Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Senior Hurling (Liam Mccarthy Cup) 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Robson99

leestone wrote: »
    Limerick fans booing the free taker, disgracefully only county you see do it, explains the yobbish element of some of their supporters.

Were at that same ****e against Galway last year. Delighted there out

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

over the last 60 years , kilkenny won 11 titles between 1960 and 1999

they dominated from 2000 to 2015 winning 11 in that time ,

so realistically take away that 15 year spell the championship was always open , offaly , galway and wexford won between them 10 all irelands before kilkennys dominance started in 2000

edit : it also could be argued that munster was heavily represented by both cork and tipperary , clare won 3 and limerick won 2 all irelands in that time . the rest were won by tipperary or cork

Why can we not take the last 120years...why only 60? The larger a spread of time the more accurate any analysis is

• Registered Users Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

BloodyBill wrote: »
    Why can we not take the last 120years...why only 60? The larger a spread of time the more accurate any analysis is

because i was using it as an example , in that time frame it always seemed that the munster championship was stronger

plus i have far better things to be doing with my time then go back over the last 100 plus years

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

I feel bad for the ref...he wont get his free car:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

Robson99 wrote: »
    Were at that same ****e against Galway last year. Delighted there out

Can't say I like the idea of rejoicing in the defeat of the reigning champions, just because some of their supporters are a bit hooligan-lite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭spurshero

Didn’t really mind who won today but have to say with 15 to go I was shouting for kk cause there’ was at least 4 frees that limerick got points for that weren’t related to a free

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

JayIre wrote: »
    Easily the worst post I've ever seen on here. "Limerick beat themselves"? Kilkenny were ten times the better team today. Would've been criminal if KK lost.

10 times better ....come on now Kid you must be on the alcohol. The better team won but Limerick nearly snuck it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

Everyone predicted a Limerick Tipp All Ireland. Glad one of those teams out today. I would love to see Wexford win tomorrow. . It can be done :p

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Munsterbhoy

JayIre wrote: »
    Easily the worst post I've ever seen on here. "Limerick beat themselves"? Kilkenny were ten times the better team today. Would've been criminal if KK lost.

Here's me basing my argument on scoring chances. Well done KK BTW

• Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭road_high

D said that Kilkenny deserved to win a dozen times and followed it each time with a caveat. He's bullin' haha.

It takes more than a few perky pecs wrapped snuggly in a green jersey to beat a Cody team. Ravenous stuff.

Can’t stand him droning on- hates Kilkenny and can never let his obvious anti bias and deeply ingrained chip on his shoulder about them go. Knows fcuk all- he was limerick all the way at throw in.

• Advertisement

road_high wrote: »
    Can’t stand him droning on- hates Kilkenny and can never let his obvious anti bias and deeply ingrained chip on his shoulder about them go. Knows fcuk all- he was limerick all the way at throw in.

i think his prediction before the game was if kilkenny are not careful they could be 10 or 15 points down before half time :rolleyes:

conor05 wrote: »
    Yes a Wexford v Kilkenny final be a dream come true. Old rivals but always respected eachother.

The Craic among the fans could be brilliant

Kk Wexford would be unreal craic alright- such close neighbors and have never played in an All Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭leestone

Limerick although worthy winners last year had good fortune in every game from quarter final to final, in the quarter final it was the cats third game on the trot, semi cork self imploded and the final Galway were jaded and started three clearly injured players

Today they forgot champions have a target on their head and Kilkenny and Brian Cody are past masters of ripping up the form book.

John Kiely is a shrewd man and no doubt he will learn but might be some personnel switches from today next year

i think his prediction before the game was if kilkenny are not careful they could be 10 or 15 points down before half time :rolleyes:

I was half listening to him but he was very definitely saying Limerick all the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

**** me. Did he actually say that?

citykat wrote: »
    **** me. Did he actually say that?

it was in and around that ball park , the answer is no , what he did say is if limerick get off to a good start they could be out of sight by half time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Limerick although worthy winners last year had good fortune in every game from quarter final to final, in the quarter final it was the cats third game on the trot, semi cork self imploded and the final Galway were jaded and started three clearly injured players

Today they forgot champions have a target on their head and Kilkenny and Brian Cody are past masters of ripping up the form book.

John Kiely is a shrewd man and no doubt he will learn but might be some personnel switches from today next year

The opening 25 mins from kk were played with an intensity no team in ireland can match

Houding,hooking,hassleing...pure and utter basics 100% right....i never gave cody proper credit for all the all irelands he won(an exceptional team,with incredible luck regards injury/suspensions etc).....

but fcuk me hes gone up 1000 times in my estimation....a team that on paper is ordinary enough and they blew limerick away,who without 2 goals againest run of play wouldve gotten a fierce and deserved hiding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Fusitive

Ah, here we go again with the lucky All-ireland Champs. Limerick beat every major hurling team on the way to the All-ireland last year bar Clare, followed it with a league and a Munster and lost by a point to a dogged Kilkenny team in the Semi today. Limerick were the best team in the Country over the last 16 months, Cody said it himself.

Fusitive wrote: »
    Ah, here we go again with the lucky All-ireland Champs. Limerick beat every major hurling team on the way to the All-ireland last year bar Clare, followed it with a league and a Munster and lost by a point to a dogged Kilkenny team in the Semi today. Limerick were the best team in the Country over the last 16 months, Cody said it himself.

It’s fierce hard to keep up the momentum to win again- just ask Galway! Hurling is after becoming very competitive (which is great) the last few years with a good half dozen real contenders any year. Hates breath between them on the day

stats from the game today ,

limerick_v_kilkenny_stats.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭golfball37

Tipp haven’t a prayer against kk without Bonner Maher, they can’t beat them even when kk are in transition and experimenting in league games these past few years. Wexford would have a better chance but I suspect they won’t be up to beating kk twice in the one summer either.

It will be Cody’s best title imo. He won with ordinary teams in 12,14 and 15 but they still had that fear factor. That has disappated massively yet here they are still. Remarkable people led by a colossus of a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

golfball37 wrote: »
    Tipp haven’t a prayer against kk without Bonner Maher, they can’t beat them even when kk are in transition and experimenting in league games these past few years. Wexford would have a better chance but I suspect they won’t be up to beating kk twice in the one summer either.

It will be Cody’s best title imo. He won with ordinary teams in 12,14 and 15 but they still had that fear factor. That has disappated massively yet here they are still. Remarkable people led by a colossus of a man.

Can't beat them, short memory, tipp destroyed Kilkenny last time in croke park and would beat them again if they get past Wexford, sheedy would have tipp primed to beat Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Can't beat them, short memory, tipp destroyed Kilkenny last time in croke park and would beat them again if they get past Wexford, sheedy would have tipp primed to beat Kilkenny.

Yeah and i thought Cork would beat the cats.Im sure the Limerick fans thought they would win today as well.Write off the cats at your peril!

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Yeah and i thought Cork would beat the cats.Im sure the Limerick fans thought they would win today as well.Write off the cats at your peril!

Not writing them off but the poster above saying tipp can't beat Kilkenny is simply factually wrong. 3_2 to.Kilkenny in cody era finals.

Yes everyone will beat the cats (easily) apparently...on paper and RTE.
    Tipp still the small matter of Wexford tmoro but of course like tonight for Limerick that’s just a minor formality :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

I'd have had kk as about 6th favourites on paper for the AI this year.

Absolutely no-one does sheer will to win like them. Their intensity and self belief is out of this world. It's what separates champions from the rest

They're still carrying plenty of passengers yet are 70 minutes from an all Ireland

I thought Cody winning all Irelands in 12, 14 and 15 would never be surpassed but this would be another level entirely

That said when you have the best hurler of the generation anything is possible. It's an absolute joy to watch TJ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭spurshero

Who predicted this ??

spurshero wrote: »
    Who predicted this ??

Donal og Cusack

They're lacking an out and out top class hurler also.

Imagine what a TJ or even canning/ Horgan would do for them

They have no-one who can go out and win a game on their own when the team is misfiring. Good collective starting 15 but no real stand outs

• Advertisement

A pity to see Hogan a shadow of himself at 30 also. Riddled with injury the poor lad

That said could you honestly rule him out delivering a moment of magic or two in the final?

You'd be absolutely off your rocker to write off KK in a final

Advertisement