one qualifies for tax free status. Unused allowance amounts cannot be carried over.

Prior to 21 October 2015 the limit on small benefits was €250.

Tax free vouchers or benefits can be used only to purchase goods or services. They cannot be redeemed for cash.

This is the one I think they're talking about. I got one before, can spend them anywhere that takes mastercard: http://www.perfectincentive.io/#/
    Graces7 wrote: »
    So many grumbling at a sizable gift? Send them to me. Please. I will thank you profusely and make excellent use of them gladly

Hardly a gift, sounds like bonus got for hard work

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Balanadan

If you don't buy One4All cards for your staff at Christmas, you must not want to reward them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

I went to use one in Debenhams a few years ago and was told that I couldn't go over the value of the card, think it was 100. Said okay I'll just spend under it so, and was told that wasn't allowed either. Asked if I can't go over or can't go under the value on the card how was I able to spend the voucher here at all? There was a manager called and after some huffing and puffing they put it through for the over amount and paid the difference in cash.

Assume this might just be one silly employee with one silly manager in only one shop, but that right there put me off using them and find the need to spend them hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Spend it on Christmas presents and boring stuff that you'd have to buy anyway, and voila... you'll have that much cash for yourself to buy what you want. It's not difficult. Want something from Amazon? Buy it with the cash you'll save.

Why do people moan that they can't buy exactly what they want with it? It works out the same using the above approach. It doesn't have to come from the exact same pot of money - just switch things around.

The whining people do over a gift card that can be used in several places just shows how good things are in this part of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,297 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I went to use one in Debenhams a few years ago and was told that I couldn't go over the value of the card, think it was 100. Said okay I'll just spend under it so, and was told that wasn't allowed either. Asked if I can't go over or can't go under the value on the card how was I able to spend the voucher here at all? There was a manager called and after some huffing and puffing they put it through for the over amount and paid the difference in cash.

Assume this might just be one silly employee with one silly manager in only one shop, but that right there put me off using them and find the need to spend them hassle.

You met a silly manager/staff member.
    I never expected issues paying under the voucher amount or the rest in cash. You can even pay with multiple one for all cards.
    If your using them online tough you can only use the card and can't pay the rest with you credit card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You met a silly manager/staff member.
    I never expected issues paying under the voucher amount or the rest in cash. You can even pay with multiple one for all cards.
    If your using them online tough you can only use the card and can't pay the rest with you credit card.

Absolutely. I've bought items for less than the card value, with the balance remaining on the card and have added cash to the card for items over the card value. Never had an issue and I'd have 6 to 8 cards per year. Great for car cleaning supplies in Halfords, bits and pieces for the garden in Woodies etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Spend it on Christmas presents and boring stuff that you'd have to buy anyway, and voila... you'll have that much cash for yourself to buy what you want. It's not difficult. Want something from Amazon? Buy it with the cash you'll save.

Why do people moan that they can't buy exactly what they want with it? It works out the same using the above approach. It doesn't have to come from the exact same pot of money - just switch things around.

The whining people do over a gift card that can be used in several places just shows how good things are in this part of the world.

Item I wanted could be had for €195 or so. Shop that took all4one charged €360 for it. I'd nearly be better off being taxed...

McGaggs wrote: »
    Item I wanted could be had for €195 or so. Shop that took all4one charged €360 for it. I'd nearly be better off being taxed...
    As I said, use the One4All card for other stuff and then you'll have spare cash for the €195 item.

I got one last year - spent nearly all of it on Christmas presents, just a bit left over for myself towards getting my hair done (it can be used in salons, hotels and restaurants, not just shops) and then I had extra cash for myself for Christmas - it was ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Oh no, not another first world problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,231 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

As I said, use the One4All card for other stuff and then you'll have spare cash for the €195 item.

I got one last year - spent nearly all of it on Christmas presents, just a bit left over for myself towards getting my hair done (it can be used in salons, hotels and restaurants, not just shops) and then I had extra cash for myself for Christmas - it was ideal.

You must get yours early enough, get ours around 22 Dec ,have the presents brought already,then don't know what to do with it,l don't like them to be honest ,fairly limited, Argos etc , no supermakets that would be handy for the Xmas food shop, a friend gets a debit card type of thing, can spend it any were ,much prefer this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

My eldest always gets them as a Christmas bonus. I give him the cash and use the card in Supervalu to pay for Christmas food/drink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

There's nowhere else that will take them that I'd ever go to. I'm open to suggestions here.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

The super special magical tax exemption probably only existed 'cos ..........guess who :

https://m.independent.ie/business/irish/charles-haugheys-son-shares-in-100m-sale-of-one4all-gift-card-firm-37513164.html

jos28 wrote: »
    My eldest always get them as a Christmas bonus. I give him the cash and use the card in Supervalu to pay for Christmas food/drink.

What Supervalu can you use this in, is it anyone?

Do couple of shops in SuperValu for the day to day stuff you need. Boots too for cosmetics.

Look up the places you can use the gift card - there is a huge list.

Don't be lazy! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 81,448 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It's fine when you are given them as part of a tax efficient way of giving you something from your employer, if someone actually goes out and converts perfectly good money in to a restricted purchasing device they are a bloody idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Spleerbun

It's fine when you are given them as part of a tax efficient way of giving you something from your employer, if someone actually goes out and converts perfectly good money in to a restricted purchasing device they are a bloody idiot.

People do that all the time with gift vouchers.

Anyway those perfect incentive cards seem to make a lot more sense than one4alls. Basically like prepaid MasterCards

Just did ,a hours drive to a Supervalu that accepts it, my local one is only 10 minutes away, nothing easy about one for all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

this is probably a stupid question...

if they can be used on online, could you use it to fund the likes of a paypal account or use it to pay into a credit union account with an online deposit facility?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

Can ye not ask your managers/boss for Dunnes vouchers instead. The scheme is not exclusive to 'one for all'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

I have never had trouble using One 4 All cards. There are SO many different shops selling different goods that accept them. It’s better than getting a card for a specific shop.

Advertisement