Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst current comedians.

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

joeguevara wrote: »
    Some is funny most is mediocre. Honestly I thought from seeing promotions that the book was an autobiography and I was wondering who would read it. But it’s a humourous book similar to his sketch ideas. But (and I’m beginning to realise I’m coming across as a left do folder which I am as far removed from as possible) he has just signed a mortgage and moved his family into a new home through nothing else but his own hard work and that has to be admired. Apparently a few years ago he was suffering severe depression and I hear a lot of people speaking about how he doing well is hope for them. One Thing i did like was every week he sang a song with his dad in a shed and was really touching. I need to look at a gangster flick now. Eeeeuuuuuuhhhhh

I completely agree, fair play to him and I hope he continues to do well but I dont get the humour at all, I dont want to be mean but he's really terrible imo!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭joeguevara

I completely agree, fair play to him and I hope he continues to do well but I dont get the humour at all, I dont want to be mean but he's really terrible imo!

I think the main reason he is popular with his fans is it’s simply doing something that you could do yourself. It takes skill to reenact let’s say the Eddie Murphy ‘what have you done for me lately eddie’ sketch but Rory is like, this is what a Garda would do if he came into the pub looking at 9 euro meals. Because it’s filmed just before release it’s exactly what everyone is talking about so definitely relaresble. Also there was fcuck all to do during lockdown and that’s when he really blew up.

I think the main reason he is popular with his fans is it’s simply doing something that you could do yourself. It takes skill to reenact let’s say the Eddie Murphy ‘what have you done for me lately eddie’ sketch but Rory is like, this is what a Garda would do if he came into the pub looking at 9 euro meals. Because it’s filmed just before release it’s exactly what everyone is talking about so definitely relaresble. Also there was fcuck all to do during lockdown and that’s when he really blew up.

That's exactly why I don't get how rorys stories is popular. His "sketches" are just people doing normal stuff. There's often no joke or punchline

• Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭joeguevara

That's exactly why I don't get how rorys stories is popular. His "sketches" are just people doing normal stuff. There's often no joke or punchline

It’s exactly what is making tik tok explode worldwide. Normal people recording themselves as a laugh and people are lapping it up, and the fact that they can monetise it easily is jackpot. He is also now selling out theatres doing the same thing with other similar types. Making more money than most. Not many people can have a laugh and earn enough to pay a deposit and get a mortgsge in a year or so,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

It’s exactly what is making tik tok explode worldwide. Normal people recording themselves as a laugh and people are lapping it up, and the fact that they can monetise it easily is jackpot. He is also now selling out theatres doing the same thing with other similar types. Making more money than most. Not many people can have a laugh and earn enough to pay a deposit and get a mortgsge in a year or so,

Bully for him. It's not a great development for comedy though when pretty much anyone with a smartphone can decide they're a comedian, case in point that "Totally Ruthless" one mentioned earlier. Friends and family might enjoy it but its mystifying when stuff like that becomes widely popular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,399 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

kenmm wrote: »
    Lol maybe, but whats that gotta do with anything???

It's after hours forum and it's piss taking. Are things that up tight these days we can't even do that??

Edit: I've re read your post, I'm not sure who is supposed to who here??

My point was every thread at some stage gets pushed into a moan about "woke liberals" by rightwingers just like has happened here

Just watched some of his stuff fr the first time and found it a bit obvious and lifeless

Mrs Brown's Boys is also very popular apparently

Mrs Brown's Boys is also very popular apparently

So is James Cordon driving his car round

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I see Spittle had a fluff piece in the Indo yesterday decrying the "sexism systemically embedded in the comedy world". You'd think quota hires would have the sense to keep the head down but then again, they need to promote the -ism in order to keep them in coin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I think she’s in the clear as long as she didn’t, actually, do the “eye thing”. Maybe I’m wrong?

She could be pre-cancelled before any “official” judgement is passed down, just to be on the safe side.

Oh she did it :)
    Like father ted but without the irony and taken at face value:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,529 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Oh she did it :)
    Like father ted but without the irony and taken at face value:)

Gotta cancel her so. Not other option. High time we cancel the Baron Knights for that ‘Chop Suey’ number they did.

Now, has anyone seen, or heard, either of them in the last 20 years?

The tide is turning…

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Brian McFadden

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Brian McFadden

Don't tell me hes doing comedy now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Don't tell me hes doing comedy now.

He always makes me laugh anyway.

He is really is the chunts chunt , isn't he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

dotsman wrote: »
    One of the best comedians back during the turn of the century. Gave it all up and retired. Has come back recently, doing a Netflix deal, but while funny, doesn't seem to be his best.

As well as standup, he had his own show (sketches), and was in a number of movies.

And, while he is black, even some of his stuff would be too edgy/unwoke for today's audience. I always loved his whitefacing, or even his "white man's voice".

Oh, and it's Dave, not David.

Hahahahaha, I don’t know if it’s because you mentioned it in your previous sentence, but I did “Oh, and it’s Dave, not David” in the white voice

Advertisement