Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,040 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

EarWig wrote: »
    Based on my experience, once it get's dispatched, I get a new estimated delivery date, and that date is accurate.

I ordered something yesterday and paid for priority. the delivery date is next tuesday. It dispatched overnight and has done the customs clearance in swords. Oddly it still says the delivery date is next tuesday though I expect to have it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

I've just had a notification that part of my S&S order will be delivered next week by An Post. I'm in Dublin and haven't had an An Post Amazon delivery since about November iirc. It's all been their own drivers, just had one a few minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭EarWig

Caranica wrote: »
    I've just had a notification that part of my S&S order will be delivered next week by An Post. I'm in Dublin and haven't had an An Post Amazon delivery since about November iirc. It's all been their own drivers, just had one a few minutes ago.
    Can it fit in a mailbox by any chance?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Suspect Amazon are putting out longer delivery dates to save getting caught out for late deliveries and potential compensation. All mine have come in early that projected.

Can it fit in a mailbox by any chance?

Depends on the packaging but potentially yes. At the same time I've had SD cards delivered by Amazon logistics so it's not that.

• Advertisement

Depends on the packaging but potentially yes. At the same time I've had SD cards delivered by Amazon logistics so it's not that.
    The only delivery I've had by An Post in months was something that could fit in the mailbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,212 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I'm based in North Dublin and I have Prime. Ordered something yesterday and the initial delivery estimate was 6th April. I see on the tracking that the item cleared customs in Swords overnight.

Can I get excited about a potential knock on the door or will it sit there for a few days now?
    1huge1 wrote: »
    I'm afraid not, that customs clearing in Swords is virtual to speed up the export of it from the UK into the EU, the item is still in the UK.

You'll see this for almost every item you order from Amazon.co.uk these days, sometimes you'll see it clear customs in Belgium but the item itself has never left the UK.

Just to close the loop on this, it's now out for delivery. :)

The only delivery I've had by An Post in months was something that could fit in the mailbox.

Just got the rest of the dispatch notices. All coming by An Post including toilet paper and kitchen roll. Baffling given I got a meat thermometer delivered by Amazon today.

Just got the rest of the dispatch notices. All coming by An Post including toilet paper and kitchen roll. Baffling given I got a meat thermometer delivered by Amazon today.
    Yes, baffling.....

They do also seem to also take into account failed deliveries by certain companies. Have you had issues with Amazon logistics in the past?

Yes, baffling.....

They do also seem to also take into account failed deliveries by certain companies. Have you had issues with Amazon logistics in the past?

Only in week 1 after they took over, nothing since and plenty of orders gone in

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Ordered a memory card Thursday night, said Tuesday for delivery due to Easter...is out for delivery today (South Dublin).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭corkie

26th March order of 3 items dispatched today 03/04

Still says Wednesday (7th) as delivery date by AnPost to Cork.

Edit: Got a text on Easter Sunday from anpost, delivery in 2 working days.

Another (2 items) order on 29th still not dispatched. Delivery Thursday.
    Edit 2: Dispatched on Easter Sunday as well.

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Ordered some stuff yesterday morning and it's out for delivery today. Seriously impressive.

I'm so glad to see that they addressed the Irish market post brexit. I find Amazon a really fantastic resource. I was worried it would just drift along with 2 week delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Captcha

Just recieved a 400 euro wifi Asus setup from Amazon.DE and of course, it comes with only their EU plug lol.... This is such a pain in the horse!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,708 ✭✭✭✭zell12

An Post delivered today, on a public holiday
    qWKl2mT.png

Yeah I got An Post Amazon deliveries Friday and today. All part of a S&S order where each product has been dispatched separately by An Post despite almost all my other deliveries in the past 6 months being Amazon's own.

Captcha wrote: »
    Just recieved a 400 euro wifi Asus setup from Amazon.DE and of course, it comes with only their EU plug lol.... This is such a pain in the horse!

Known risk from ordering from EU sites.

Order something like 2 Pin EU to UK Plug Adapter or pick one up in a discount store.

Edit: - Or order a compatible DC-IN power adapter with a UK plug.
    Or if possible cut the wire and put UK plug on it.

"He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him round the moons of Nibia and round the Antares maelstrom and round perdition's flames before I give him up!" - Khan quoting Moby Dick (Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan)

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Captcha

corkie wrote: »
    Known risk from ordering from EU sites.

Order something like 2 Pin EU to UK Plug Adapter or pick one up in a discount store.

Edit: - Or order a compatible DC-IN power adapter with a UK plug.
    Or if possible cut the wire and put UK plug on it.

Was a bit of a nightmare but think I've finally found the right adaptor...

corkie wrote: »
    26th March order of 3 items dispatched today 03/04

Still says Wednesday (7th) as delivery date by AnPost to Cork.

Edit: Got a text on Easter Sunday from anpost, delivery in 2 working days.

Another (2 items) order on 29th still not dispatched. Delivery Thursday.
    Edit 2: Dispatched on Easter Sunday as well.

Got the first parcel on Tuesday 6th and second today 8th.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Got the email saying my item is due for delivery tomorrow (Saturday) by Amazon. Does this mean that it will arrive In a Amazon branded van or just a random guy in a car?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,040 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Got the email saying my item is due for delivery tomorrow (Saturday) by Amazon. Does this mean that it will arrive In a Amazon branded van or just a random guy in a car?

i haven't received any amazon deliveries from an amazon branded van, just a plain white van. it won't be a car though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

The random car is when its a Fastway delivery and its a mate of the driver doing a nixer.

One of the reasons I use Amazon Prime is that avoids Fastway.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

I returned an item to Amazon last week. No problems, printed forms, followed instructions. My query is this:

I requested for the item to be replaced, so I’m getting the same item resent, as there was a small flaw in the original item. Amazon have done that and the replacement item has arrived already. The item I sent back went to Portlaoise, I’ve tracked it. What happens next with the item I’ve sent back as on the Amazon website it said that if it’s not received back with 30 days they’ll charge me for the replacement item. How do I know it’s back with Amazon as the return only tracks as far as Portlaoise?? There was an Amazon UK address on the commercial invoice but it was only an Amazon billing address.

The label had:

1. My address as the shipper.
    2. Delivery address to Amazon Returns c/o An Post Portlaoise.
    3. Bill to: Amazon address in London.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Amazon consolidate all the returns from Portlaoise. As far as they are concerned they have it now.

Does anyone know if I have to go into a post office for an Amazon return. Prepaid label address is Portlaoise. I've put the customs declaration on the outside but the instructions say give the commercial invoice to the carrier.

It's only a faulty meat thermometer, value under £10, so it would easily fit in a post box if I can just drop it, rather than spend my lunchtime queuing in the post office.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭madmaxvideo

Does anyone know if I have to go into a post office for an Amazon return. Prepaid label address is Portlaoise. I've put the customs declaration on the outside but the instructions say give the commercial invoice to the carrier.

It's only a faulty meat thermometer, value under £10, so it would easily fit in a post box if I can just drop it, rather than spend my lunchtime queuing in the post office.

I've only used this return process once, think you need to go to the desk, it scanned and returned similar to registered post, they give a receipt , no need for the declaration to be handed in once its attached to the package.

Does anyone know if I have to go into a post office with an Amazon return. Have a prepaid label for Portlaoise, faulty small item, value under £10. I've the customs declaration stuck to the package as well as the label, and the barcode inside.

The instructions say I have to give the commercial invoice to the carrier, do I still need to do this? A5 envelope will fit in a post box and I'd much rather not waste my lunchtime in the post office if I can avoid it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Mod - your post was moved to the Amazon returns thread at the top of the page.

whiterebel wrote: »
    Mod - your post was moved to the Amazon returns thread at the top of the page.

Thanks, this is the only thread I follow in this forum so I missed it.

• Advertisement

Anyone getting messages on delivery tracker "the driver has to make a few more deliveries on the way to your address"? It happens about 1 in 3 of mine lately. I'll get the notification that the driver is 8 stops away (and see they're in my greater development). Two hours later I'll check the app and get that message. Delivery could be delayed by a further 2-3 hours. 8 stops away from within my development is usually 30 minutes or less, not 5 hours.

Edit, it's changed again to say it's 7 stops away. Which it was at 12.45, but location is different?

Advertisement