Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Worst current comedians.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

"Comedians" I've never found funny

1. Rich Hall
    He compared Live At The Apollo.

And because he was the first America doing it he didn't want to screw up

but he said 'Live At The Apollo' instead of 'Live At The Apollo' :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Zaph wrote: »
    Lee Evans, definitely, he'd probably be in my top 3 worst comedians as well. I haven't see Zoe Lyons stand-up so no idea what she's like, but haven't been impressed by her on any panel shows I've seen. But Rich Hall is one of the funniest men on the planet. Went to one of his hoedown shows at the Cat Laughs a few years ago and it's one of the best comedy gigs I've ever been to.

Of those not already mentioned I'd throw Andy Parsons and Nina Conti into the mix. However hands down the worst "comedian" I've ever seen live, including the poor woman who was shepherded off by the MC halfway through her open mic spot in the Laughter Lounge, is Alison Spittle. She was an unpublicised support act at a gig I went to and I'd never heard of her before then. The kindest thing I can say is that I was embarrassed for her and I really think she should look into the possibility of a career change.

Rich Hall is more than a comedian, he's like a very drol philosopher

I've never found Johny Vegas funny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

I used to watch Mock the Week year ago when Frankie Boyle was on . Russell Howard was the worst person on the show , he'd do weird impressions and tell jokes that'd make no sense, I can't believe hes still making a career out of comedy. Obviously some people find him funny but I can't see why

Thought the same actually
    I even watched his own show and managed about 3 episodes before finally decided I just can't find him funny
    I really don't find his humour funny

Yurt! wrote: »
    We have a winner. Friends or family need to take him aside and gently explain to him that he's not funny.

He has a huge twitter following for a relative unknown, makes all the right noises when it comes to the twittersphere

• Advertisement

the only comedian who has never made me so much as chuckle is professional scouser John Bishop, worse still he's an immensely self satisfied twat who even he gets no laughs from an audience, laughs constantly at his own joke's

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Saw Rich Hall in Galway a number of years ago, thought he was very good

I went home with a guitarist from his band, at least that what he say anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Russell Brand

Tommy Tiernan is a clown and not in a funny way

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Alison Spittle because I'm an angry man, dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,359 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Plenty of crap ones who just speak waffle without saying anything like McEntyre, Gervais, Des Bishop, O'Doherty and Maxwell but the worst are
    Lee Evans who is just the most boring childish fool who I actually judge people based on their opinion of him
    And the other is Jack Whitehall who is the only one mentioned on the thread so far who makes me physically angry. He doesn't have any jokes it's all just prancing about going wow I'm such a toff I love rugger isn't it mad bants. It's like someone doing a stage play of Ross O'Carroll-Kelly but not realising it's supposed to be a comedy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Plenty of crap ones who just speak waffle without saying anything like McEntyre, Gervais, Des Bishop, O'Doherty and Maxwell but the worst are
    Lee Evans who is just the most boring childish fool who I actually judge people based on their opinion of him
    And the other is Jack Whitehall who is the only one mentioned on the thread so far who makes me physically angry. He doesn't have any jokes it's all just prancing about going wow I'm such a toff I love rugger isn't it mad bants. It's like someone doing a stage play of Ross O'Carroll-Kelly but not realising it's supposed to be a comedy

Yeah, Jack Whitehall has to be one of the worst out there. Can't stand him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

His SJW activism is funnier than his " comedy " which is saying something

Sir stevo Timothy something or other ?

Insufferable bore
    Farmer Michael he is.

Romesh Ranganathan gets on my wick. His whole patter is basically 'God, I hate my family'.
    Jack Dee did all that 20 years ago, and was much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Why the negativity folks.

Where is the best comedians thread. If a guy ain't funny, i'm not spending time talking about his lack of funniness.

Why the negativity folks.

Where is the best comedians thread. If a guy ain't funny, i'm not spending time talking about his lack of funniness.

your no fun. Im putting you on my list

• Registered Users Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

He compared Live At The Apollo.

And because he was the first America doing it he didn't want to screw up

but he said 'Live At The Apollo' instead of 'Live At The Apollo' :pac:
    Didn't jack dee make that joke too?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Omackeral wrote: »
    Alison Spittle because I'm an angry man, dude.
    I hear she has a new podcast with Blindboy Boatclub....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,887 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

I hear she has a new podcast with Blindboy Boatclub....

749.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I've never found Johny Vegas funny

Maybe it was the few drinks taken but JV on the Last Leg a while ago brought tears of laughter between the pair of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

There was a long running thread about the same topic ...

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057674448/236/#post114029503

And the run away winner (loser) was the epically unfunny Jason Byrne.

Followed by ALL female comedians.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

RWCNT wrote: »
    He's more of a podcaster pretending to be a comedian, but Brendan Schaub is the most dreadful attempt at comedy I've ever seen.

His attempt at a UFC career was hilarious tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,170 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I've never found him particularly funny but the documentaries he's made for BBC4 on American history & culture are quite good.

I saw him last year in the Roisin Dubh, I found him genuinely hilarious.

Jason Byrne wins it for me, he seems to have mistaken volume for humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭hawley

Neil Delamere gets gold for me. Comes across as quite a nasty individual too.

hawley wrote: »
    Neil Delamere gets gold for me. Comes across as quite a nasty individual too.

At least nasty is a form of personality something which plenty are lacking in comedy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭randd1

theteal wrote: »
    Maybe it was the few drinks taken but JV on the Last Leg a while ago brought tears of laughter between the pair of us.

The one about your man having sex with a fish?

"He should've lost his fu**ing rod licence" was the line that good me laughing like mad.

Very funny.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭Matmania

Forgot about lee evans. Didnt think he was still going. He probably joint gold. He just runs around sweating. Jack Whitehall another one who never tells jokes so probably can't even class him as a comedian. Still for me Russell Howard just shades the gold man he is stealing a living but fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

xxyyzz wrote: »
    I saw him last year in the Roisin Dubh, I found him genuinely hilarious.

Jason Byrne wins it for me, he seems to have mistaken volume for humour.
    So true, as have Shouty Tiernan, Shouty Vegas and Shouty Evans.

I also find Susan Calman tediously unfunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

McGaggs wrote: »
    Michael McIntyre
    I searched the thread to make sure he was mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Who is this lad David Chappelle that everyone is talking about...is he any good?

Who is this lad David Chappelle that everyone is talking about...is he any good?

Not into his stand up but some of his sketches on the Chappelle Show were amazing like his pissakes of Prince and even better Rick James that he done with Charlie Murphy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,745 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I think they're pretty much all terrible these days, the only one who I find consistently hilarious and insightful is Louis CK. His latest show after the metoo stuff was brilliant. Frankie Boyle is pretty good sometimes, although some of his jokes fall flat.

Advertisement