Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Affordable Housing and Pajama People

Options
  • 23-04-2020 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭

Walked past the beautiful new Social Affordable estate of about 20 houses near my house.

Shocked to see 4 overweight women walking around in their pajamas at 10.40 am

I thought this behaviour was just a stereotype.

Shame as it looked like the estate was very nice.

Hoping it's just a Covid thing, but how can people do that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

maybe they can’t afford clothes on top of their e20 a week rent.Next time you see them out Tell them where the local Oxfam or charity shop is so they don’t have to embarass themselves in front of their children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Only shocking part is that they were up and about at 10.40am!!

you should have asked them how to spell pyjamas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭bigroad

Its even worse when you see them down shops at 3pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

The PJ people are fascinating and people that get offended by them. The inner snob and me looks down on people that were their PJ's outdoors. But other other part of me that hates authority/conformity goes "fair play to them, they don't give a ****."

But mostly, I think it's a trend like youngellas going around in tracksuits in the cold with their hands down their jocks. They all sort of like to just copy each other. And I don't think it's some noble "**** your societal norms, we'll do what we want" but more of a lazy trend of them copying each other.

BTW, the way I'm not implying any of those nitbags even know the word "societal" :P

article-1249887-080F569C000005DC-571_224x580.jpg

Actually now that I think of it, it's kinda gross. Sleeping in that all night. Few **** on ya and then going out to the shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Walked past the beautiful new Social Affordable estate of about 20 houses near my house.

Are you hoping they have Covid 19 or do you think they are wearing pyjamas as some sort of tribute to frontline workers ?

you mentioned they were overweight -maybe they are too obsece to fit into normal clothes with a waist and a shape.Maybe giant elasticated granny knickers and elasticated furry pyjama smocks from pennies is all they can fit into.Maybe you should point them to the local keep fit class so they don’t have to embarass themselves in front of their children. Did they have shoes or flip flops on?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

'Get bothered over what clothes people wear', thread.

Fann Linn wrote: »

i think the problem is that they aren’t wearing any!

i think the problem is that they aren’t wearing any!

I dont think he said they were in the nip.

• Advertisement

To be fair, I'm not particularly fashion conscious myself, never gave the slightest fúck to be honest, not even as a teenager. Brandless jeans or tracksuit bottoms and t-shirt does me most days.

But the aul pyjama crew are some craic, if you're stuck behind them in queue or whatever it can be great entertainment, different breed of animal altogether.

I dont think he said they were in the nip.

I think someone said NIT Bags.

Most apt.

To be fair, I'm not particularly fashion conscious myself, never gave the slightest fúck to be honest, not even as a teenager. Brandless jeans or tracksuit bottoms and t-shirt does me most days.

But the aul pyjama crew are some craic, if you're stuck behind them in queue or whatever it can be great entertainment, different breed of animal altogether.

You're right. Ive actually got a sister in law who belongs to that tribe and she's normally accompanied by a large breakfast roll when in her pjs.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,671 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Every time the subject comes up, I’m reminded of the type in this video who seem to have a woeful stick up their arse over the most ridiculous things :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Actually now that I think of it, it's kinda gross. Sleeping in that all night. Few **** on ya and then going out to the shop.

I'm sure they have 'bedtime' pyjamas and then their good 'going out' pyjamas. They're not savages!

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

I'm sure they have 'bedtime' pyjamas and then their good 'going out' pyjamas. They're not savages!

Do you think? I always just thought it was there same PJs.

Do you think they have their Sunday best pyjamas?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

There was houses added to a council estate near me, brand new A rated everything looked pristine. New walls, paths, etc... Couple of weeks later load of graffiti all over it. Not good graffiti either just absolute manky looking doodles. Houses will be wrecked in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I was in a queue for Tesco last week at around 4:30pm in the afternoon. The woman (*using the term loosely) in front of me was in her pyjamas and a pink fluffy bathrobe and slippers. She went in ahead of me and when I was going in I met her heading for the tills with a crate of beer and nothing else.

Lazy good for nothing slob are the only words I can use to describe her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

I was in a queue for Tesco last week at around 4:30pm in the afternoon. The woman (*using the term loosely) in front of me was in her pyjamas and a pink fluffy bathrobe and slippers. She went in ahead of me and when I was going in I met her heading for the tills with a crate of beer and nothing else.
    Lazy good for nothing slob are the only words I can use to describe her.
    She is a lightweight.
    The real drinkers are at the till at 10:30 am when the "ït is now legal to sell alcohol" time arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭kevcos

Yeah, am overweight cus eating ealthy costs more m8. Yada, yada, yada, something about the gubberment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,808 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

do you folks ever tire of creating these type of threads?

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    do you folks ever tire of creating these type of threads?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Tax dollars at work, not them though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

It's more about what the clothes represent.

A lazy, selfish, free loading lifestyle which the rest of us have to pay for.

ffs, i know things are tough enough at the moment, do some work around the house or something

ffs, i know things are tough enough at the moment, do some work around the house or something

Workin' round the yard all morning man and not a pyjama in sight either ;-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

Pkiernan wrote: »

Is this your first time leaving the D4 shire ? and having to deal with the peasants? perhaps get mother dearest to arrange the chauffeur to take a more aesthetically pleasing route next time..

In reality this is old news.

The big question is which pyjamas?

There's sleeping pyjamas

There's outside pyjamas

And theres the 'good' pyjamas for down 'da pub

Workin' round the yard all morning man and not a pyjama in sight either ;-)

the dole is so good now, ive moved on from pajamas and im doing things bollock naked

• Advertisement

the dole is so good now, ive moved on from pajamas and im doing things bollock naked

Ha meant to be great for the skin that.

Sure the dole is grand, but we still need more free houses!

Advertisement