Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The One 4 All Card

Options
  • 10-01-2018 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,925 ✭✭✭✭

Got it as the company 'bonus' at Xmas.

For anything that I actually need, the shops won't accept the damn thing.

If I want shopping; Tesco, Lidl etc won't take it, just expensive MediocreValu and Centra corner shops.

Is there a way of converting it into hard cash or credit for something I actually want?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭statto25

Got it as the company 'bonus' at Xmas.

For anything that I actually need, the shops won't accept the damn thing.

If I want shopping; Tesco, Lidl etc won't take it, just expensive MediocreValu and Centra corner shops.

Is there a way of converting it into hard cash or credit for something I actually want?

Sell it on Adverts for a loss and someone will pick it up. You can also convert it to a Prepaid Credit Card but the admin fee is some daft percentage so for a large value One4All its not worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

i bought amazon vouchers with mine. Lost a little bit but still cheaper than buying stuff in arnotts or the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Doubtitdub

super Valu take them or any of these https://www.one4all.ie/retailer.html

Dont think there is anywhere that will covert to cash unfortunately, had the same problem myself! Just used it for a holiday instead..

i bought amazon vouchers with mine. Lost a little bit but still cheaper than buying stuff in arnotts or the likes.

One4All don't allow you to convert them anymore. Stopped back at end of October.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,925 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Doubtitdub wrote: »

Dont think there is anywhere that will covert to cash unfortunately, had the same problem myself! Just used it for a holiday instead..

It would be useful if airlines took them, but they don't. Just travel agents that do the same thing I can do myself online...:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Doubtitdub

It would be useful if airlines took them, but they don't. Just travel agents that do the same thing I can do myself online...:mad:

Yep very annoying, i just used it for a hotel break in Ireland, lots of hotels use them..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Neilw

Be careful too, after a certain amount of time there's a monthly fee that will come off the value of the card. I misplaced one and when I found it again there was only a couple of euros on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,925 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Neilw wrote: »
    Be careful too, after a certain amount of time there's a monthly fee that will come off the value of the card. I misplaced one and when I found it again there was only a couple of euros on it.

This I know, that's why I want to use it asap, but have no big ticket items I want to buy from any of the outlets named in the booklet.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Creme fraiche

Neilw wrote: »

It’s a year and the documentation that come with the card explains it.

Anytime I got one I converted to amazon.co.uk credit, now I use them in Argos for video games.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Why don't people just give cash instead of this nonsense ? :confused:

• Advertisement

Why don't people just give cash instead of this nonsense ? :confused:

Cash (if included in the pay packet) will be taxed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Cash (if included in the pay packet) will be taxed.

Pay into the hand ;)

Doubtitdub wrote: »

Yes the stopped conversion. But you can just use the one4all as a visa card and buy the vouchers as you would normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

How ??

The Irish All 4 one card wont allow that. Only way to do so is but the prepaid card (max €100) at a cost of €8, try and figure out the exchange rate you are going to get and get a card to match. As you cannot top up the card any change left is lost unless you can make a purchase to that exact value..

Much better off sell on adverts

Pay into the hand ;)

No company - worth their salt - will do that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

10.1 You may at any time request us to repay to you any remaining balance on the Card by calling Gift Voucher Shop on 01 870 8111 and quoting the Card number. You must not use your Card after you ask us to repay the balance to you. In order to allow any outstanding Card Purchases to clear, Gift Voucher Shop will refund the balance to you by bank transfer to your nominated bank account, less any applicable fees (see Clause 6), within seven Business Days of receipt of such a request
    https://www.one4all.ie/terms-conditions

knipex wrote: »
    How ??

The Irish All 4 one card wont allow that. Only way to do so is but the prepaid card (max €100) at a cost of €8, try and figure out the exchange rate you are going to get and get a card to match. As you cannot top up the card any change left is lost unless you can make a purchase to that exact value..

Much better off sell on adverts

I had a 150 euro voucher. I bought 125GBP worth + got a 5gbp bonus. So it meant i got about 147euros worth. I was buying something that was 150gbp on Amazon. But over 250 euro here in stores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Tenigate

I got a €250 one for xmas. Many of the chains accept them. I used it in Diesel, Clarkes, Argos.. and had a bit left over which I used to buy a gift voucher in mothercare. I noticed Boots take them too.
    Best thing to do is look at a list of places that accept them and then figure out what you can buy in those places. Make sure your final purchase exceeds the amount on the card and pay the balance with cash. Otherwise you'll end up with a card that has a few euro left and you'll end up losing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

I've ~tenner left on mine.

Any ideas on where to use it?

I was thinking of a cheeky takeaway (as Just Eat accepts One4All), but not sure if you can be an awkward bastard and use two cards when making a payment.

I had a 150 euro voucher. I bought 125GBP worth + got a 5gbp bonus. So it meant i got about 147euros worth. I was buying something that was 150gbp on Amazon. But over 250 euro here in stores.

You can't covert to Amazon vouchers anymore. It was dead handy though

• Advertisement

statto25 wrote: »
    You can't covert to Amazon vouchers anymore. It was dead handy though

I didnt convert. I just bought an amazon voucher using it. Did this a month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

List of shops here

https://www.one4all.ie/retailer.html

My son got 2 of the dam things over the Xmas, but he's saving for a better laptop so pcworld will do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

I didnt convert. I just bought an amazon voucher using it. Did this a month ago.

That’s what I did. Picked up those Amazon voucher cards in SuperValu and paid using one4all.

My drug dealer also accepts one4all. Something about ‘the feds’ not being able to trace them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Tenigate

me_irl wrote: »
    I was thinking of a cheeky takeaway (as Just Eat accepts One4All), but not sure if you can be an awkward bastard and use two cards when making a payment.

It would be easier to do this in a store rather than online. Doubt the payment interface would let you split the payment between 2 cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

Pay into the hand ;)

Why would any employer pay €500 out of their own pocket when he can take it from the till and put it down to expenses.

I added €150 to mine and bought a new Mattress :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

mikhail wrote: »

They will not usually refund if the card was covered by an employer small gift exemption, as a bonus payment is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Will any Supervalu accept them or just certain ones?

My local Supervalu is in HSQ (Heuston South Quarter in Dublin 8) but I don't see it listed here

https://www.one4all.ie/catalogsearch/result/?q=supervalu

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Lots of places take it.
    Handy for buying clothes, gifts, homewares stuff.
    You will probably need that kind of stuff in your life...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It's not hard to spend them. I'll stock up on car cleaning products in Halfords, light bulbs, gardening and DIY bits and bobs etc. in Woodies, and clothes or homewares in numerous shops, when I get All4one cards.

• Advertisement

Would I be right in saying that it can be used anywhere online that accepts Visa debit cards? They say on their site to check their online retailers. But how does POS card terminal know if they are one4all partners are not? You can also convert to a mastercard here https://www.one4all.ie/retailer/spend-online/v-prepaid-virtual-mastercard-account.html

Advertisement