Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst current comedians.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Huh?

https://www.britannica.com/place/Tipperary-county-Ireland
    The geographic county is now divided administratively into a North and a South Riding (called North Tipperary and South Tipperary), with the county towns (seats) at Nenagh and Clonmel, respectively; each riding has a county manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Although still plenty of riding in Tipp, north and south councils amalgamated into one in 2014. No TN or TS car’s anymore. Only T.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,399 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

joeguevara wrote: »
    Although still plenty of riding in Tipp, north and south councils amalgamated into one in 2014. No TN or TS car’s anymore. Only T.

T really annoys me. Should be TY only the cities get single letter. Sorry for being off topic.

Des Bishop sucks. There we are back on topic now

breezy1985 wrote: »
    T really annoys me. Should be TY only the cities get single letter. Sorry for being off topic.

Des Bishop sucks. There we are back on topic now

His documentaries about learning Irish and doing a standup show as well as learning Chinese and doing a full show in China, has changed my mind about him. I first saw him on don’t feed the gondolas and found him annoying but he is creative. But completely understand that he grates on people.

Andrew Maxwell, has dirt on powerful people or best agent ever, but have no idea why he is considered a comedian. To get on I’m a celebrity, while in no way evidence of talent in itself is like me blagging my way onto real Madrid’s first team.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Dont seem to be any real comedians anymore. Just woke preachers with a mildly humorous twist on things

• Advertisement

road_high wrote: »
    Dont seem to be any real comedians anymore. Just woke preachers with a mildly humorous twist on things

Kevin Bridges breaks that mould.

If it wasn’t for his child’s illness Peter Kay was going to go on one of the biggest ever tours.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,529 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Andrew Maxwell, has dirt on powerful people or best agent ever, but have no idea why he is considered a comedian. To get on I’m a celebrity, while in no way evidence of talent in itself is like me blagging my way onto real Madrid’s first team.

He did win that ‘King of Comedy’ show, in England, back in the early 00’s.

The tide is turning…

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Hannah Gadsby. Who told this thing she was funny. What an insufferable cnut.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Is anyone familiar with the 'Totally Ruthless' facebook 'comedian'?

Vomit inducingly unfunny, yet seemingly with a decent following from mainly women, lapping up the absolute drivel she posts.

He did win that ‘King of Comedy’ show, in England, back in the early 00’s.

Pitted against the likes of Stan boardman who was still telling mick jokes and David copperfield, nurse ratchet could have one that.

• Advertisement

Pitted against the likes of Stan boardman who was still telling mick jokes and David copperfield, nurse ratchet could have one that.

Haha, I didn’t watch it, myself. Was a sort of spin on the whole Big Brother “thing” and wasn’t something that interested me.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Is anyone familiar with the 'Totally Ruthless' facebook 'comedian'?

Vomit inducingly unfunny, yet seemingly with a decent following from mainly women, lapping up the absolute drivel she posts.

No, but scrolled down her feed out of curiosity. She seems to just post videos of herself with that hall of mirrors distortion effect on her face, dunno what the technical term for it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

We have Karl Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Michael McIntyre - the comedy version of Ed Sheeran - bland mediocre talent whose considered "safe" to shove on tv...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Give it to me straight, like a pear cider made from 100% pears.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

They’re all still there , Just not on tv :)

I watched Brendan O'Carroll's old stand up. How has the liberal left not shut him down for his "homophobia"?

I have no problem with his stuff, but I've seen less "offensive" material pilloried.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I watched Brendan O'Carroll's old stand up. How has the liberal left not shut him down for his "homophobia"?

I have no problem with his stuff, but I've seen less "offensive" material pilloried.

The joe Duffy brigade Laugh at that sh1te , once in Joes “funny Friday “ I heard June rogers tell a slanty eye joke without getting pulled up

The joe Duffy brigade Laugh at that sh1te , once in Joes “funny Friday “ I heard June rogers tell a slanty eye joke without getting pulled up

Mad isn't it? Unevenly applied rules.

It was good of her to open the racist door with all due respect.

Who was inside, Ching Chong Chinaman or the smelly finger old man goes to bed with itchy bum one ?

• Advertisement

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    It was good of her to open the racist door with all due respect.

Who was inside, Ching Chong Chinaman or the smelly finger old man goes to bed with itchy bum one ?

I think she’s in the clear as long as she didn’t, actually, do the “eye thing”. Maybe I’m wrong?

She could be pre-cancelled before any “official” judgement is passed down, just to be on the safe side.

The tide is turning…

I think she’s in the clear as long as she didn’t, actually, do the “eye thing”. Maybe I’m wrong?

She could be pre-cancelled before any “official” judgement is passed down, just to be on the safe side.

And that's the beauty of modern day. I'm not 100% sure whether you or other people actually think like that.

The radio is a great place for slanty eye when you think of it.

We need more edgy racist jokes however, I miss them. They are character building, I never knew how to hide a ****** until someone told me to knock their teeth out in a coal bin.

Am I now a bad or evil person?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Am I now a bad or evil person?

You are, but it's fu*k all to do with your shi*e jokes

Edit: here is a smiley or two :-D :pac: :pac:

Seem piss taking on a forum that was originally mainly about piss taking needs to be explicitly mentioned.

While we are at it. Is there like some sort of comedians guild, where they have a big anthology of all the things you are not now allowed incorporate into humour, for fear of reprisals from a gang of stuck up unfunny chunts?

kenmm wrote: »

This guy, he keeps following me around.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,399 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

kenmm wrote: »

Is there a version of Godwins law about right wingers coming on forums bringing up cancel culture and the woke brigade even when no one else has gone near such subjects in the thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Is there a version of Godwins law about right wingers coming on forums bringing up cancel culture and the woke brigade even when no one else has gone near such subjects in the thread

Lol maybe, but whats that gotta do with anything???

It's after hours forum and it's piss taking. Are things that up tight these days we can't even do that??

Edit: I've re read your post, I'm not sure who is supposed to who here??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Rorys stories if youd even call it comedy, dont know how he has so many followers? What is comical is that he actually wrote a book about himself and it's being released soon, he wrote a badly written tweet about it saying he how he hopes his book about his life story will help and inspire other people. Like WTF?....

• Advertisement

Rorys stories if youd even call it comedy, dont know how he has so many followers? What is comical is that he actually wrote a book about himself and it's being released soon, he wrote a badly written tweet about it saying he how he hopes his book about his life story will help and inspire other people. Like WTF?....

Some is funny most is mediocre. Honestly I thought from seeing promotions that the book was an autobiography and I was wondering who would read it. But it’s a humourous book similar to his sketch ideas. But (and I’m beginning to realise I’m coming across as a left do folder which I am as far removed from as possible) he has just signed a mortgage and moved his family into a new home through nothing else but his own hard work and that has to be admired. Apparently a few years ago he was suffering severe depression and I hear a lot of people speaking about how he doing well is hope for them. One Thing i did like was every week he sang a song with his dad in a shed and was really touching. I need to look at a gangster flick now. Eeeeuuuuuuhhhhh

Advertisement