Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Got home today from work logged on and tickets for nearly every game available, spent hours yesterday and got nowhere. There were ABCD for the french game, ABCD for QF saturday night. Got my tickets so all happy to have tickets for both quarter finals and not to be looking on that website again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Got a Cat B ticket for France game. Will do for the time being. If anything lower comes up in the next few weeks I'll try trade down and put the B back up for sale.

Afraid to look at the bank account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Got a Cat B ticket for France game. Will do for the time being. If anything lower comes up in the next few weeks I'll try trade down and put the B back up for sale.

Afraid to look at the bank account.

have a cat c for france, will resale if cant organise flights at a reasonable cost

Won't be looking at flights and accomodation until after next pay day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Won't be looking at flights and accomodation until after next pay day!!

http://www.abbeytravel.ie/sports/rugby.aspx

Is there any pattern to tickets going up on the site or is it just random?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

Is there any pattern to tickets going up on the site or is it just random?

Mad they could have had all categories up again today, even for "sold out" matches.

Yesterday was "all remaining tickets" on sale. Odd system they have, the money grabbing shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Do You Even Squat

So are all hostels in Cardiff booked out for the QF weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

So are all hostels in Cardiff booked out for the QF weekend?

They've been booked out since last September

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Do You Even Squat

NoelJ wrote: »
    They've been booked out since last September

Shít. Been looking for hostels in Newport and there's nothing. Kinda fúcked now. Any advice?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,315 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Shít. Been looking for hostels in Newport and there's nothing. Kinda fúcked now. Any advice?

Bristol. It's as close as you're gonna get.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Esto Fidelis

Hi Guys

Got 4 tickets for Ireland vs France after 3 hours wait on Thursday, now it's on to getting over there.

I am looking for a bit of advice on the various options I am considering.

1) fly to Birmingham and get train to Bristol and get train on the day
    2) hire camper here and get the boat
    3) hire camper over there

Option 3 cuts out the €600 ish for the ferry so would fly over then instead.

If I go with option 1 does anyone know best places to go to experience the rugby vibe and Craic.

If I go with 2 or 3 do you have any recommendation on places to park up, I looked up Llandaff but looking for your help choosing somewhere that might have something going on.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Guys

Got 4 tickets for Ireland vs France after 3 hours wait on Thursday, now it's on to getting over there.

I am looking for a bit of advice on the various options I am considering.

1) fly to Birmingham and get train to Bristol and get train on the day
    2) hire camper here and get the boat
    3) hire camper over there

Option 3 cuts out the €600 ish for the ferry so would fly over then instead.

If I go with option 1 does anyone know best places to go to experience the rugby vibe and Craic.

If I go with 2 or 3 do you have any recommendation on places to park up, I looked up Llandaff but looking for your help choosing somewhere that might have something going on.

Thanks in advance.

We are going option 1, flying to birmingham, train to bristol, staying in bristol and bus/train to cardiff. Going for the opening weekend, ireland v canada and wales v uruguay, both in millenium.

Booked that way because it was the cheapest and also because theres no accomodation left in Cardiff. Bristol seems like a nice place from people I have talked to and what Ive read.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 tmkly

Got tickets for the Sunday quarter final in Millennium. Bit presumptuous that Ireland will top the group but if not we will swap with Saturday people! 10 of us travelling. We had booked our ferry months ago even with accommodation booked out everywhere.

We are planning to camp in a tent for 4 nights in Cardiff Harlequins RFC who do a camping service for big games like these. They did for Heineken cup finals that were in the Millennium before. However as time ticks on we are looking at renting a camper van when we get off the ferry and wondering are they many doing the same?

Camping in a welsh field in the middle of October isn't exactly the ideal holiday but sure it will still be almighty craic regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Category A tickets available for the France game ATM.

£250!! Good one.

Have a Cat B £175 for that game - as soon as I can get a C or D I'll be trading down!

Currently I have 3 tickets:

Ireland V France - Cat B
    Win D V RU C - Cat C
    Win C v RU D - Cat C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

vienne86 wrote: »
    Category A tickets available for the France game ATM.

I'd like to remind everyone that your favourite mod, yours truly, just had a significant birthday and didn't receive a collective pressie from the posters here.

Just sayin'....

.ak wrote: »
    I'd like to remind everyone that your favourite mod, yours truly, just had a significant birthday and didn't receive a collective pressie from the posters here.

Just sayin'....

Any spare tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Esto Fidelis

@tmkly

Just remember it will be October and you could get any weather, tent may not be a good idea. By the way I booked a camper into Llandaff RFC today but I don't think they take tents. We are flying in to LUTON, picking up a four berth camper and driving across. If you are travelling by boat you could do similar if you google it you will find lower cost van every thing from the hippy style to a small car van to the larger type. It would be worth looking into if you have a few to split the costs as you will be in Cardiff rather than getting say Bristol and missing out on the WRC vibe

• Advertisement

@tmkly
    If you are travelling by boat you could do similar if you google it you will find lower cost van every thing from the hippy style to a small car van to the larger type. It would be worth looking into if you have a few to split the costs as you will be in Cardiff rather than getting say Bristol and missing out on the WRC vibe

Id say there will be a decent amount of Irish in Bristol too.
    Anyway, its only five quid away so you only need to be in Bristol to sleep and can spend the day (and half the night) in Cardiff if you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭crisco10

Just a heads up....more tickets online today. Grabbed a few Cat D's for the Sunday QF.

Cat B for France game also up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

France A&B and Italy A&B up now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Ascii

Did most people wait until they got match tickets before they arranged accommodation and flights/boat?

We booked the travel arrangements 10 months ago. Always wanted to get over there and have a bed. The match tickets would follow naturally. Only got the match tickets the last week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭kuang1

Ascii wrote: »
    Did most people wait until they got match tickets before they arranged accommodation and flights/boat?

We booked the travel arrangements 10 months ago. Always wanted to get over there and have a bed. The match tickets would follow naturally. Only got the match tickets the last week
    Yup.
    Campervan booked into Cardiff campsite (about 500 yards from the millenium) last August for weekends of Canada and France games. Guy at the site told me they have room for 12 Campervans, and I "was the 7th Irish lad to book in for those weekends" at that time!!!!
    Booked ferry at that stage too.

• Advertisement

CAT A Italy
    CAT B France
    CAT C both Group D QFs

Available at the moment

Is it me or are the Cat C (lime green) worse than Cat D (pale blue)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

A lot of people don't like to be stuck behind the sticks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Finally picked up two Cat B tickets for France game, sitting together too.

Awful lot of money but it's a once off.

Thanks to everyone who updates the thread when tickets are available.

Can't feckin wait now!!!!!

I completely agree, although my friend claims having an angle is better.

That said, I got the front of upper tier corner for Ire v Canada, and paid Cat D. Its in Cat C section according to map. Strange. Ill take it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

Just posted 3 Cat D tickets for the W Pool D v RU Pool C QF, they should be up soon. Hate selling them but people bailed on me :/

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭andymx11

I completely agree, although my friend claims having an angle is better.

That said, I got the front of upper tier corner for Ire v Canada, and paid Cat D. Its in Cat C section according to map. Strange. Ill take it!

How do you know where the seats are? I have tickets to the Ireland France game but didn't think you could see where you are sitting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

andymx11 wrote: »
    How do you know where the seats are? I have tickets to the Ireland France game but didn't think you could see where you are sitting.

If you sign in you can see your seats on your profile and check them against the seating layouts.

DGRulz wrote: »
    Just posted 3 Cat D tickets for the W Pool D v RU Pool C QF, they should be up soon. Hate selling them but people bailed on me :/

put the canada ticket back up, hoping to get an italy ticket instead

andymx11 wrote: »

Sign in, click on my account, they are there in "My orders" "At a glance".

Although I read somewhere "you are not guaranteed any particular seats until you receive your tickets", I can't see why they'd allocate you a seat and then send you something else.

CAD D for both potential Ireland QFs up now

CAT B also v France

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I think the available tickets feature is broken, I'm never able to add tickets that are seemingly available.

adrian522 wrote: »
    I think the available tickets feature is broken, I'm never able to add tickets that are seemingly available.

It works, they are most likely in someones basket, and don't appear as not available until they are bought.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

If they are in someones basket they are unavailable.

I like the look of the CAT C tickets that are at the very low level between CAT A and pitch side...class seats in fairness. For one of the QF we have row 1 seat 5 + 6

• Advertisement

See in the millennium stadium

Ascii wrote: »
    See in the millennium stadium

Yea but you get a special entrance, and don't have to sit with commoners.

From the last time I was there 2007 QF Nz v Fra, of what I recall, Millennium is a great stadium regardless where you sit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 concon147

I bought 3 CATA tickets, wondering should I hold onto them or put them back up. Would rather cheaper ones but i'd be afraid i'd be left with none.
    Will CAT A tickets be valuable closer to the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 concon147

For Ireland V France may I add

When do you find out your seat numbers

When do you find out your seat numbers

when you buy, go into the MY ACCOUNT link and it will tell you there. the link is in yellow at the top right of the page beside your name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭Melodeon

Anyone know if there are detailed seating plans/maps of the stadiums anywhere yet to see exactly where the allocated seats are actually located?

Melodeon wrote: »
    Anyone know if there are detailed seating plans/maps of the stadiums anywhere yet to see exactly where the allocated seats are actually located?

Am in block 501 in wembley for romania game myself

http://www.wembleystadium.com/images/viewFromYourSeat/map_blocks-sports.png

http://templeton-hospitality.com/gallery/_data/i/upload/2013/03/17/20130317222005-f53df5fc-me.jpg

concon147 wrote: »
    I bought 3 CATA tickets, wondering should I hold onto them or put them back up. Would rather cheaper ones but i'd be afraid i'd be left with none.
    Will CAT A tickets be valuable closer to the time?

Hold them for the moment, once you secure a cheaper category put the A's back up for sale.
    No point risking a seat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Hold them for the moment, once you secure a cheaper category put the A's back up for sale.
    No point risking a seat.
    How many are ya allowed per game tho? If he already has 3, he cant purchase another 3 until he sold the first ones no?

Advertisement