Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New development Somerton ,NewCastle Road,Lucan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 shaila

Nelsona wrote: »
    Thanks All, really helpful information here. I am hoping to go with an ash in the next phase to release and have same concern with the boiler in the living room can't understand why would do that. Just wondering do u know what the size and height of attic is as we would like to put extra storage/ Landry room up there:)

Hi Nelsona,

http://www.sdublincoco.ie/viewdocument.aspx?fileid=5814230
    check Page 53 in the document ,it provides info on whether attic conversion is possible .For ASH type it is not possible to convert.You can check with the agents directly,i might be wrong as well.

Billkil86 wrote: »
    I am meeting with my solicitor on Thursday and will be sure to raise the same queries.

@Billkil86 Hope you met with your solicitor on Thursday. Did you sign the contract? any concerns that we need to be aware of.

We called our solicitor on friday to include some more question,
    Location of solar panel on the roof and will it be placed based on maximum sunlight direction.
    What kind of noise insulation provided if HWC and pump is going to be in the living room for the Ash type house.

Jigg79 wrote: »
    Hi @shaila,

I passed by recently and it looks like a couple are finished on the outside. Did anyone hear of dates for the showhouses to be ready?

Cheers.

Spoke with Leahy agent approximate date for show house Feb 2018 but its not guaranteed.

Any info or inputs on the HWC in the living room ?any thoughts on this will be very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Rob18

Hi All,

Just reading through thread on this, very helpful thanks all. Considering buying in the coming phase (Blackthorn or Ash) but have seen a couple of points that concern me in the planning application report.

Dublin South Co. Co. Doc. 5814223

8:11, Page 26: Traveller accommodation
    "reached agreement that the traveller accommodation be moved to adjoining Tandy Lane Village Development Area following completion of development in Somerton

8:3:1, Page 20: Possible Fire Station
    "It is proposed that site for a possible fire station at Adamstown be transferred into the Tandy Lane Village Development Area"

Does anyone know how closely situated this adjoining development (Tandy Lane Village) will be to Somerton?

Thanks all for your help:)

• Advertisement

Rob18 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how closely situated this adjoining development (Tandy Lane Village) will be to Somerton?

Hope this helps

I have an old SDZ document with the development map. But its not updated based on the comment from Somerton document.

Attached snapshot of the tandys lane and somerton development
    Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 21.37.26.png

Possible Tandy's lane village centre and fire station will be moved near to that. Marked in blue
    Screen Shot 2017-11-22 at 12.39.06.png

Its almost 2 months now from 1st phase launch date.
    Anyone else got their contract and signed?

We are waiting for the builder solicitor to come back with answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Billkil86

@shaila Did you get an response from the builders solicitor?

Billkil86 wrote: »
    @shaila Did you get an response from the builders solicitor?
    Hi @Billkil86,
    No we have not got a response for the change in plan for HWC.We are waiting to hear back.

Our solicitor mentioned that there was supposed to be a site meeting yesterday and they would have some answer for it but havent heard back yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 MasterChief32

Our contracts have been signed and sent back to Mcanns.

Does anybody know when Phase B is due to go on the market?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Billkil86

Our contract has been signed and sent back aswell.

As far as I know phase 2 won't be released until the show houses are ready, which is supposed to be February.

@Billkil86 and @MasterChief32 : Congrats on signing your contracts.

Did you get any information from your solicitor regarding the Kitchen suppliers/fitters ,will they allow any kind of changes ?

Any info on when the houses will be completed?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Cableguy

Hi all,
    Id like to welcome myself as someone who is very interested in buying in Somerton but am finding it very hard to do so from plans and looking for some advice. Im wondering if anyone knows what type of houses these are, & another pic.
    Looks like they have 3 levels but not sure of the house type!
    Is the Blackthorn attic convertible? Would love to know where to get the dimensions! An some houses in the Youtube video look different from the plans when looking at the roof layouts! Also seems there are many house types that have been left out of phase 1 but not sure how many! :confused:
    Thanks in advance.
    B

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SomerHo

Hi All,
    Our contract has been signed on Friday :-)
    Cableguy,  Looking at the plans it seems that the house on your pic is the Oak type.  Not sure about 3rd level, could be an attic.
    Yes, the Blackthorn is attic convertible, you can find in some of the documents attached to this thread that the Blackthorn (HT-01) has 20m2 adaptable room for attic.

Congrats @SomerHo

@Cableguy House in the pic is 5 bed semi detached with attic converted (HT08)
    Dimensions given in these documents are just for reference, can change based on builders decision.

Link to the document application report dec 2016
    http://www.sdublincoco.ie/viewdocument.aspx?fileid=5814223

and link to another document dated june 2016
    http://www.sdublincoco.ie/viewdocument.aspx?fileid=5870236

@Rob
    Second document has the fire station proposal in Tandy's lane

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Gorman120392

Hi everyone,

I'm Laura and I have purchased in phase 1 in Somerton too :). I have created a group on facebook which is closed and private for phase 1 buyers only to share updates and any developments please feel free to add the group.

I will only accept buyers from phase 1 to limited questions & conversations

facebook.com/groups/136356063745801/

Many thanks,
    Laura

Hi ,
    Thanks Laura for starting the FB page.

We received reply from the builders solicitor with regard to the HWC in the living room for the ASH type.

They said the boiler has been moved to the front wall of the house which is part of the kitchen.

Did anyone happen to enquire about this and received similar kind of response?

We have requested for a simple sketch or a layout to know the exact location of the HWC.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Gorman120392

We bought the ash too and had asked the same question about the HWC room seemed like a waste of space in the living room.

Please do share any pics they send on thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

Hi,
    I was wondering what was the sale like for the first phase. Was there queing up for days like some developments last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭climber59

I was coming on to ask the exact same thing! I was wondering if there was camping/queuing from the night before for phase one. I thought it had died down but heard a few stories recently about other new developments.

We really have our hearts set on getting a house in Somerton in the next phase so keeping everything crossed.

• Advertisement

climber59 wrote: »
    I was coming on to ask the exact same thing! I was wondering if there was camping/queuing from the night before for phase one. I thought it had died down but heard a few stories recently about other new developments.

We really have our hearts set on getting a house in Somerton in the next phase so keeping everything crossed.

Any word on when they will be going on sale? Approx dates, etc?

No. They've said Spring 2018 any time I've asked which is fairly vague. I get the impression they don't know themselves to be honest, I guess it all depends on how the building is going.

Spring is so broad! I was hoping next month. Applying for my mortgage at the end of this month hopefully.

What type do you have in mind?

I drove past last night (live in the area) and it's hard to see with the fences but it looks like it's nearly there. Windows are in at least.

I know, we're keeping an eye on a few developments and they all say Spring 2018. We're looking at the 3 bed mid terrace. We drove by on Sunday as well and it was hard to see although it does look to be coming along. We have all our stuff sorted - we only missed the last phase by a couple of weeks! With any luck they'll come out quickly and we'll both get what we want :)

I changed jobs so I needed to wait for probation. Altough my new employer said they would wave it when they found out but it was too late then. Hopefully I will have everything sorted this time around.
    I also know another family who are interested too, but I'm just worried about the demand and the queues.

I'm sure it will be grand.

I thought the queuing had stopped but I met a couple the other day who queued overnight for a place in Wicklow early last year and they didn't even get one! If you hear anything keep us posted and I'll do the same.

Well I decided to ring and ask and I was told that people just showed up on the day and it went smoothly (their words) so no camping outside or anything. Let's see what way it works this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭xalot

I phoned them a couple of weeks ago and they said they were hoping to launch in late February but it was now looking like it would be March - at least.
    They wouldn't give me an indication of how much of a price increase there would be (if any) from the first phase.

I'm interested in the Maple style but there are only a handful of those and I think we might be priced out in the next launch.

Does anyone have any idea of the price of the House Type 05 that's listed on their planning application? They're a 4 bed deep plan semi d but none of those type launched in the first phase.

Yep when I asked today, they said the prices are static at the moment but they’ll let me know if they change. Hoping they’ll stay the same but unlikely given the level of interest I imagine. We were just on the borderline so could be priced out completely.

No idea on the house type mentioned sorry!

• Advertisement

Received dimensions for the ash type, found that HWC and adjacent space takes out 5.24 sq.m out of the living area.
    Thereby reducing the living area to 15.65 sq.m. Looks like very bad utilization of space in the living area.

Please find the floor dimensions for anyone interested.

Ash Dimensions.PNG

Advertisement