Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Affordable Housing and Pajama People

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 135 ✭✭Cobalt17

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Walked past the beautiful new Social Affordable estate of about 20 houses near my house.

Shocked to see 4 overweight women walking around in their pajamas at 10.40 am

I thought this behaviour was just a stereotype.

Shame as it looked like the estate was very nice.

Hoping it's just a Covid thing, but how can people do that?

This is why social and private housing should NOT be mixed. My children should not have to witness Jacinta, Anto and the rest of the vermin marching around in PJs and dressing gowns.

We’ve become tone deaf in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Paulownia

I’m too old fashioned I suppose but it’s part of the modern trend of people thinking that they have the right to do anything that they like regardless of the rest of the population, they are probably the people who dump rubbish in quiet places at dead of night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

It's more about what the clothes represent.

A lazy, selfish, free loading lifestyle which the rest of us have to pay for.

Are you talking about bankers?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,838 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Paulownia wrote:
    I’m too old fashioned I suppose but it’s part of the modern trend of people thinking that they have the right to do anything that they like regardless of the rest of the population, they are probably the people who dump rubbish in quiet places at dead of night

Bang on, I dump it anywhere, everywhere, shur I don't give a bollocks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

How difficult is it to get dressed FFS?

• Advertisement

How difficult is it to get dressed FFS?

To them as difficult as getting a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,290 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

bubblypop wrote: »
    you should have asked them how to spell pyjamas

Da childer dowunt be sleepin too well dees daze wot wit de vires, dowunt ya noze

tdf7187 wrote: »
    Are you talking about bankers?

Edgy

New dwellings must comply with the latest building regulations, which is part of the reason they're 'nice'. Would people be happier if we had a suite of 'lesser' building regulations which only applied to social housing?

Yep

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Bang on, I dump it anywhere, everywhere, shur I don't give a bollocks

Unfortunately you are not alone in this, shame on you! Do you really want to live in a country that’s a rubbish dump?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Urethral Buttercup

All of you people sitting at home are "pajamas people" now. Get a little humility and perspective.

Cobalt17 wrote: »
    This is why social and private housing should NOT be mixed. My children should not have to witness Jacinta, Anto and the rest of the vermin marching around in PJs and dressing gowns.

The library is doing free call outs to people like yourself that are sitting at home getting state benefits while people like me are out working my hole off. I suggest you go ahead and ask for Mein Kampf. Plenty in there that will interest you.

The library is doing free call outs to people like yourself that are sitting at home getting state benefits while people like me are out working my hole off. I suggest you go ahead and ask for Mein Kampf. Plenty in there that will interest you.

I work from home love, try again.

I work from home love, try again.

Five star story bud, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

10.40? My neighbours were in the front garden earlier at 4pm in their pyjamas and dressing gowns

Five star story bud, well done.

Thanks, always good to have fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Walked past the beautiful new Social Affordable estate of about 20 houses near my house.

Shocked to see 4 overweight women walking around in their pajamas at 10.40 am

I thought this behaviour was just a stereotype.

Shame as it looked like the estate was very nice.

Hoping it's just a Covid thing, but how can people do that?

Welcome to my world. In my estate there are 10 council houses inhabited by the pyjama wearing, orange tan, hoop earring wearing variety. Add their teenage offspring who drink cans in the green areas and shout at the elderly residences.

Will the Council or Garda enforce anti-social rules? Don't hold your breathe for it.

All of you people sitting at home are "pajamas people" now. Get a little humility and perspective.

Sorry I don’t wear pyjamas, perhaps I should if only when sitting at home!

When did people lose self respect, what did we do as a society?
    When I was young everyone seemed to have more respect for each other and themselves, there was a sense of community which has gone, certainly in urban areas, this is a serious question!

Paulownia wrote: »
    When I was young everyone seemed to have more respect for each other and themselves, there was a sense of community which has gone, certainly in urban areas, this is a serious question!

Reliance on welfare + soft-touch laws

• Advertisement

Reliance on welfare + soft-touch laws

It’s more than that. I grew up in a council house and my father was often on the dole and my mother made sure her children didn’t do the same and she made sure that we went to school and did well, the state paid for me to go to university and our neighbours were supportive and now young people from there tell me that they get jeered by their peer group when they go to university

It’s more than that. I grew up in a council house and my father was often on the dole and my mother made sure her children didn’t do the same and she made sure that we went to school and did well, the state paid for me to go to university and our neighbours were supportive and now young people from there tell me that they get jeered by their peer group when they go to university

Your father was often on the dole, but he also worked. I’m talking about people who are entirely reliant on welfare, generationally, and have no desire to work at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

Its the new Ireland that many of the PC brigade crave for, sad to see the lack of respect humans have for themselves and their communities...we might end up having a reverse darwin process ending up back at Ape-Monkey stage soon

Your father was often on the dole, but he also worked. I’m talking about people who are entirely reliant on welfare, generationally, and have no desire to work at all.

But why? Do they have no wish to escape, that is what I don’t get, my mother cleaned houses and I never heard her complain, the people that she worked for gave her the clothes we all wore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

We’ve become tone deaf in this country.

I live in a social/private development and its great. Yeah there are one of two scumbags families but the rest are grand.

Our kids play with a variety of kids in the area and as far as im aware so do all the other children. Think it's a great idea mixing people from different social backgrounds personally.

You said it yourself, your parents.

You said it yourself, your parents.

Not only my parents but the community we lived in, a neighbour bought me a suit for my graduation

Not only my parents but the community we lived in, a neighbour bought me a suit for my graduation

Fantastic. Sounds like a close knit group.

Can't really say anything about what happened. Drugs in the 80s and 90s? Softening of rules? Rise of the nanny State?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

I think you are barking up the wrong tree there. In one chapter, the author of that particular work was blatantly IN FAVOUR of people being in pyjamas outdoors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,781 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

You do realise that every generation of hand wringers before you has said almost the exact same thing - pretty much word for word?

Think carefully, I bet your parents said the same thing about society they grew up in compared to the one they found as adults.

And I bet their parents said the same.

People are mind numbingly predictable and boring.

Advertisement