Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA UFC 4

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,352 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I might have a look at that just to see all the abuse he’ll get.

I may or may not partake in that myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,517 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I didn't watch it but read he said they won't be using the same engine as the last 4 games. Sound like they'll be trying something different at least bit my hype couldn't be lower unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,039 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

PR to limit the damage from 4 and attempt to paint the devs as listening to their audience and big up some potential changes for the new and improved game blah blah

I still play Undisputed 3, I really with those guys were still doing the games.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Undisputed 3 was definitely a peak for MMA games at the time and EA's first attempt was a big step down from it but I felt they made huge strides with 2 and 3 was the best MMA game I've ever played, but that's only my opinion and not everyone felt the same about it.

They stripped so many modes and features with 4 and replaced them with literally nothing. The gameplay isn't much, if any, better either so I don't know where those resources went. If they can even bring back UT and Live Events in 5 and tidy up the gameplay and graphics a good bit for next gen consoles, that'll do for me.

And if they just scrapped all the cosmetic and taunting bulls**t as well, that'd be great. It adds nothing to the game, leave that sh**e to Fortnite.

It's weird, it's like EA are saying this game doesn't make much money so won't give a proper budget so add fortnite **** to make it more popular with the kids. It goes down as the most empty souless mma game ever and they go ahead and renew the UFC license, just strange. Maybe with the newly renewed license and the backlash towards 4, they'll give 5 a proper effort but I've a feeling they'll double down on the bollox acting to make it more down with the kidz.

Anyway, new update coming, play as Icons in their Prime. Like Prime Khabib... who.. you know.. would already have his prime version in the game. Not sure what they are trying with this, bunch of fighters with slightly different looks but up their rating even more.

• Advertisement

That’s a blatant rip-off of the FIFA Prime Icons (exact same name, how original), only this actually adds nothing new to the game. Haven’t touched this in months and I really don’t miss it, I might even reinstall UFC 3 to see if there’s any online community still left in that, ‘‘twas a proper MMA game with none of the bulls**t from UFC 4.

Despite all the customisation crap that nobody wanted, it really isn’t all that fun to play either. Can’t quite put my finger on it, but I’d always want one more fight in UFC 3 and couldn’t put the controller down at times, had plenty of long gaming sessions with it. This, I don’t think I’ve ever strung together more than 4 or 5 fights without getting bored. There’s zero depth too, which shockingly happens when you remove two of the core modes from UFC 3 and don’t bother replacing them.

Icons now live, loada bollox. Islam added to the roster as well. Patch notes did say the team is busy working on improvements for the future of the franchise so no actual gameplay updates which is good, leave ufc 4 to rot and concentrate on 5.

Well..... was not expecting Molly and Paddy to be added to the game :D Paul Craig & Tom Aspinall also added.

Just give us UFC 5 news so we can mentally prepare for disappointment.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

This is just going to go down the same cycle that FIFA does as long as it is with EA. They will announce UFC 5 at some point and pick 5 new features or improvements and focus heavily on those along with claims of some new engine or advanced *insert marketing name here* intelligence/graphics. Then the game will launch and be the exact same as the year before except with the biggest complaints people had fixed but 10 different things broken in its place, most of which were working perfectly fine before. With FIFA they got lazy because they make so much money from Ultimate Team that they literally just churn the game out year on year now with minor tweaks and it makes a boat load of cash for them. A few new designs on cards, a new user interface and that's about it each year at launch. Then throughout the year they just churn out new versions of player cards to entice people to spend on packs etc to the point where there's a new type of card out nearly every week or two. UFC doesnt have that luxury but they seem to be happy to sit on their hands once it's launched and not make any improvements, a few character skins dropped throughout the year to add new fighters and that's about it.

The best thing that could have happened to the game was EA didnt get the license to make it anymore and someone else got a go. Until that happens be prepared to just play the same broken game each time with what sounds like some cool new features to encourage you to preorder, only to then 10 hours later wish you hadnt wasted your money and fell for the hype.

I find myself going on every now and then when I just want to play something quick and am in the mood to throw hands rather than play a shooter or something else. I'm level 97 in Online World Championships and every time I play it just reminds me how broken the game is but also their ranking system. One fight I can face someone level 80 and the next the person can be level 15 and the reality is in some ways either has as much chance of beating me because the game is so wonky at times. Blitz Battles and the like sounded early on like they could be fun but that got boring very quickly and theres no real incentive to go back in and play it over and over again. As you said..hurry up and announce it so we can prepare for the disappointment.

Side note - whats that Boxing game called you posted about before, or any update on it? It was looking decent at the time and a sign of what you can have if you give someone outside of the EA's of this world a shot.

ESBC (E-Sports Boxing Club). It delayed release but only due to the fact it got a major investment and they decided they could make the game a lot better and reworked systems and signed a ton of fighters, coaches, promotors and Journos. Local MMA outlet Fight Connect TV and Lydia will be in the game which is just class.

• Advertisement
Advertisement