Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Ireland Senior Hurling (Liam Mccarthy Cup) 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

Only seeing this now as I went out for dinner just after the second half started.
    Jeez the middle of an all Ireland hurling final you delve deep into my post history from 5 years ago. :pac: Quite sad really. Did you actually have nothing better to do?

Looking back on that post I was actually defending a Kilkenny player there which shows my unbiased.

To answer your question since about 2 to 3 years ago.

5 years ago. But leopards never change their spots etc and criticising a refereeing decision is not defending a Kilkenny player.

Indeed 'I hate Kilkenny but...' shows how unbiased you are.

Anyway, it took less than five seconds.

Click on Username - Click on Find More Posts By... - Click on GAA in forums.

Bye now !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,819 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I thought Cody was a bit ungracious in his post game interview.

No word of congrats to Tipp, just saying how well his team played, casts aspersions on the sending off decision, and then says it twice.

For a manager so used to the accolades, he sounded very sour and bitter in defeat..

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/brian-cody-youd-want-sure-red-card-205235

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭big_drive

ClanofLams wrote: »
    Think Murphy is the best goalkeeper in the country but think Hogan will probably get the All Star, despite puck out struggles early on today. No goals conceded in four out of eight championship games including All Ireland final is impressive, they like to share them around a bit I think too.

Murphy has conceded three goals in three games this year. Don’t think many of those were his fault but hard to say on face of it that it’s all star form.

I really wouldn’t rate Hogan that highly. Think he’s an average enough goalie, not bad just not on the level of Quaid, Nash , Murphy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Comhra wrote: »
    I thought Cody was a bit ungracious in his post game interview.

No word of congrats to Tipp, just saying how well his team played, casts

aspersions on the sending off decision, and then says it twice.

For a manager so used to the accolades, he sounded very sour and bitter in defeat..

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/brian-cody-youd-want-sure-red-card-205235

Cody's an ignorant prick

He knows sheedy has always had his number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Why do Sunday game pundits give out about referees not being consistent, and then when they apply the actual rules they say that they should apply common sense (i.e. ignore the rules to suit the situation).

Totally agree. Richie Hogan done Barrett. Its that simple. He caught him in the head with a high tackle. Hogan will know himself looking back on it. It was the correct call by Owens and his linesman.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

big_drive wrote: »
    Agree with most of those except goalie. I’d say it will be Rowland from Laois. I’d have Quaid, Murphy, fanning all ahead of hogan

John O Dwyer and Noel McGrath didn't puck a ball in the Munster final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

What happened to RTEs rule of not having pundits who are from the counties that are playing??

Shefflin was completely biased and bitter. The rules of hurling are the rules of the game whether it's a dead rubber league game or the final of the all ireland. You can't just change the rules because it might make the game a better spectacle for neutrals or because the game might be ruined with a red card.

But I knew when the red card happened that Shefflin was never in a million years going to go against his buddies and say it was a deserved red.

Henry could do nothing else only defend if ever wants to manage Kilkenny and the people would never forgive him, he was foolish to let himself be put on the panel today and no tipp person on the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭PhuckHugh22

Can we start a Tommy Walsh appreciation thread. The man is gold.

https://twitter.com/MaireTNC/status/1163098052422512640?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

I really wouldn’t rate Hogan that highly. Think he’s an average enough goalie, not bad just not on the level of Quaid, Nash , Murphy

Yeah but winning team gets more all stars, it’s not just the best player in every position. Cork aren’t getting more than one and Horgan is a cert. Don’t think Murphy is getting on the number of goals conceded alone, rightly or wrongly. Though it’s hard to say Huw Lawlor should get one if you’re thinking that way I guess.

Quaid is probably his main competition. He might get it alright but just think four ‘clean sheets’ including final will be enough for Hogan to get over line especially when Quaid got it last year, which seems to be a factor though shouldn’t be.

BloodyBill wrote: »

It’s semi finals and finals that really count. McGrath man of the match in semi, O’Dwyer very good too. Both good today. McGrath is nailed on cert think O’Dwyer gets one too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Congrats to Tipp, no arguments much the better side, Joanne Cantwell is excellent, Henry Shefflin talks some rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Can we start a Tommy Walsh appreciation thread. The man is gold.

https://twitter.com/MaireTNC/status/1163098052422512640?s=19

He's a legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Red card was very harsh.

But Tipp in full flight is some sight to see.

Once they settled they were class today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

What happened hogans nose? He didnt seem to be marked before leaving the pitch.

Edit. Just read on KK website Barrett did it in earlier confrontation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Red card was very harsh.

But Tipp in full flight is some sight to see.

Once they settled they were class today.

not sure how its harsh. he intentionally put his arm out to hit him. it couldnt be clearer. he set out to injure his oposition. if it was an accident then yes but it wasnt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭threeball

Agree with most of those except goalie. I’d say it will be Rowland from Laois. I’d have Quaid, Murphy, fanning all ahead of hogan

They picked enough on the day that mattered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Yeah but winning team gets more all stars, it’s not just the best player in every position. Cork aren’t getting more than one and Horgan is a cert. Don’t think Murphy is getting on the number of goals conceded alone, rightly or wrongly. Though it’s hard to say Huw Lawlor should get one if you’re thinking that way I guess.

Quaid is probably his main competition. He might get it alright but just think four ‘clean sheets’ including final will be enough for Hogan to get over line especially when Quaid got it last year, which seems to be a factor though shouldn’t be.

Quaid did not get one last year. Murphy did, and deservedly so. Quaid has'nt won an All-Star.
    Hogan a cert for me this year.
    Expect Tipp to get 5, just like Limerick last year. Seems to be the run of things now. The days of AI winners getting 8-10 awards are gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

The red card decision was completely correct, it was an unnatural movement of his elbow in a sneaky fashion. Knew exactly what he was doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Just saw the replay of Barrett’s foul on hogan a few mins before the red...
    He was a lucky boy. His Hurley clattered into Hogan’s nose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭threeball

Car99 wrote: »
    What happened hogans nose? He didnt seem to be marked before leaving the pitch.

Edit. Just read on KK website Barrett did it in earlier confrontation.

He had that injury when talking to the ref

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Seadin

tastyt wrote: »
    Cody's an ignorant prick

He knows sheedy has always had his number

I have great respect for Cody. A great hurling man and impressive cv. His team were beaten by a better team today. It happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

digzy wrote: »
    Just saw the replay of Barrett’s foul on hogan a few mins before the red...
    He was a lucky boy. His Hurley clattered into Hogan’s nose

have you a link to that

washman3 wrote: »
    Quaid did not get one last year. Murphy did, and deservedly so. Quaid has'nt won an All-Star.
    Hogan a cert for me this year.
    Expect Tipp to get 5, just like Limerick last year. Seems to be the run of things now. The days of AI winners getting 8-10 awards are gone.

Ah I forgot that. Don’t think winners ever got ten? Maybe one freak year. Was usually 7/8, 4ish for runners up and three or so floating.

Limerick got six last year, Tipp will probably get same. Galway got three.

Six Tipp and Horgan leaves eight spaces. KK four and two each for Wexford and Limerick I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Deaf student

Ref owens made a right call - red card. It was correct decision as I saw it a deliberate elbow to jaw. Surprised at other posters comment on sheffin as I went off TV after match ended. It defo a red card as he could be biased cis his home county.

Cody didn't offer congrats to a better team with or without 1 player sent off. Its hogan who let kilkenny down not the ref.

Why didn't hogan wipe the blood off his nose after getting send off? Was it to show he was innocent and unfairly sent off? Just wondering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Thought the referee did very wall today
    Could have been a few more frees for charging directly at an opponent and also for some thrown handpasses.
    Few puck outs were hit to a player inside the 21 as well

Got the red card decision correct

Seadin wrote: »
    Why didn't hogan wipe the blood off his nose after getting send off? Was it to show he was innocent and unfairly sent off? Just wondering

He probably didn’t care after getting sent off in an All Ireland final? Or maybe he did and it kept bleeding? Bit too much armchair psychology to be reading anything into that I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

threeball wrote: »
    Tipp are aging so difficult to see them win back to back in this format. Galway and Limerick would be my guess for next year.
    That u20 panel are starting to transition into the seinors.

Tipp will be strong for a while yet.

They'll always be there or there abouts. As are the other top six or seven counties. It's great to the SHC in such rude health. Anybody could win nxt year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Gentleman Off The Pitch

Hogan gets polaxed against Cork hops up like nothing happened, sparing the Cork player a red card. Barrett goes down like he was shot today, Hogan gets a red. It pays to try to get your opponent sent off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Hogan gets polaxed against Cork hops up like nothing happened, sparing the Cork player a red card. Barrett goes down like he was shot today, Hogan gets a red. It pays to try to get your opponent sent off.

Complete overreaction by Barrett. I'm sick of players bringing the amateur dramatics into hurling. It's a shame to see it happen more and more. Maher against Laois was a disgrace. You'd never see that out of Hogan, but his red was deserved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,675 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

threeball wrote: »
    Tipp are aging so difficult to see them win back to back in this format. Galway and Limerick would be my guess for next year.

I wish I shared your optimism about Galway winning next year!

Tipp playing like they did today would destroy us.

I cant see Galway or Limerick winning next year but who knows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,912 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Congrats to the Tipp lads, sending off or not, you couldn't argue that that second half performance was anything short of devastating, we've seen plenty of teams make a hames of playing against 14 men, but they went for the jugular. The work rate from some of their players was phenomenal, Noel McGrath had the best game I've ever seen him play.

Terrible result for kk but funnily enough the backs always looked good, and there's a bright future ahead for that unit I think. Don't think that result will have any bearing on the next time we meet.

Shame to see some of the usual on here disgracing themselves with personal insults of kk players, but none of those doing it are exactly a surprise. Nor is it a surprise we didn't hear a peep from them since before the quarter final when they were out in force pre-gloating. Think it's significant they aren't Tipp posters either.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Tipperary played brilliant with an extra man. Nothing new there. They weren't too hot 15 on 15 or in the Munster final .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,464 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Tipperary played brilliant with an extra man. Nothing new there. They weren't too hot 15 on 15 or in the Munster final .

I don't think Tipp put too much into that Munster final personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭larrya

Seadin wrote: »

What?

Both teams in the final today lost two matches this season, Galway have only lost two in two years, one an All Ireland final. Bit unlucky this year. It can change quick - Tipp didn’t get out of Munster last year.

Three seasons before won one year, other two years beaten by a point by the champions in semi final and final.

Not saying Galway will necessarily win it next year but be very surprised not to see them in semi finals.

larrya wrote: »
    What?

Probably wasn't even aware

Both teams in the final today lost two matches this season, Galway have only lost two in two years, one an All Ireland final. Bit unlucky this year. It can change quick - Tipp didn’t get out of Munster last year.

Three seasons before won one year, other two years beaten by a point by the champions in semi final and final.

Not saying Galway will necessarily win it next year but be very surprised not to see them in semi finals.

Tipp only lost the one.

lawred2 wrote: »
    Tipp only lost the one.

Yeah sorry my mistake. Was thinking of Limerick Kilkenny

• Advertisement

Congrats to tipp but red card completely changed the game and I think it was harsh, Barrett made the most of it and should be embarrassed looking back.saying that tipp looked to be getting on top at the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Jesus, get over it. Ye took a 14 point hiding. Doesn’t happen ye too often

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Hawkeye9212

Congrats to tipp but red card completely changed the game and I think it was harsh, Barrett made the most of it and should be embarrassed looking back.saying that tipp looked to be getting on top at the time

It wasn't harsh. Hogan deserved to be sent off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Why isn't anyone criticising Hogan for costing his team the match? His elbow was completely uncalled for. But no, much easier to slam the referee for actually applying the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

:D

I have a feeling Bill is a Treaty man.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Why isn't anyone criticising Hogan for costing his team the match? His elbow was completely uncalled for. But no, much easier to slam the referee for actually applying the rules.

So what about Barrett’s swipe on hogan

So what about Barrett’s swipe on hogan

Deserved a yellow at most.

Deserved a yellow at most.

As did Hogan’s on Barrett

As did Hogan’s on Barrett

Nope. That was a red.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

Easy play well a man up. Easy give a side a hiding when there a man down. Given his bloody nose it looks to me like he was looking to settle a score. Sending off ruined the game as a spectacle.

Advertisement