Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Affordable Housing and Pajama People

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,808 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Ha meant to be great for the skin that.

Sure the dole is grand, but we still need more free houses!

fcuk me skin, more money for booze and fags

im looking for my second free house now, a holiday home, should be no bother either, shur im claiming for 10 kids, happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Walked past the beautiful new Social Affordable estate of about 20 houses near my house.

Shocked to see 4 overweight women walking around in their pajamas at 10.40 am

I thought this behaviour was just a stereotype.

Shame as it looked like the estate was very nice.

Hoping it's just a Covid thing, but how can people do that?

Pics or didn't happen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭chrissb8

It's a weird one for me as I think that because they're wearing pyjamas their mindset is that they're still at home or something when they come into the supermarket.

This above behaviour includes roaring at their kids, having really loud banter/conversations that are well above an acceptable level. The highlight is when they're screaming after each other between aisles....

"Michaela come ere...where are ya?"

"I'M OVER HERE AT THE BREEEAD"

"WHY U DWN DER? COME HERE AND SEE, DEY HAV BEN N JERYS 2 FOR 1.......

*little monster kid comes up with little potbelly wheezing about something he wants

"SHUT THE F**K UP JASON AND PUT IT BACK YOU BEEN WRECKING ME HEAD ALL DAY"

Fascinating, from afar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    fcuk me skin, more money for booze and fags

im looking for my second free house now, a holiday home, should be no bother either, shur im claiming for 10 kids, happy days

Well 2 houses are better than one, more space store the booze, fags amd pyjamas!

Well 2 houses are better than one, more space store the booze, fags amd pyjamas!

suppose i could flog the free pajamas i get, more booze and fags again

• Advertisement

suppose i could flog the free pajamas i get, more booze and fags again

Don't think the welfare provides free pj's, it's a fúckin disgrace!!

Don't think the welfare provides free pj's, it's a fúckin disgrace!!

you re obviously going to the wrong hatch

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Ironically enough, alot of the people making a laugh of the dole, will prob soon find themselves on it.:D or are already getting the dole on steroids 350.:D

Haha must be, silly me.

Would ya believe I saw three people walking together, they might have been members of the same family but it's a shame if they're not. Hotline to Joe Duffy is engaged so I'll start another useful thread here. Later plan to stoke further controversy by putting two sugars in my tea instead of one. You'd swear that spying on the neighbours was adrenaline enough but sometimes you need the extra buzz.

• Advertisement

Would ya believe I saw three people walking together, they might have been members of the same family but it's a shame if they're not. Hotline to Joe Duffy is engaged so I'll start another useful thread here. Later plan to stoke further controversy by putting two sugars in my tea instead of one. You'd swear that spying on the neighbours was adrenaline enough but sometimes you need the extra buzz.

To me those people are worse than any Pj wears they are the lowest form of life in my opinion, loath them.

Absolute toxic breed of people.

chrissb8 wrote: »
    It's a weird one for me as I think that because they're wearing pyjamas their mindset is that they're still at home or something when they come into the supermarket.

This above behaviour includes roaring at their kids, having really loud banter/conversations that are well above an acceptable level. The highlight is when they're screaming after each other between aisles....

"Michaela come ere...where are ya?"

"I'M OVER HERE AT THE BREEEAD"

"WHY U DWN DER? COME HERE AND SEE, DEY HAV BEN N JERYS 2 FOR 1.......

*little monster kid comes up with little potbelly wheezing about something he wants

"SHUT THE F**K UP JASON AND PUT IT BACK YOU BEEN WRECKING ME HEAD ALL DAY"

Fascinating, from afar.

So accurate 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

To be fair, I'm not particularly fashion conscious myself, never gave the slightest fúck to be honest, not even as a teenager. Brandless jeans or tracksuit bottoms and t-shirt does me most days.

But the aul pyjama crew are some craic, if you're stuck behind them in queue or whatever it can be great entertainment, different breed of animal altogether.

That's unfair to animals TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Cupatae wrote: »
    Ironically enough, alot of the people making a laugh of the dole, will prob soon find themselves on it.

--- and then, will make a concerted effort to get off it again when the opportunity arises.

Get the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Do you think? I always just thought it was there same PJs.

Do you think they have their Sunday best pyjamas?

I was mainly joking but wouldn't be surprised, and then...
    The big question is which pyjamas?

There's sleeping pyjamas

There's outside pyjamas

And theres the 'good' pyjamas for down 'da pub

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Is this your first time leaving the D4 shire ? and having to deal with the peasants? perhaps get mother dearest to arrange the chauffeur to take a more aesthetically pleasing route next time..

In reality this is old news.

No, but these houses are really nice, A rated, solar panels and charginging points for electric cars.

What does it tell you that some of the residents cant even be arsed to get dressed?

I'm off shift today. Normally up at 545am to work 12 hours to pay 53% tax to pay for these wasters.

Joke of a country.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I wear pyjamas all day now too. Its great. I'd be f*cking mortified to go outside in them though, much less to the shops or the town centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

They should just wear jeans and a shirt to bed, that way they could walk around all day every day in their bedclothes and nobody would be any the wiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

No, but these houses are really nice, A rated, solar panels and charginging points for electric cars.
    New dwellings must comply with the latest building regulations, which is part of the reason they're 'nice'. Would people be happier if we had a suite of 'lesser' building regulations which only applied to social housing?

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

Why do they do it?
    Is it some sort of fashion, or is it simply the case that they just don't bother to get dressed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Why do they do it?
    Is it some sort of fashion, or is it simply the case that they just don't bother to get dressed?

Big fashion trend, started by these two pioneers.

278062cc8ce26e1fff7348aa0f918e02.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tommybojangles

Had 2 in front of me in the shop last week, availing of the 20 cans for 20 quid sale. One started giving out about the cold.

The cold.

(i) It's a relatively warm April.
    (ii) Put on clothes

It's really horrible to think of all of the people who are going to be forced onto the dole in the coming months and how it's going to affect them and then you have these creatures delighted with themselves

topper75 wrote: »
    --- and then, will make a concerted effort to get off it again when the opportunity arises.

Get the difference?

Not really, if they are willing to take the handout they shouldn't bash it, its hypocritical. Surprised some of the smug ones ive seen would even lower themselves too it.. such high class upstanding citizens are surely above government hand outs since they make threads on the regular about "scum" on it.

What does it tell you that some of the residents cant even be arsed to get dressed?

I'm off shift today. Normally up at 545am to work 12 hours to pay 53% tax to pay for these wasters.

Joke of a country.

53% tax clearly you are struggling, have you thought about moving to a country that is less of a "joke" ? i mean you're clearly well off but chose to spend your time moaning about people on social welfare...its abit sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

53% tax clearly you are struggling, have you thought about moving to a country that is less of a "joke" ? i mean you're clearly well off but chose to spend your time moaning about people on social welfare...its abit sad.

Hes telling the truth though...anyone in modest employment with a family in this country is wasting their time.

We should all wear pajamas and stay on the dole for life. Theres more thought of you than working for anything close to minimum wage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

LuasSimon wrote: »
    Hes telling the truth though...anyone in modest employment with a family in this country is wasting their time.

We should all wear pajamas and stay on the dole for life. Theres more thought of you than working for anything close to minimum wage

Ok. You first. Be sure to come back and tell us what it's like.

LuasSimon wrote: »

Well that "dream" life is there for everyone, get your pjs on and hit for the social. Give us an update on your new life when ya get settled in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

Don't see it where I live all that much, most women around here really do take care of them selves.

Tho there is that mad eld one who was walking around in heels and a dressing gown :pac: and more make up then a clown. But shes harmless and makes me laugh so I don't really care. Not because she looks like a clown.. Just the voice. its like listening to a trolly dolly

• Registered Users Posts: 30,201 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I know somebody who used do this however they used spend about on hour on make-up because you couldn't be seen dead outside your house without your face caked in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

Every time the subject comes up, I’m reminded of the type in this video who seem to have a woeful stick up their arse over the most ridiculous things :D

That is a very strange commercial.

Are vauxhall cars aimed at knackbags, or did their marketing department make a seismic error in judgement?

Advertisement