Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screwfix deliveries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Checks out window again for delivery man. Nope, not yet.

Status changed to arrived in destination country yesterday, and got a text to say that the order is on the way this morning. Hopefully not much longer now. I'd be extremely slow to order from Screwfix again until they manage to get delivery times sorted though.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭odoliam

Received delivery yesterday from 10-Jan order
    Tracking info still says arrived in destination country...not delivered!!

Still waiting on another delivery ordered on 19-Jan - though that already says arrived in country as of yesterday
    Hopefully things are speeding up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Mine arrived today, after 15 days if waiting.
    I foolishly ordered some other bits off then last week too.
    After that I'm done with them. I'll stick local, can't be arsed with the faffing about.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭fabo1thecross

Gls tracking is telling that my parcel history is finished. What ever that means.

• Advertisement

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Mine arrived today, after 15 days if waiting.
    I foolishly ordered some other bits off then last week too.
    After that I'm done with them. I'll stick local, can't be arsed with the faffing about.

Oh, three of the eight items arrived. Apparently there was two boxes with the same barcode. So instead of handing over both boxes, they handed over one.

Still nothing. Starting to lose hope of ever getting my delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭game4it70

Still nothing. Starting to lose hope of ever getting my delivery.

Yeah me too :(
    I mailed them on Thursday morning and have not heard back yet.

game4it70 wrote: »
    Yeah me too :(
    I mailed them on Thursday morning and have not heard back yet.

Any of my queries were met with a generic reply, I was waiting 16 days for my order, and even GLS made a balls of that.

Still nothing here either. 4th Jan order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭muddle84

I got a call from the UK screwfix today, got cut off so rang back uk screwfix. So basically 1 of 3 items were delivered to me and thenother two are delivered based on their records so they have now classed them as lost. I was given the option of a refund or reorder so toke the refund on one item and reordered the second one as I can't seem to source it anywhere else.

They assured me the delivery shouldn't be any longer than 2 weeks as they have got to the bottom of the customs issues now. Time will tell!

My GLS has changed to "The parcel has reached the parcel center."
    At least it seems to still be in the system.

Mine is at the parcel centre since the 20th.

Mine is at the parcel centre since the 20th.

I have just noticed mine was there on the 20th too plus the same message on the 29th :confused:

It's a right little mess. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Those of you having issues with delivery from Screwfix, were ye ordering from the .ie or .com (UK) site?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭swampgas

Moyglish wrote: »
    Those of you having issues with delivery from Screwfix, were ye ordering from the .ie or .com (UK) site?

I ordered from the .ie. site in early Jan. I had an email on the 18th that the goods were in Ireland (having been shipped from the UK) and were awaiting customs clearance. I've heard nothing since.

Irish site here as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Imnewhere09

Bought 1st January. Irish site. Kept getting standard email replies about Brexit until 25th January when they claim to of sent a new item. Tracking now stuck on exported.

Irish site, everything gets shipped from the UK as they don't have an Irish warehouse. So it doesn't matter if it's in stock in Ireland, it'll still ship from the UK, well that's what their representative told me anyway

• Advertisement

My tracking now showing as "The parcel has reached the parcel center" for the 3rd time.

Reply from my inquiry.
    Good morning

Thank you for your email regarding the delivery of your order.

As previously advised by my colleague we are unfortunately experiencing delays with the delivery of orders due to Brexit.

I can see from the tracking that your parcel is now in Ireland, however parcels are still taking a time to clear customs in Ireland. Once the parcel has reached the delivery depot we would expect the parcel to go out for delivery within 3 to 4 working days.

Please accept my apologies for any disappointment that this matter may have caused.

Kind regards
    Brenda
    Ireland Enquiries

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mac_09

Mine was Irish site also, which was annoying as I only ordered online as 1 of the items (which I didn't really need) was not in stock in store.

I've mentioned before, if it wasn't urgent and could wait 3 weeks for the item(s) I would have no problem ordering again. If urgent I would look to an alternative.

Here's the details of my order if it helps.

25/01/2021 11:11
    The parcel is expected to be delivered during the day.

Ireland
    25/01/2021 06:48
    The parcel has reached the parcel center.

Ireland
    23/01/2021 14:49

Ireland
    19/01/2021 20:06

Ireland
    08/01/2021 20:50
    The parcel has left the parcel center.

United Kingdom
    08/01/2021 20:50
    The parcel was handed over to GLS.

United Kingdom
    07/01/2021 10:24
    The parcel data was entered into the GLS IT system; the parcel was not yet handed over to GLS.

United Kingdom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭quazzy

Hi all,

Has anyone tried to use their click and collect option?

I'm looking to get a Mitre Saw and all the delivery issues is putting me off.

Also, any other reliable site that you might recommend for a mitre saw?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

quazzy wrote: »
    Hi all,

Has anyone tried to use their click and collect option?

I'm looking to get a Mitre Saw and all the delivery issues is putting me off.

Also, any other reliable site that you might recommend for a mitre saw?

I have. There's no bother if they have it in stock. You can still walk into their shop and check if what you want is in stock either

Well that's frustrating - they delivered it to themselves.

image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

One of mine went "out for delivery" on the 29th... he must be. taking to long way here

I just checked the delivery by chance. No notification or anything to let me know if was returned. I understand there's difficulties post Brexit, but it's all been handled fairly badly for me at Screwfix. Have emailed customer service to see what happens next.

Mine arrived today after 4 weeks.

There’s hope so.

• Advertisement

Gls updated there now showing in knock and out for delivery today. Fingers crossed.

Advertisement