Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst current comedians.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Esse85 wrote: »
    His attempt at a UFC career was hilarious tho.

It was also funny to see Joe Rogan tell him, in no uncertain terms, that he didn't have what it takes to succeed in the UFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,015 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Michael McIntyre's stand up was great when he first came on the scene, but his Saturday night television show is genuinely the cringiest thing I have ever seen. Immediately have to leave the room if I see it on.

Any comedian that resorts to incorporating a parent into their act is bad. Romesh Ranganathan has his mother on some show he does now, and Jack Whitehall does stuff with his Dad. I never found them funny beforehand, and this new "addition" doesn't add to the humour either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

I genuinely don't find stand up that funny. It's like 'oh cool observation' but other than that, don't find it that entertaining. It's like I find because their sole purpose is to make you laugh, it makes it less funny. My friends love your man James Acaster and it's just like, no!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

Who is this lad David Chappelle that everyone is talking about...is he any good?

One of the best comedians back during the turn of the century. Gave it all up and retired. Has come back recently, doing a Netflix deal, but while funny, doesn't seem to be his best.

As well as standup, he had his own show (sketches), and was in a number of movies.

And, while he is black, even some of his stuff would be too edgy/unwoke for today's audience. I always loved his whitefacing, or even his "white man's voice".

Oh, and it's Dave, not David.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I genuinely don't find stand up that funny. It's like 'oh cool observation' but other than that, don't find it that entertaining. It's like I find because their sole purpose is to make you laugh, it makes it less funny. My friends love your man James Acaster and it's just like, no!

you're basically saying you hate bad comedy, if you listen to good comedy you might like it.
    is your only exposure to comedy on mainstream tv?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭randd1

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Not into his stand up but some of his sketches on the Chappelle Show were amazing like his pissakes of Prince and even better Rick James that he done with Charlie Murphy

The R Kelly sketch.

Or the Clayton Bigsby sketches (2 parts). No way he'd get away with that now, even as a black man.

randd1 wrote: »
    The R Kelly sketch.

Or the Clayton Bigsby sketches (2 parts). No way he'd get away with that now, even as a black man.

"helluva drug" :)

randd1 wrote: »
    The R Kelly sketch.

his routine about Jessie Smoliet is a work of art.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Joe Beazley and Cheeky Monkey.

His act is really poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Michael McIntyre's stand up was great when he first came on the scene, but his Saturday night television show is genuinely the cringiest thing I have ever seen. Immediately have to leave the room if I see it on.

Any comedian that resorts to incorporating a parent into their act is bad. Romesh Ranganathan has his mother on some show he does now, and Jack Whitehall does stuff with his Dad. I never found them funny beforehand, and this new "addition" doesn't add to the humour either.
    That's true about the parents. Baz Ashwamy did shows with Mammy Ashwamy as well. The interesting thing in all those cases is that the parent becomes more popular and is way more entertaining than the 'entertainer'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭randd1

his routine about Jessie Smoliet is a work of art.

Juicy Smulliet I think you mean.

KungPao wrote: »
    Joe Beazley and Cheeky Monkey.

His act is really poor.

Still funnier than Alison Spittle, as is a reversing dump truck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    I've never found Johny Vegas funny

after he won the Edinburgh Festival i saw him in dublin - small spot I cant recall the name. He was fantastic . This would have been 1997-1998 ish.

Told all the lads about him and soon he had a show on BBC or ITV
    It was utter gash. The lads abused me.

I have seen him since and he is rubbish. really bad.
    I dunno, probably was always just a flash in the pan.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,364 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

dotsman wrote: »
    One of the best comedians back during the turn of the century. Gave it all up and retired. Has come back recently, doing a Netflix deal, but while funny, doesn't seem to be his best.

As well as standup, he had his own show (sketches), and was in a number of movies.

And, while he is black, even some of his stuff would be too edgy/unwoke for today's audience. I always loved his whitefacing, or even his "white man's voice".

Oh, and it's Dave, not David.

The effects of rock music on white people expose is class.

"helluva drug" :)

Cooollllddd bbblllooooodddeeeddd

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    the only comedian who has never made me so much as chuckle is professional scouser John Bishop, worse still he's an immensely self satisfied twat who even he gets no laughs from an audience, laughs constantly at his own joke's
    I would swear he is Bobby Chariot's estranged son...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Still funnier than Alison Spittle, as is a reversing dump truck.

Careful now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭Matmania

Russell Howard recently walked out of a small gig as someone was filming his new material I think she done people a favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,185 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I am not sure if this person is meant to funny or a comedian but one person who is brutal is Doireann Garrihy. She had a series of impersonating people on the RTE player and it was meant to be funny but it was brutal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

I am not sure if this person is meant to funny or a comedian but one person who is brutal is Doireann Garrihy. She had a series of impersonating people on the RTE player and it was meant to be funny but it was brutal.

When she drops the impressions and just sticks to one accent she’s very good on the radio. The clown woke McDermott brings her down

• Advertisement

When she drops the impressions and just sticks to one accent she’s very good on the radio. The clown woke McDermott brings her down

Ya, she might be fine.
    To be honest I think McDermott is by far the worst RTE have ever employed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Be careful, you're not allowed to criticise female comedians on here.

Rothko wrote: »

Oh ya, that fella will comment on it and somebody else will like it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Is that why nobody on here ever criticises female comedians?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

nj27 wrote: »
    Hannah Gadsby

I had no idea who this was. So I searched up YouTube there and instantly seeing her I say to myself "well she's a lesbian" and her skit was about being a lesbian....

Is that her entire stick?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

The resident "White Knights" should be along any minute now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I had no idea who this was. So I searched up YouTube there and instantly seeing her I say to myself "well she's a lesbian" and her skit was about being a lesbian....

It kind of is, making a living talking about all things sapphic. I find her about as funny as a cluster of throbbing haemorrhoids (thankfully I've been spared them so far). She also seems to fancy herself as a comedic art historian too but there's no passion there.
    Give me Sister Wendy any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

aNgRy MeN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

No, she does a lot of stuff about art history too. I watched her YouTube special and didn't find it laugh-out-loud funny. It was witty, clever and very impressively constructed, but I've laughed more at Lee Mack's stand up shows, if I'm honest. More a brilliant lecture than a comedy set. She can be funny when she wants to be though. This clip (about being a lesbian and feeling alienated from the whole 'Pride' carnival) is very funny and well delivered.

• Advertisement

Quiet a few out there like her at the moment where I like what they are saying but find it more interesting than funny.

Very few right now with that Billy Connolly style craft of making a simple story seem hilarious

Advertisement