27-03-2021, 12:53   #61
seraphimvc

Send a message via MSN to seraphimvc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captcha View Post
Will check with them, thanks
did you hear anything back?

same thing happened for me as well - first time returning item since brexit - while i am fully aware of the slight change on we should only return if faulty, to my surprise that I returned and received refund but the refund excludes the Irish import fee deposit.

Does this make sense? Because technically we are returning to 'UK' (even when we know the item is sent to somewhere in Ireland or Luxembourgh etc)??

Spoke with amazon and they said they dont refund import fee this change is massive and I didnt see this coming.

After reading the thread - i am going back to clarify with Amazon again

edited: after further clarified with amazon, they apologized for the error as the import fee will be refunded as well, within 180days oh well whatever, resolved.

Mod. post on other thread deleted, as this one is specific to the issue.

Last edited by whiterebel; 27-03-2021 at 14:55.
Advertisement
30-03-2021, 12:11   #62
Captcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by seraphimvc View Post
did you hear anything back?

same thing happened for me as well - first time returning item since brexit - while i am fully aware of the slight change on we should only return if faulty, to my surprise that I returned and received refund but the refund excludes the Irish import fee deposit.

Does this make sense? Because technically we are returning to 'UK' (even when we know the item is sent to somewhere in Ireland or Luxembourgh etc)??

Spoke with amazon and they said they dont refund import fee this change is massive and I didnt see this coming.

After reading the thread - i am going back to clarify with Amazon again

edited: after further clarified with amazon, they apologized for the error as the import fee will be refunded as well, within 180days oh well whatever, resolved.

Mod. post on other thread deleted, as this one is specific to the issue.
Yes I got the entire amount refunded. I was actually being stupid, I had 342 in my head and on the AZ website it had 287... EUR to £ didnt compute in my ape brain
11-04-2021, 18:03   #63
lewisdhead

I returned an item to Amazon last week. No problems, printed forms, followed instructions. My query is this:

I requested for the item to be replaced, so I’m getting the same item resent, as there was a small flaw in the original item. Amazon have done that and the replacement item has arrived already. The item I sent back went to Portlaoise, I’ve tracked it. What happens next with the item I’ve sent back as on the Amazon website it said that if it’s not received back with 30 days they’ll charge me for the replacement item. How do I know it’s back with Amazon as the return only tracks as far as Portlaoise?? There was an Amazon UK address on the commercial invoice but it was only an Amazon billing address.

The label had:

1. My address as the shipper.
2. Delivery address to Amazon Returns c/o An Post Portlaoise.
3. Bill to: Amazon address in London.

Thanks.
11-04-2021, 22:48   #64
whiterebel

Amazon consolidate all the returns from Portlaoise. As far as they are concerned they have it now.
(2) thanks from:
12-04-2021, 13:41   #65
Caranica

Does anyone know if I have to go into a post office for an Amazon return. Prepaid label address is Portlaoise. I've put the customs declaration on the outside but the instructions say give the commercial invoice to the carrier.

It's only a faulty meat thermometer, value under £10, so it would easily fit in a post box if I can just drop it, rather than spend my lunchtime queuing in the post office.
Advertisement
12-04-2021, 14:13   #66
madmaxvideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caranica View Post
Does anyone know if I have to go into a post office for an Amazon return. Prepaid label address is Portlaoise. I've put the customs declaration on the outside but the instructions say give the commercial invoice to the carrier.

It's only a faulty meat thermometer, value under £10, so it would easily fit in a post box if I can just drop it, rather than spend my lunchtime queuing in the post office.
I've only used this return process once, think you need to go to the desk, it scanned and returned similar to registered post, they give a receipt , no need for the declaration to be handed in once its attached to the package.
Thanks from:
24-04-2021, 21:23   #67
Vego

Amazon returns

Hi folks I'm sure this has been answered a 100 times ...but I got something delivered from Amazon came broken ....initiated the returns process told the seller I had pic of damaged goods ....they accepted the returns process ....I reg posted it back to make sure there was no ambiguity .....seller only refunded my initial cost and not the extra postage ......is that the way it is or should they have paid for the postage as the product was defective .either way I'm not fussed but just to be clear about it ..cheers
25-04-2021, 10:36   #68
Mascher

Sending back to the UK for repair

So I've to send something I bought from Amazon 18 months ago back to the UK for a repair. How do I do this without paying customs on the item or is that possible at all?
25-04-2021, 17:03   #69
whiterebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vego View Post
Hi folks I'm sure this has been answered a 100 times ...but I got something delivered from Amazon came broken ....initiated the returns process told the seller I had pic of damaged goods ....they accepted the returns process ....I reg posted it back to make sure there was no ambiguity .....seller only refunded my initial cost and not the extra postage ......is that the way it is or should they have paid for the postage as the product was defective .either way I'm not fussed but just to be clear about it ..cheers
They should refund postage too.
Advertisement
30-04-2021, 18:12   #70
Grahamer72

The last two items that i've returned have not had a refund issued the same day i dropped them back to the Post Office like they used to do.
This happen to anyone else recently??
30-04-2021, 18:16   #71
VG31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahamer72 View Post
The last two items that i've returned have not had a refund issued the same day i dropped them back to the Post Office like they used to do.
This happen to anyone else recently??
I returned something about 10 days ago and got the refund the same day as normal.
Thanks from:
30-04-2021, 18:50   #72
Grahamer72

Quote:
Originally Posted by VG31 View Post
I returned something about 10 days ago and got the refund the same day as normal.
Must be just me so.
08-05-2021, 16:01   #73
quad_red

Trying to return something to Amazon De

Hi folks,

I've read through the thread but I haven't come across this one (apologies if i've overlooked this elsewhere).

I bought a Roborock vacuum for my folks (pet hair, bad backs etc.). What came was a filthy used unit, missing parts with the previous owners return docket still stuck to the front of it.

Starting the return process was no problem - they said it was my responsibility to return but they'd only cover it up to eleven euro.

But, as many others have experienced, An Post won't accept it. They won't issue a docket to bring it back to Port Laoise. Amazon Uk aren't interested.

Tried Parceltogo.com and they quoted 81 sterling to return the thing.

UPS say they won't ship to the address Amazon provided because the postcode is invalid. Amazon won't provide an alternative.

If this thing hadn't cost 250 quid I'd have given up by now.

Anyone have any suggestions what I can do here? (I will never buy anything off amazon de ever again).

Cheers,
Quad
08-05-2021, 16:06   #74
Peregrinus

Why won't An Post accept it? I mean, I get that they won't accept it for the depot in Port Laoise, but can't you just post it back to the address in Germany?
08-05-2021, 16:19   #75
quad_red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrinus View Post
Why won't An Post accept it? I mean, I get that they won't accept it for the depot in Port Laoise, but can't you just post it back to the address in Germany?
Because it has a battery.

Tried UPS there. Because it has a battery it'll cost me 47 quid from them.

Which Amazon will pay 11 quid of.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion